Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #15
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Well when flying out that front window you might have a liittle after thought about that seat belt and dinging warning sound.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:49 PM   #16
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
I already know this is going to start some shit but....I never use my seat belt. So I made these. Think they were originally from a Toyota Sienna, had some in scrap pile. Just needed something to shut up the dinging.
So you have enough brains to rig this up to stop the dinging, but . . .
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Well I am an engineer and I also used to work in Safety and Crashworthiness.

This will likely fail in crash unless it's rated for Way more than a few hundred pounds. And once it does fail what does it do and where does it go.

I'm guessing this is for comfort and I'm glad you are wearing your sat belt. I like the Velcro strap idea a little better for a comfort mod.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #18
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I really don't have a problem reaching the seatbelt - rather than reaching up over my shoulder I reach low next to the seat.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:35 PM   #19
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Number 3... Then you have to like the wide leather ( or fabric) loop idea with a "tether" to the headrest rod that would easily break away in an accident. Now that we are discussing this, I have a shop up the street that can easily make this up with a SNAP instead of a complete sewn loop. That will also break away with the tether. This is easier for me than the normal "treasure hunt"
Old 08-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #20
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Don't get all big brother on me. I know it's stupid, I just don't care. I should have that right.

I just can't stand being told that I HAVE to do something. Yeah, I am THAT stubborn.

I've been watching so many Youtube crash videos lately that I've been rethinking my stance on mandatory seatbelts...but my "Fuq you" gene is pretty dominant. I HATE/ABHOR being told what to do. And yes, I am soooo old enough to know better. It just doesn't stick.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #21
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Don't get all big brother on me. I know it's stupid, I just don't care. I should have that right.

I just can't stand being told that I HAVE to do something. Yeah, I am THAT stubborn.

I've been watching so many Youtube crash videos lately that I've been rethinking my stance on mandatory seatbelts...but my "Fuq you" gene is pretty dominant. I HATE/ABHOR being told what to do. And yes, I am soooo old enough to know better. It just doesn't stick.
You sound like a spoiled nine year old. The world is full of rules that you have to follow. You are being told every single day what to do and not do. Having a very good chance of dying in a crash just because you don't like being told what to do isn't very intelligent. If you don't care about your own life, how about your loved ones that will miss you jjst because you don't like being told what to do. Sorry, but I've seen first hand the very horrific results of people that didnt use their belts that would have most likely still been with us if they had.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #22
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Dying shouldn't be what you should be afraid of.

Surviving and losing a limb, breaking your back, or the worse thing would be to be disabled from the kneck down or physically a drooling vegetable for the rest of your life, yet remaining 100% cognizant of your situation mentally.

Just think about being all there mentally but can't do a damn thing physically. Forever.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSHYBOY View Post
Number 3... Then you have to like the wide leather ( or fabric) loop idea with a "tether" to the headrest rod that would easily break away in an accident. Now that we are discussing this, I have a shop up the street that can easily make this up with a SNAP instead of a complete sewn loop. That will also break away with the tether. This is easier for me than the normal "treasure hunt"
The Gen5 had a strap with a snap. So that's much closer to a simple strap with Velcro. Just not a fan of a metal c loop.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #24
Com69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You sound like a spoiled nine year old. The world is full of rules that you have to follow. You are being told every single day what to do and not do. Having a very good chance of dying in a crash just because you don't like being told what to do isn't very intelligent. If you don't care about your own life, how about your loved ones that will miss you jjst because you don't like being told what to do. Sorry, but I've seen first hand the very horrific results of people that didnt use their belts that would have most likely still been with us if they had.
I sound like a spoiled 9 year old because I AM. No excuses, I'm an asshole. But I'm ok with that and at least I can admit it. So many douches on the road these days who legitimately don't realize they are douches. Mostly Prius drivers. 😉😉
Old 08-20-2016, 11:51 PM   #25
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:

Sell me one? Don't forget to wrap the handle in felt to prevent scratches on the side of the center console. I noticed the 6th gen seat buckle has felt now on the side that faces the console, nice detail touch. I've thought about just looping the wire back with a small resistor to simulate a connection. This way the dummy unit isn't needed or in the way of use for another driver that does want to use the belt.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:57 PM   #26
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
And to help the thread back on track... I would love for a clean mount to move the lower belt attachment point to the floor corner closest to the rear seat. Doing the step or lift method like you're letting someone into a boxing ring is stupid.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #27
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
If you're talking about the back seat ( boxing ring) that's a non issue for me as I don't use the back seat. In the drivers seat this is virtually the same set up as 2015 Camaros
Old 08-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #28
Com69
Banned

Maybe try these. http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=166

Slide one side under the front part of seat flipper. Should be enough tension to hold it in place.