Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-22-2016, 07:08 AM   #15
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Why "only" a 1LT?

1) I'm in my mid-twenties with a house (mortgage) and a good-paying job (student loans), so while my dream Camaro runs in the low-mid $50k range, I found a nice deal ($4k off MSRP, so like $25,500 for the car before trade/taxes/extras/etc.) that realistically fit within my budget..
2) This is also the first performance/sports car I've ever owned.

Why the 3.6L V6?

1) My last two cars were a Chevy Equinox (4-cyl) and Kia Rio (4-cyl). Not exactly speed daemons.
2) This V6 engine is one of the best in its' class.
3) Regular unleaded gas, instead of Premium.
4) I'd love to participate in a track day, but realistically, I don't see that happening. Not that the V6 couldn't, more so that if I was going to track the car, I would spend the extra for the V8.

Why the 8-speed automatic?

1) This is my daily driver, and while I don't have to commute for work (huzzah working from home), I don't feel like putting up with a manual in traffic.
2) My fiancee, if she ever needed/wanted to drive the Camaro, doesn't do manual transmissions. I need to own a car that can be driven by her.
3) Paddle shifters/manual mode satisfies my "I want the control" needs.

Is the 'base' Camaro enough?

Depends. There are a ton of GREAT options on the Camaro (RS package, NPP exhaust, power/convenience package, MRC, etc...) but depends on what is truly important to you.

I look at it this way - I have all the creature comforts I had in my Equinox (color touch screen infotainment system, backup camera, phone connectivity, 30+ MPG highway, etc..) plus some extras (Apple CarPlay), so the "stars aligned" and got a great deal. I'm more focused on enjoying the drive, so my Camaro is perfectly equipped for what I need, while also living well within my means
Old 08-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #16
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
The Question: Which Camaro is right for you and why? Post below!

6th Gen Options:
1LT - RS, 1LE, Convertible, V4 and V6
2LT - RS, 1LE, Convertible, 50 Anv, V4 and V6
1SS - 1LE, Convertible
2SS - Convertible, 50 Anv
ZL1 - Convertible
COPO -
Good Video, just a quick note/ clarification/ technicality: You said I4 in your video but accidentally typed V4 in your post.
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #17
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
Some people say if you are tall, don't get the sunroof, however, I am 6'-2" and have the sunroof and have no clearance problems. I live in Florida, but when cruising prefer driving with the windows down. The sunroof prevents the dampening sound if you drive with them down, so I had to add it to my list of must haves for comfort. My main reason for going with the 2SS over the 1SS was the rear safety sensors. . I know that it's a lot of extra money, but I look at it as one accident for a quick lane change with someone I didn't see and it would have been all worth it... Quick as in Jacksonville drivers pulling out in front the of you or losing ladders on bridges.. A daily occurrence. . Also, not sure about you guys, but my car seems to attract people who drive like jerks.
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Hands down it's the ZL1. The car was never mass produced and for that reason it is a Grail car for anyone with an original. All of the other cars are great rides just like the Z28 but I'm not looking to own something that lots of other people have. I want it to be unique which is the same reason I'd buy it in a color that most others do not. Even if HBM really appealed to me the fact that so many other people are buying it is a turn off. It's all about power and I won't be tracking the car. I had the opportunity to pick up a 2015 ZL1 and I held off. Had I bought that car I'd be disappointed now. I like the styling more and the interior so the fact it has the LT4 is just a bonus in my opinion. The name plate means something. The other cars can be lighter, nimbler etc. I don't really care. The fact that it's supercharged is the selling factor. When I talk about the car to friends you don't hear me say I'm buying a Camaro. I tell them it's a ZL1. Mic drop.......
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote