Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #57
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Plain and simple guys, it's not really rocket science. The Camaro is very overpriced period! I wanted one and bought one knowing the 5.0 was a better buy for the money but preferred the ss. Gm priced this car about 6-12k too high (depending on options). Think about how many people would want a Camaro ss over a 5.0 but just don't want to pay 5K minimum more for a daily driver fun car. I love this car a whole lot but 48k for a damn Camaro is near insanity.

Also like another member posted that I agree with is that most 20-40 year olds are buying civic si's, golf's, etc not really muscle type cars. Mustang is dominating because they offer a damn good package at a somewhat reasonable price for those wanting a muscle car.
Good points made here....

Don't know why GM can't get this thru their damn heads that it is overpriced and people are not buying it. Offer more incentives and discounts than you'll sell more Camaros......

Have to wonder where some of the executives at GM went to business school?

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #58
goosem36

Drives: prospective buyer
And GM is snubbing people like me by offering $2,500 cash if you are already in the GM family. Mustang and Challenger owners thinking of jumping over to the Camaro are being told by GM to stay away. They are not going to increase market share by "keeping it in the family."
goosem36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:29 PM   #59
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I wish I could afford a 6th Gen 1SS but when I went looking all the local dealers were not budging on price, so I said now way on a $40k+ 1SS and that would include my city sales tax we have to pay, I just couldn't do it ....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #60
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
not selling camaro

I agree with everyone's points, visibility (no issue for me though), price point (2-4k higher than it should be) not much marketing ( I don't know why? - cant they do at least one cool commercial, this is the 50th anniversary), what about more color options? A base model challenger offers green, orange, etc...but in reality it so great that you can walk into a chevy dealership in the year 2017 and buy a nice two door Camaro...( who would've thought that back in 2003?...But what chevy is missing is what they always had, a 2 DOOR chevy priced very cheap and reasonable for the masses...My first chevy in1990 you could get a 2 door Camaro, or a 2 door beretta, or a two door cavalier, even a two door blazer...Etc... Can't chevy build something great like a Camaro, nova, or should I say chevelle that looks great, is 2 door, has high horsepower, decent miles per gallon, and be in the 15-19,000 dollar range? even If this Camaro could have been priced in the 20-23,000 dollar range even for a base model...it would have sold over , 100,000 per year...rant over...I love my Camaro and it is very well engineered, great horsepower, decent miles per gallon, but they need to tweak this Camaro or there won't be a 7th generation Camaro...sad, but true..
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #61
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Looks sells cars and the challenger has stayed true to the muscle car look. As long as the camaro moves away from what most people believe what a muscle car should look like sales will hurt.
I don't see the camaro going away anytime soon and I would bet if chevy makes A few changes in styling it will help sales.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #62
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
... The few; the proud...
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #63
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I have a 12 1 SS vert and I will not upgrade to the 6th gen and here is why.
$$$ for pretty much the same car and styling I do not prefer over my 5th gen. I can get a used C7 for around the same price or cheaper than a new SS.
Options: I do not need half the crap they bundle in and charge more for.
I just bought a 2016 Kia Soul a month ago cause I needed a car since my daughter totaled her minivan. I got standard, bluetooth, three different drive modes, eco mode, 16" aluminum rims, usb, upgraded stereo, steering wheel controls, cruise, power windows and locks, traction control, abs, etc. Out the door with TTL I got it for $16,200. Point I am making is GM thinks cause it has all these options, we should be paying more for them. My Kia proves this to be not true.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #64
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
I love the Camaro. I think it’s a good value, but I also see that Camaros apparently need to cost a little less to help curb the need for massive incentives (great pricing for everyone).

Options are good too because they help folks who don’t care and would like to spend less as well as folks who want to make the car their own. I would have loved some different wheel options on the ZL1 and maybe an option to choose between a few brake caliper colors? You know upsell... lower the cost of the car, make up for it with (slightly overpriced) options. It's the same approach as printer manufacturers take. They make little to nothing on the printer knowing they'll more than make up for it when you buy the ink.

