Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Camaro SS Micro II Fuses 3A?

Talk about a nightmare of a time. I have been down a rabbit hole that I simply just didn't research. I am hooking up an in car cam setup that allows the system to pull power while the car is parked for a an adjustable set amount of time.

That being said when I got the system I told them to send me a Mini add-in-circuit to be able to tap in and get the external box powered. I quickly found out that was the wrong fuse setup. I than order the micro setup... Nope wrong again! Teaches me to not read a bit more carefully. Now I think I have dialed in on the Micro2 fuse setup for the add-in-circuit.

Now I know the fuses are mainly to power and protect the wires carrying the power, but I can't seem to find a 3A fuse for the life of me for a Micro2 setup.

Am I just blind? Can I use a 5A over a 3A. I am very unlearned with power stuff like this, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The 5 amp will be fine. The chances of a short to ground on a interior cam are very slim. Worst case, you burn up one wire or possibly your camera, but I really don't think you'll have a problem. Just make sure your wires are routed in a way that protect them from any sharp edges that could cut the insulation and cause a short.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
BTW, I am EWIS qualified.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
jwdominick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
pretty sure 5 is the smallest they go in ATR fuses
jwdominick is offline   Reply With Quote