Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #15
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Do they normally camo and test cosmetic changes? I don't remember seeing any for the '14 refresh. Hell, they tested the Z/28 under the disguise of a V6.

This is where I'd put my money. The one car already shows the SS hood, Brembos, and blade spoiler.

Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #16
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
Why refresh so soon? Bad sales?
Yeah. The rear end needs some work.
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #17
Brigante

Drives: Cadillac
This gen looks bad, thats why it does not sell.
But till the next gen, there some things they can improve now.

First, they MUST get rid of that ugly butt. The tail lights and the rear bumper must be redesigned. It should be more expressive/dynamic.
Btw, look at the last chevy's concept(FNR-X).There are some parts they can use for the MCE. For example, the tail lights. I think they look quite good on that concept.
Secondly, Camaro must get the full led headlights.
Would be good to see some changes in the interior as well.

What do you guys expect from the MCE?
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #18
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
It looks like the refresh will have a new style hood... I don't see the the same air vents on the hood. Looks like it might have a front air dam. Can't wait to see it.

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #19
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP86 View Post
I don't want a refresh... I want a Buick Avista!!
hell ya. if they had made that car i would have bought it
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #20
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Bad sales...
Yes the Mustang is getting a refresh for 2018 exactly 3 MYs in because it's sales are so bad....

Come on guys, refreshes are happening quicker now. Even the Charger/Challenger is going to get one in 2018. Industry is changing with the rapid advances in tech.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
no one ever really said much about my 5th gen but every one says wow about my 6th
Attached Images

real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:10 PM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
They should just use a standardized cover, as seen here, for example...lol...

Before...

Name:  deathm14.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  81.2 KB

After....

Name:  deathmobile.jpg
Views: 1989
Size:  78.1 KB

Before...

Name:  2019-Camaro_017.jpg
Views: 2036
Size:  312.9 KB

After?...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:26 PM   #23
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Definitely a refresh. You can see they are using substitute tail lights and they have built a frame around the front fascia to hide any changes.

The wheels look like the V6 1LE with the SS 4 piston Brembos, so maybe its the Turbo 4 1LE and refresh being tested together.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #24
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Probably a refresh just like they did for 5th gen. It makes sense. I mean if I were to go buy a new Camaro next year, I wouldn't want it looking EXACTLY like someone who got it 3 years ago
Alot of automakers do a refresh year 3. Usually its front and rear change with a little interior changes. Also ive driven vehicle that have had engine and trans changes in the second model year. Keeps things interesting till new model launch in year 5.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #25
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I believe it’s several reasons.

1. We went 5 years before we saw a concept 5th Gen and 2 years later the production vehicle everyone loved it and we flocked in droves to buy one.
2. 6th Gen was released great looking car still looked a little like a 5th Gen to some but on average $10k over the cost of a 5th Gen really turned off buyers..
3. Low gas prices people tend to buy larger vehicles, plus the fad of the new Camaro has worn off for new buyers and some diehards.
4. Majority of owners moved on beyond sports cars onto SUV’s and trucks the sports car phase was cool but just does not fit the buyers needs.
5. People did not see that much of an exterior change from the 5th vs. 6th to justify moving over. Sure the interior is what we always wanted some feel the exterior was not changed enough.

I myself loved the way the 6th gen looked, after I priced out a 2SS Convertible with all of the goodies I was @ $54k almost $12k higher than a 5th Gen 2SS Convertible I had wanted back in 2012. At this point I was happy with my 5th Gen it was paid for no sense in buying a 6th Gen that I will drive ha handful of times a year.

Well fast forward when I test drive a 2SS coupe, then someone wanted to buy my 2010 and the story was over for me a new 2017 2SS Convertible order.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:31 PM   #26
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Source:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/25/s...#slide-5003417
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That might have something to do with, might have pushed them a little sooner but car makers in general are doing refreshes quicker and quicker. Seems like 3 years now is the norm before a refresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Bad sales...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
I believe 2019 was always planned for the refresh. That was always the year mentioned. With 2021/2022 for the 7th gen. Don't think sales have to do with it.
To put this into perspective...look at the Mustang. Its getting a big refresh after three years also. So its not crazy at all that the Camaro is getting one after three years.

4 - 6 years without a big refresh may have been the norm before. Not so much any longer.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigante View Post
This gen looks bad, thats why it does not sell.
But till the next gen, there some things they can improve now.

First, they MUST get rid of that ugly butt. The tail lights and the rear bumper must be redesigned. It should be more expressive/dynamic.
Btw, look at the last chevy's concept(FNR-X).There are some parts they can use for the MCE. For example, the tail lights. I think they look quite good on that concept.
Secondly, Camaro must get the full led headlights.
Would be good to see some changes in the interior as well.

What do you guys expect from the MCE?
I disagree. It doesn't sell as well b/c its more expensive than its competitors, b/c it isn't a HUGE change from the prior gen, and b/c its the least practical of its competitors.

I don't think the tail end is exactly beautiful either, but then again, people aren't buying these b/c of the rear end and b/c it doesn't have full LED headlamps....not even close.

An MCE won't fix interior space, storage or any practicality issues, and the price will either stay the same or go up. But an MCE can bring a host of significant changes. Just look at the Mustang. Updated engine, updated transmission, better performance options, updated interior, updated exterior. That's as close as you get to a new generation without going to an updated chassis.

I think we should all expect a revised from and rear fascia, updated interior (if only slightly...not a major revamp), a couple of new technology/features thrown in, and possibly some performance improvements via either suspension tweaks (although I see no need) and the 10 speed. Maybe a power bump, but GM doesn't usually do those as often as Ford.