Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #281
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
Please make sure you get a fat check for diminishing value... When my Cobalt got that I was able to buy a pretty decent supercharger for it.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #282
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
Not totaled and I'm fuming. Total damage est about $13K.

Anybody want to buy a Camaro with "Fresh Paint"?
13k in damage? WOW
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #283
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
i hope something truly awful happens to them. something that ruins their lives.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #284
Mityguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
i hope something truly awful happens to them. something that ruins their lives.
I mean these kids defaced a vehicle to lash out and try and push their boundaries... Honestly I have a feeling these kids already have a ruined life...
Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #285
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Beating your kids needs to be allowed for the same reason religion was invented in the first place - without fear there is no respect.

I got a smack anytime I got out of line - and I thank my father today for doing it.

Good luck on the repairs but as mentioned, get a diminished value payout and sell that car ASAP, it will never be the same.
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #286
Mityguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phail View Post
Beating your kids needs to be allowed for the same reason religion was invented in the first place - without fear there is no respect.

I got a smack anytime I got out of line - and I thank my father today for doing it.

Good luck on the repairs but as mentioned, get a diminished value payout and sell that car ASAP, it will never be the same.
Agreed, even it drives the same and looks like it used to... You'll always see the scratches and remember and be like "Damn..." I loved my old car and then I got in an accident I just couldn't shake the desire to get rid of and get my self in something fresh and make some better memories...
Old 05-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #287
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mityguy View Post
I mean these kids defaced a vehicle to lash out and try and push their boundaries... Honestly I have a feeling these kids already have a ruined life...
You're probably right, but it's going to take while, a good bit of money wasted, and the OP won't be the only victim.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #288
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mityguy View Post
Yep shi*** parents.

Where in KY are you located op?

I'm from there and now live in Texas...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #289
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
Yes, there is a correct way to lovingly spank - which by the way is recommended in the Designers book.

I'm far from done with these people, but trying to move forward. Shop says it may take a month and insurance is moving as fast as the government. They said it could take 24-48 hours to SCHEDULE a tow. I'm not happy with their service down on the farm.

I found a really nice replacement at a local dealer, but I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade to a 1LE.

Thanks to everyone for their support.
Hang in there is all you can do. Keep us updated when you get your car back. Best wishes for you going forward.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #290
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Yeah. That's a sure-fire way to earn my respect.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #291
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I never beat my kids. What I did was when they were young, their first time they really got out of hand I took all,of their possessions away. I then made them earn everyone of them back over a thirty day period,( they were old enough to to know right and wrong)... We taught them that and if they didn't respect people or property, they would loose everything again and made them earn it. You can imagine preteen with no phone or computer. They learned that I was judge and jury and I would take everything away because, I did it the first time I said I would if they didn't straighten up. They learned very early what it was like to lose it all...
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #292
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Yeah. That's a sure-fire way to earn my respect.

We're talking about under developed brains here with issues with impulse control and knowing the difference between right and wrong.
Obviously these need not apply to adults for the most part (although some people never develop to the point where they should be considered adults)

If you are to young/simple to understand why I am punishing you, you will at least fear me enough to hopefully stop the behavior.

When you are old enough to understand I did it for you own good, you will respect me for doing it.

(And obviously this isn't beat your kids into the hospital - but it is hard enough to leave a red mark on someones ass with the inability to sit down for a few minutes )
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #293
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I never beat my kids. What I did was when they were young, their first time they really got out of hand I took all,of their possessions away. I then made them earn everyone of them back over a thirty day period,( they were old enough to to know right and wrong)... We taught them that and if they didn't respect people or property, they would loose everything again and made them earn it. You can imagine preteen with no phone or computer. They learned that I was judge and jury and I would take everything away because, I did it the first time I said I would if they didn't straighten up. They learned very early what it was like to lose it all...
Maybe that is why I didn't have fear of the consequences; I didn't have crap, nothing to lose.

Maybe just poor parents should beat their children.

Seriously though, that does work most of the time. I do it too.

Quote:
...these need not apply to adults for the most part (although some people never develop to the point where they should be considered adults)
No, whooping adults works too. You tear somebody's azz up, they will quit fn with you for the most part.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #294
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
OP, the comment about getting $ for diminished value cannot be overstated. I learned this one the hard way --- My prior car was fixed ($14k damage) after an accident, and the insurance company was great about getting it repaired. I was extremely satisfied with the way the car turned out, and I'm pretty picky.

But then . . .

I tried to trade it in. The Carfax totally f$cked me. Cost me about $4000 in trade-in value. In a Carfax world, diminished value is a real concern and something you should try to get. Given it is your insurance paying for the damages, you may or may not be entitled to diminished value based on your policy, but you should try.
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote