Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm surprised no one mentioned the HOUSE that was directly BEHIND the tree.

How about a possible baby sleeping in a room next to mom and dad IN the house??

All I have to say...screw the Camaro. I am VERY sorry for the loss of the passenger. For all we know, he could have been begging the driver to stop...slow down...not be stupid. Regardless, the driver has to live for the rest of his life with the fact that he killed someone. Even worse, he's most likely going to have to do that while behind bars.

Moral of the story?

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.

If there was no alcohol, he probably would have been in better use of his mental faculties. ...and would not have been being so d@mn stupid.

Still a prayer goes out to everyone....the lost passenger, the family of the passenger, the family of the diver, and yes...even the driver himself. Oh..and the police said alcohol was a factor. But, they didn't say he was intoxicated. We also need to wait on a final blood analysis before coming to conclusions. He could have had 3 beers, been 230 lbs, and left all 3 beer cans in his car...and guess what...he smells of alcohol, there's open beer cans, and the police look at that and can pretty much guarantee that "alcohol played a factor in the accident." Again, we don't know...we don't have concrete final info on the investigation that only begun two days ago.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #58
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
You drink, you drive, you lose.
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #59
jordan 572

Drives: none
how did the passanger die but not the driver? Look at that door
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #60
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Not much good happens at 2:30 in the morning!!
You sound like my mother.....and she was right!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #61
kevin1

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I bet the passenger wasnt wearing a seat belt
kevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #62
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
his payment for sure will be to have to live with knowing hes responsible for his friends death cause he was stupid.

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #63
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Drinking and driving is a pretty big problem here. At the base here there's always wrecked cars on display at the gates before you leave to show the soldiers what can happen. Unfortunately a lot of soldiers come back from Iraq with an invincibility complex and get into major trouble. Unfortunately for them and their families that kinda trouble involves DUI and a motorcycle/car.

I have no simpathy for those that get hurt in these situations. You know the consequences before hand and you know that you and your buddy are going out to party with only 1 car... Use your common sense folks! At least no one in that house was hurt, especially if they had children.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #64
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
On a side note, I don't understand why people just don't take a taxi out when they go party. I do this all the time and its fun as hell! I get as wasted as I wanted and for only $20 I dont have to worry about getting arrested (bye bye job) or wrecking my car (bye bye $35,550) or killing someone (...). I understand people want to look "cool" pulling up to the club or the bar in a fancy car but its not worth what people can care less about.

Get a taxi to go party people!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #65
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Please do follow up reports to see if he gets off , no jail time or very little time..
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #66
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
My best thoughts to their families.

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
DCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #67
fisherssmoke

Drives: Black SS
People-- dont ever take the power of these cars for granted.

I live in a cold region and keep the Camaro pretty much parked during any wet or cold days...snow no way.
With a huge powerband, its easy for it to get away from ya at speeds you would normally be comfortable at. Even at 3600lbs this car is a feather when I mash the gas at 40 mph in 2nd gear.
I feel bad for the kid and his friend.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #68
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
No sympathy for the driver here, since he was drinking.

Same for the passenger, if he was drinking too (which the article didn't make clear). Even if not, he should have spoken up and not let the driver drive.

Sad for the Camaro and the tree. Darwin claims another victim.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #69
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Cars can be replaced. People can't. That's just sad. If you have never done anything stupid, please by all means be disrespectful, I guess you've earned it? If on the other hand you have, well then you know where I'm coming from.
I've done stupid stuff, but I have NEVER drunk alcohol then driven. EVER.

I've posted this before in other threads, but my girlfriend in high school when I was a Junior was killed by a drunk driver while riding her bicycle.

I've made it a point to never drink and drive because of that. I'll also never hold any sympathy for anyone that does. They deserve prison. IF this guy recovers, he should be put in jail for manslaughter (at the very least).

I've believed in a 1 month mandatory jail sentence for 1st offense, 1 year jail/prison for 2nd, and 5 year prison felony for 3rd. Or something similar and harsh.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #70
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
F*ck the Camaro, a man is dead and didn't have to be.

Some people just amaze me,its a fricking Camaro, an innocent passenger was killed because of stupidity. The camaro can be replaced, the life. As for the driver, im not sure how hes going to live with himself, knowing that his passenger is dead because of his stupid actions. Which couldve all been avoided.
I hate people who drink and drive. Its really pisses me off. When i was on my ride alongs, we pulled over one driver after the next for DUI, all of them blew over twice and even three times the legal limit. The second night, i responded to my first crash. 4 teens, drinking and driving, lost control and railed the light post. As i got out of the cruiser, i walk up to a female who is having a ceisure.
After questioning all the teens, we found out that they were all Police foundations students Dumbasses.
Now im 18, so there are always parties i go out to from time to time. My best friends are as mature and smart as me. We all have 0 tolerance when it comes to drinking and driving but sometimes we need to drill that into our female friends heads. But we always see other random teens drinking then heading out to drive. I have almost gotten into fights trying to stop people, but i do as much as i can.
Its always an innoncent person who gets killed. This can all be avoided if people just made brighter choices, like having a designated driver who will actually not drink.
My prayers go out to that family and to evryone here, i hope that none of us ever get involved in an accident with a drunk driver. Stay safe guys and please, always ensure that you have a designated driver when you go out
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote