Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM   #1
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Ford committed to the internal combustion V8 for the Mustang indefinitely

Ford is simply going to end up with a lot of former Camaro owners. Queen Mary better be rethinking this stupid decision to end Camaro and ICE V8 investment:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...NujMSfLn21QbZs
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 01:34 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Definitely disappointed in gm leadership. Luckily the Corvette will continue to be ICE powered for the foreseeable future. Glad Ford is continuing the fight but I personally have no interest in purchasing any of their products.
Old 01-21-2024, 04:49 AM   #3
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Definitely disappointed in gm leadership. Luckily the Corvette will continue to be ICE powered for the foreseeable future. Glad Ford is continuing the fight but I personally have no interest in purchasing any of their products.
I will never own an electric toaster, no matter how fast it is.

I’ve been a GM/Chevy guy my whole life and have always thought the Camaro was a far superior car in every way than the Mustang as I’m sure you do as well.

But if it came down to an electric Camaro that’s on a great chassis and faster and better looking and better built in every way than a Mustang on a 20 year old archaic chassis with a gasoline internal combustion V8 and a real 3 pedal manual stick shift transmission, I will buy the Mustang in a heartbeat and pay full sticker without so much as a question if I could get 50 cents off and happily mail FoMoCo a letter of sincere gratitude for keeping at least one real car alive.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 01-22-2024, 01:28 PM   #4
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I would have absolutely no problem with owning a Mustang. Props to Ford for keeping it alive.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:52 PM   #5
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Eh, ICE Mustang is done too eventually, it's just on a different timetable. I've often asked myself if I could drive a Mustang lately though

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 03:39 PM   #6
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
It makes sense I guess, for Chevy the Camaro was always overshadowed by the Corvette, so in a way it makes sense that GM would eat the costs on ICE Corvette and let go of the Camaro, for Ford through they don't really have a Corvette, they just have a mustang (yeah the Ford GT exists but that's a completely different category altogether) and I'd guess it makes more sense for them to just eat the cost of an ICE engine in that. At least we aren't hearing about "electric muscle" like what dodge is trying to sell, with the fake obnoxious exhaust sounds.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:46 PM   #7
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
At least we aren't hearing about "electric muscle" like what dodge is trying to sell, with the fake obnoxious exhaust sounds.
Yep. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining (paraphrasing the band Skid Row).
Old 01-22-2024, 06:26 PM   #8
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Pretty sure the Hurricane is coming back for Dodge, while not a V8, still ICE

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 07:36 PM   #9
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Farley has been saying a lot of great things lately. I hope Ford is "allowed" to deliver despite the WEF and certain fund managers tightening on, well, EVERYTHING.

Lowercase gm and Mary suck now.
Totally agree.👍
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 08:30 PM   #10
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
It makes sense I guess, for Chevy the Camaro was always overshadowed by the Corvette, so in a way it makes sense that GM would eat the costs on ICE Corvette and let go of the Camaro, for Ford through they don't really have a Corvette, they just have a mustang (yeah the Ford GT exists but that's a completely different category altogether) and I'd guess it makes more sense for them to just eat the cost of an ICE engine in that. At least we aren't hearing about "electric muscle" like what dodge is trying to sell, with the fake obnoxious exhaust sounds.
I don’t know, unless you got a top of the line Camaro, ever since ‘67, the Corvette was always in a different league. At least for me. Because anyone could afford a new Camaro throughout the years, even with a V8, and not everyone could afford even a base Corvette.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 01-23-2024, 05:17 AM   #11
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
I don’t know, unless you got a top of the line Camaro, ever since ‘67, the Corvette was always in a different league. At least for me. Because anyone could afford a new Camaro throughout the years, even with a V8, and not everyone could afford even a base Corvette.
The last 3 generations of Camaros have all pushed pretty close to the top of the Corvette (aside from the ZR1) and for roughly half the cost in many respects.

Throw in the fact that many of the Camaro's top engines were basically Corvette engines, it gets amusing too.

However, I do think Chevy is screwing the pooch here because the Camaro was the only reason several people I know, including myself, bought Chevy. I am too tall to really fit in the Corvette and it has nowhere near the room I want in a car.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:19 AM   #12
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
The retro design of the 2005 Mustang and it's popularity spurred the return of the Camaro and Challenger. Just as the introduction of the Mustang in 1964 proved GM needed something more than the Corvair to compete. Maybe history will repeat itself and we'll get another Camaro that's not an electric SUV. Or maybe Ford will be our only choice. Dodge is coming out with a 2 door Charger that might have an ICE and possibly a manual. I remain hopeful gm gives us something as I prefer their product but won't hold my breath. Good for Ford though and I might end up with a Mustang one day.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 10:45 AM   #13
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
The retro design of the 2005 Mustang and its popularity spurred the return of the Camaro and Challenger. Just as the introduction of the Mustang in 1964 proved GM needed something more than the Corvair to compete. Maybe history will repeat itself and we'll get another Camaro that's not an electric SUV. Or maybe Ford will be our only choice. Dodge is coming out with a 2 door Charger that might have an ICE and possibly a manual. I remain hopeful gm gives us something as I prefer their product but won't hold my breath. Good for Ford though and I might end up with a Mustang one day.
If Ford and Dodge do those cars right and they sell and make money, GM is going to have to join back into the party.

But I said the same thing when Ford brought back the Bronco as a real off roader in direct competition to the Jeep Wrangler. It would have been a perfect time for GM to bring out a REAL Blazer - rear wheel drive based, full frame, with a true transfer case and front and rear diffs. A nod to the K5. Not the unibody grocery getter for soccer moms they slapped the Blazer name on that would break an axle in the first 5 feet of an off-road trail.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 01-23-2024, 11:57 AM   #14
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The last 3 generations of Camaros have all pushed pretty close to the top of the Corvette (aside from the ZR1) and for roughly half the cost in many respects.

Throw in the fact that many of the Camaro's top engines were basically Corvette engines, it gets amusing too.
And still Corvette is outselling Camaros by a significant percentage, 21-23, and the percentage will only increase for '24.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote