Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #29
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
For a base model maybe. If you get a loaded out 2ss, My money is on the mid 50's.
There's no way a fully loaded 2ss will be in the mid 50's. That would be $10000 more then a 2015. That would be a huge fail. I have every option on my 2013 2ss convertible and msrp was under 48k.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #30
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I think the basic difference between the 1SS and 2SS will be cloth and leather with heated and cooled seats.

All Camaros will now have dual zone climate control with the center vent trim rings the temperature adjustments. All Camaros will have cruise, tilt, power windows/locks/mirrors with one-touch windows. All Camaros will have rear defrost, power trunk release, automatic headlamps, bluetooth.

That leaves very little to differentiate between trim levels outside of whether you want cloth or leather heated/cooled seats.

If you are looking at the T-4 or V6 you would have to decide if you want the RS package, but if you get either SS that's nothing to worry about. Moonroof. That's about it.

I honestly can't see where there will be many pick and choose options for this car. Mooroof, RS package on the LS and LT, magnetic ride control on the SS, and the fancy lighting system on the SS.
My guess:

1SS: Same as 2LT minus leather. Includes new rear tail lights, dual 8" screens and the obvious body styling and engine.

2SS: heated/cooled seats, custom interior lighting, Camera pack, trim badging(door sill), leather seats, dual 8" screens ( console and gauges), heads up display, vision pack, arm rest wireless phone charger.

Options:
MRC, RS package, rim options, possible upgraded suspension (non MRC), Blackout package...

I am sure I am.missing a lot, but overall I doubt they will offer many options on day 1 ordering. I am sure post 6mo the release you will start to see other options. Just like the 2010 release and the Vette releases.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #31
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
For a base model maybe. If you get a loaded out 2ss, My money is on the mid 50's.
That is what I am afraid of. $50k for a Camaro is kinda nuts when you think about it. I wish they had a stripped down model that basically just gives you the LT1 engine and dual mode exhaust. That is all I really want out of a Camaro. If I wanted all those luxury creature comforts I would just get a luxury car like an ATS, or make the switch to a base C7 stingray. I currently have a 2013 2SS 1le with nav and sunroof. I only bought it loaded up because the dealer let it go for $37.5k, which was basically the same price if I custom ordered a 1SS, 1LE with dual mode exhaust.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #32
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

2SS should start at $38-40K I would assume fully loaded with delivery charge on a day one order car maybe $48k.

Keep in mind us early adopters probably will not have the entire suite of options to order from.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #33
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
That is what I am afraid of. $50k for a Camaro is kinda nuts when you think about it. I wish they had a stripped down model that basically just gives you the LT1 engine and dual mode exhaust. That is all I really want out of a Camaro. If I wanted all those luxury creature comforts I would just get a luxury car like an ATS, or make the switch to a base C7 stingray. I currently have a 2013 2SS 1le with nav and sunroof. I only bought it loaded up because the dealer let it go for $37.5k, which was basically the same price if I custom ordered a 1SS, 1LE with dual mode exhaust.
The performance and handling that the Camaro SS has is really just shy of a Corvette Stingray. The features you're getting on 2SS are right up there with a BMW now. A Camaro 2SS could really go right at a BMW 435i with the M-Sport package. So while it sounds nuts that a Chevy Camaro could hit $50k, it's now in higher ground. Not long ago a top of the line Camaro Z28 SS still had a manual passenger seat, no heated or cooled seats, no automatic headlamps, stick mast radio antenna, and no stability control when a BMW did have those things. There's demand for those features now but you need to pay for them.

Either way I'm just getting a 1SS with a moonroof. And I may purchase the illuminated door sills and install them myself if they're not standard.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #34
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
My guess:

1SS: Same as 2LT minus leather. Includes new rear tail lights, dual 8" screens and the obvious body styling and engine.

2SS: heated/cooled seats, custom interior lighting, Camera pack, trim badging(door sill), leather seats, dual 8" screens ( console and gauges), heads up display, vision pack, arm rest wireless phone charger.

Options:
MRC, RS package, rim options, possible upgraded suspension (non MRC), Blackout package...

I am sure I am.missing a lot, but overall I doubt they will offer many options on day 1 ordering. I am sure post 6mo the release you will start to see other options. Just like the 2010 release and the Vette releases.
No, this isn't even close. There is no RS option for the SS. The 1SS has HUD, vision pack, wireless phone charger. The 1LT has all of this too, except for HUD. Custom interior lighting is an option on both LT's and both SS's.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #35
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
No, this isn't even close. There is no RS option for the SS. The 1SS has HUD, vision pack, wireless phone charger. The 1LT has all of this too, except for HUD. Custom interior lighting is an option on both LT's and both SS's.
So essentially the only reason to get the "2" trim in either LT or SS is to get leather and heated/cooled seats.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #36
Bassment

Quote:
So essentially the only reason to get the "2" trim in either LT or SS is to get leather and heated/cooled seats.
No, the dual 8" screens will likely only be in the "2" trim. I think the lower trim might only have a 7", and only 1 screen. HUD is in the 2LT, 1SS, and 2SS, not the 1LT. 1SS and 1LT have the basic audio, 2SS and 2LT have premium bose audio with upraded speakers, sub and amplifier. 1LT and 1SS probably won't have power mirrors, auto dimming, random small stuff like that. Like you said you get leather and heated/cooled seats with the "2" trim.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #37
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Maybe the 2ss will have mag ride.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:12 PM   #38
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
The performance and handling that the Camaro SS has is really just shy of a Corvette Stingray. The features you're getting on 2SS are right up there with a BMW now. A Camaro 2SS could really go right at a BMW 435i with the M-Sport package. So while it sounds nuts that a Chevy Camaro could hit $50k, it's now in higher ground. Not long ago a top of the line Camaro Z28 SS still had a manual passenger seat, no heated or cooled seats, no automatic headlamps, stick mast radio antenna, and no stability control when a BMW did have those things. There's demand for those features now but you need to pay for them.

Either way I'm just getting a 1SS with a moonroof. And I may purchase the illuminated door sills and install them myself if they're not standard.
I agree. I just hope they keep these cars affordable. Once you get over that $35k range you it becomes a stretch for a lot of folks who love a V8 Camaro.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #39
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
No, the dual 8" screens will likely only be in the "2" trim. I think the lower trim might only have a 7", and only 1 screen. HUD is in the 2LT, 1SS, and 2SS, not the 1LT. 1SS and 1LT have the basic audio, 2SS and 2LT have premium bose audio with upraded speakers, sub and amplifier. 1LT and 1SS probably won't have power mirrors, auto dimming, random small stuff like that. Like you said you get leather and heated/cooled seats with the "2" trim.
I think you're off a bit as well.

The current 1LT has power mirrors, auto dimming and stuff like that... already.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #40
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The 1ss and 2ss will start at no more than 2-3 k from where they are now. Currently 1ss manual is $33,505 pre dest. 2ss $37,305 pre dest.

Base 1ss should start around ~35 pre destination. 2ss around ~39 pre destination. I would think worst case scenario 35,995 starting 1ss. 39,995 starting 2ss. Pre dest.
Any more than that and it is overpriced for the market.

If gm offers a bunch of options etc that can get the price to 50 I don't get why that's a big deal ?
I thought people wanted more options/ customization etc? That doesn't mean a 2ss with sun roof , extra cost 3000 bucks 21 inch rims. Dealer added on this and that. Who cares? Mustang gt gets to around 50k if you max it out also. I'm so tired of hearing this stuff. Same goes for a gt350 that starts at 50k and costs you 7 grand to get any options. And you can't even get one they are making 130 this year. It will be limited production next year also.
The comparisons are asinine.

Work from the base price and go up realistically. In the end the car will be within a few k of last year or gm lost their minds. They have never increased the price more than a few k in one year base ss to base ss z28 whatever. Base to base it has always been within a few thousand of the mustang as well. I guess it could change but they would have to be crazy.

It will be priced competitively ( as they have stated several times) quit listening to what the mustang camp hopes is the last saving grace... An Over priced ss.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 06-06-2015 at 07:12 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #41
Bassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I think you're off a bit as well.

The current 1LT has power mirrors, auto dimming and stuff like that... already.
I meant heated mirrors, not powered. And the 1LT doesn't have auto dimming.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #42
fastball
Banned

Quote:
I meant heated mirrors, not powered. And the 1LT doesn't have auto dimming.
If they all have dual zone climate control they'll all have heated mirrors. Look at every car today that has dual zone climate control. They all have heated mirrors.