I don’t believe incentives are the answer. They’re good to clear A FEW of the outgoing model year cars from the lot, but shouldn’t be an overall sales strategy. Massive incentives aren’t good because they push away the customers with the most money to spend (sorry but it's true). People who can easily afford the Camaro are going to be first in line for the new cars (at MSRP or higher). These people then have to take the depreciation hit from the 20% incentives that show up a few months after their purchase. These customers like having new cars and would be frequent repeat customers, but only if they’re not having to absorb massive depreciation every year or two. (My ’16 Camaro SS depreciated 32% in 8 months with 3,042 miles. I don’t care how much Camaro Kool-Aid you drink, that’s a problem.)

The GM performance parts catalog lags behind terribly too. GM could easily offer tons of warranty-preserving options for these cars and people would be all over them. That alone would help drum up interest in the cars. Instead most of us are left to the aftermarket or playing replacement part roulette with a dealer or with outdated online parts catalogs.

Just my 2 cents.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #65
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Plain and simple guys, it's not really rocket science. The Camaro is very overpriced period! I wanted one and bought one knowing the 5.0 was a better buy for the money but preferred the ss. Gm priced this car about 6-12k too high (depending on options). Think about how many people would want a Camaro ss over a 5.0 but just don't want to pay 5K minimum more for a daily driver fun car. I love this car a whole lot but 48k for a damn Camaro is near insanity.

Also like another member posted that I agree with is that most 20-40 year olds are buying civic si's, golf's, etc not really muscle type cars. Mustang is dominating because they offer a damn good package at a somewhat reasonable price for those wanting a muscle car.
^^^^^THIS !!!!
I'm a performance guy, if GM lowers the price maybe a new SS will be parked next to my 2014 GT.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #66
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Was the last Gen's sales pitch about being the best bang for the buck(paraphrasing? What is the current Gen's sales slogan? I personally think the last Gen was a "Bargain!" and this current Gen is a "I beg your pardon?" when it comes to spending one's money. Maybe it's time for Chevy to start thinking about making a ZL1 or 1LE SUV, that's where the smarter money resides.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #67
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
I usually do not reply as I am yet an owner. But the reason im not an owner is b/c price. Yes, is it worth the 37k for 1ss? absolutely! but i'm 32 with an 8 month old, a mortgage, student loans, and i own a 2015 gti (which i bought for 25k and have 12k left). I almost just bought a left over 5gen for 28k...decided not b/c the 6 gen would be worth it to wait. BTW- i have 20k saved int he bank...cant justify the $490/month payment.

Am I complaining about price? yeah I guess I am, but I do understand it is worth that price.

Cheers!
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #68
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
The market is much smaller in Canada, but a 2017 Mustang gt sells for $54,000, so the $60,000 I paid for my 50th anniversary ss convertible seems ok. The Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro are more closly priced here.
I agree that Chevy should advertise these cars more. Not sure why they don't?
It is a fantastic car. The Motor Trend comparison to the BMW m4 was a real eye opener! My 2 cents.
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #69
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
At least for the Camaro 1SS, I don't think the camaro is overpriced when you consider how the driving experience is universally praised and the amount of standard equipment. The Camaro SS equivalant to the performance package option on the Mustang GT is mostly standard equipment in the Camaro 1SS base price, whether or not the buyer wants it. However, the higher you move up with your base, due to content, the lower your sales are going to be.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #70
SR 33

Drives: 2016 1LT - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosem36 View Post
And GM is snubbing people like me by offering $2,500 cash if you are already in the GM family. Mustang and Challenger owners thinking of jumping over to the Camaro are being told by GM to stay away. They are not going to increase market share by "keeping it in the family."
Is this true now? When I bought mine I got the gm loyalty incentive for the $2500, but they also said there was a $2000 mustang incentive that could be added if I or someone in my household had a newer one
SR 33 is offline   Reply With Quote