Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-22-2016, 09:39 AM   #15
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
tollerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
It's obvious that the word tolerable was created to tell honest people that they can go F themselves when there's a problem that they don't want to address. Of course you could always say something like, So I should tolerate the oil loss the same way your boss tolerates you working here? Is that right?
I feel the same way about the excessive fogging windshield problem. Something is wrong but the dealer can't fix it and GM basically said stick it where the sun don't shine. I'm only at 1500 miles already did the first break in oil change and haven't noticed any oil consumption issues. I will check back in at the next interval.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #16
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
The LT1 is an all aluminum block and heads so the tolerances are slightly looser than a steel block. If you do a lot of downshifting and use the motor to pull your speed down you will blow oil past the rings but your's is excessive. My bet along with others is it was not filled all the way up. I have the 3.6LGX all aluminum and have not used a drop in 4k miles but my 4.6 Northstar is another story.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote