Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Rockies / Midwest

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Those who live in the Denver area

Right now the forecast for the week of my trip to Frisco is 40% chance of thunderstorms every day that I am there. How concerned should I be? I know you get a lot of hail at that elevation. Do you get hail every time it storms? I would really hate to have to drive my Buick instead of my Camaro.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
Hail is definitely my biggest weather worry living here in Denver. However, I think you should be OK driving the Camaro. The vast majority of hail days happen here in June and July. Extremely hot days that end in BIG, hail-producing T-storms are very common in early to mid-summer. By August, especially late August there aren't hail storms very often. And the higher you go into the mountains the colder the air is and the hail chances go down significantly. Now with all that said there is still a chance but not one that I would leave the Camaro home because of. Your biggest threat is the eastern plains of Colorado between Kansas and Denver. That area is much more hail prone. I drive with several large blankets in the trunk during hail season. If worse comes to worse I would pull over and cover the car with blankets to absorb the impacts. It will work. If you cross the eastern plains in the morning, before noon, you will not see hail. It is a 1pm-sundown thing here. Bring the Camaro, have a great time and message me if you'd like to go see some of the best twisty roads we have. We can cruise a pair of Camaros thru the hills.
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #3
Cruz'n 45th

Drives: 2020 Convertible 2SS Red Hot
Twisty Roads

CO2SS - Moving to the Springs later this month and being new to the areaI'd like to get to know the some of the twisty roads. May be we can hook up sometime and go for a run...