Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
wardog

Drives: 05 Mustang GT - 2017 SS on order
Another Mustang Convert

I've had a couple of Mustangs, an 88 GT Convertible and still have a 2005 GT Coupe.

I got the 05 GT in early 05, back when there were hardly any on the streets. Black, red int, lowered 1.5", wider wheels/tires, limo tint. Every gas station, store, etc... I was stopped and asked about it and complimented on it. It was like being a celebrity for a while... It actually still gets a lot of compliments.

I loved the 5th Gen Camaro when it came out. I expected a watered down production version but was glad to see it had all the looks of what I had seen in early pictures. Very cool but I wasn't in a position to buy. I'm sure the people who had them early experienced the same thing I did in 05.

I waited patiently for the 6th Gen Mustang. When I finally saw it, I was underwhelmed by the looks... It looked wider and lower and that should have been a good thing. I should have liked it, but just didn't warm to it. Didn't really like the look of the front, or the back, or the side for that matter.

Read every review and watched every YT vid of the 16 Camaro and was sold. Took one for a test drive. Searched in vain and couldn't find one optioned the way I wanted no matter what the distance, so I placed an order about 6 weeks ago. My dealer said it should come in next week or the week after. Really looking forward to it.

I've been whiling away the hours lurking and reading here and thought I would say hello.

2017 2SS 6M in Hyper Blue, black wheels, grey interior, nav, NPP, sunroof, MRC
wardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  74.8 KB
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
^^^^FYI...that's Miller High Life in that glass.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #4
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
^^^^FYI...that's Miller High Life in that glass.
You dont like that beer?
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #5
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I guess you can be called a convert, but I've been back and forth a number of times and each time, the other car is awesome and I have to have it. I suppose that's a testimony to capitalism...lol. A car manufacturer can lure you into buying their product. I drove a 2016 GT Premium at about $43K and if I hadn't driven a Camaro, I might have been convinced it was the best of it's kind. The difference seemed to be that the Camaro was a more quality vehicle in every sense. I guess I just love cars. Love these while you can, folks their days are numbered, especially if Hillary becomes president...God forbid!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #6
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
I've had a couple of Mustangs, an 88 GT Convertible and still have a 2005 GT Coupe.

I got the 05 GT in early 05, back when there were hardly any on the streets. Black, red int, lowered 1.5", wider wheels/tires, limo tint. Every gas station, store, etc... I was stopped and asked about it and complimented on it. It was like being a celebrity for a while... It actually still gets a lot of compliments.

I loved the 5th Gen Camaro when it came out. I expected a watered down production version but was glad to see it had all the looks of what I had seen in early pictures. Very cool but I wasn't in a position to buy. I'm sure the people who had them early experienced the same thing I did in 05.

I waited patiently for the 6th Gen Mustang. When I finally saw it, I was underwhelmed by the looks... It looked wider and lower and that should have been a good thing. I should have liked it, but just didn't warm to it. Didn't really like the look of the front, or the back, or the side for that matter.

Read every review and watched every YT vid of the 16 Camaro and was sold. Took one for a test drive. Searched in vain and couldn't find one optioned the way I wanted no matter what the distance, so I placed an order about 6 weeks ago. My dealer said it should come in next week or the week after. Really looking forward to it.

I've been whiling away the hours lurking and reading here and thought I would say hello.

2017 2SS 6M in Hyper Blue, black wheels, grey interior, nav, NPP, sunroof, MRC

That one test drive got me and handful of others.. It's one thing to hear reviews, youtube videos, etc. about the 6th Gen Camaro but test driving it is what seals the deal.

Congrats!!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
I wasn't waiting patiently, but as a sideline spectator that enjoyed his daughter's '11 5.0 on a few occasions I was interested. Wider, lower, and most importantly bigger (in appearance anyway), I was also underwhelmed and never warmed to it. Reminded me more of a older 7-series BMW. Too big to have any fun factor left, and with awkward design cues.

Quote:
Read every review and watched every YT vid of the 16 Camaro and was sold.
Same here. New car time came and one Thursday night became '16 SS video night and we were sold. The test drive only sealed the deal.

When the Challenger release was announced we were waiting impatiently and were totally disappointed the narrow, tall styling and mediocre performance that would have been blown away by our old '73 pro-touring style (before pro-touring existed) 360 Challenger. I've been leaning towards the Camaro ever since.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #8
wardog

Drives: 05 Mustang GT - 2017 SS on order
Thanks for the all welcomes! The wait is killing me...
wardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I had an 05gt convertible. The 05 Mustang. The car that restarted the HP wars with only 300HP to boot.

Welcome!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:02 PM   #10
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
cars

I got rid of my 2015 Mustang GT. My new Camaro killed it!
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:48 AM   #11
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by n813ca View Post
I got rid of my 2015 Mustang GT. My new Camaro killed it!

Add me to that list too! lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote