#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
1LE

So we've heard "near 1LE performance" which means the base SS will put down some good numbers. It's not clear if this is with our without MR shocks.

So what becomes of the 1LE? We know that the current Gen5 1LE gave the 2015 Mustang with Track Pack a real run in comparisons. And now we have a new Camaro weighing 200 pounds less with 25 more HP, give or take. Basically a very formidable track weapon.

So what will we have for a 1LE? Will there be a 1LE?

Thoughts?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
The 1LE may have become redundant if the SS is as quick as they say. With MR you'll get the best of both worlds, NVH of a daily driver, twist a knob, flat cornering of a 1LE.

Maybe put light, manual adjusted hip hugger seats in (Recaro), along with fat sticky tires and a few other lightening goodies and call it 1LE.....
Old 05-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
What we heard was, "faster lap times" than 2015 1LE.

I think you'll see the Z/28 spool valve dampers "trickle down" to the 1LE which will be even more track focused than before. And how about a V6 1LE?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Perhaps for 2017 the 1le will offer small aero improvements, wider tires and wheels and bigger sway bars. More gear possibly as well.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So we've heard "near 1LE performance" which means the base SS will put down some good numbers. It's not clear if this is with our without MR shocks.

So what becomes of the 1LE? We know that the current Gen5 1LE gave the 2015 Mustang with Track Pack a real run in comparisons. And now we have a new Camaro weighing 200 pounds less with 25 more HP, give or take. Basically a very formidable track weapon.

So what will we have for a 1LE? Will there be a 1LE?

Thoughts?
I tried bringing up the subject in other threads without much response. I think for 2018, after a convertible is released, we may see a 1LE with stiffer springs, MRC, and bigger rotors/calipers, black hood and appearance package, maybe a few other things. I hope it's not a hugely expensive option that forces you into a FI engine or something.

Oh, and the TheFAIL is recruiting!

Quote:
Number 3 buckling was a shock as was the moderators openly condemning the car. There are a handful of members in that thread that need to represent the Camaro here. I have a feeling we will see Bhobbs pretty soon. He is a straight shooter and a logical thinker as well as a decent writer. His endless speculation and ability to connect the dots makes him appear very intelligent. He's the kind of guy that sits and thinks about this stuff all day.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...postcount=1105

...kind of a compliment, I guess. So, when are you guys switching sides?!?!
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #6
shakooza

Drives: Car
The 1le was based upon the parts bin of the ZL1...I'm wondering if history won't repeat itself.

I'm kind of excited that the base SS has 1le lap times..The 1le tires are true performance summer tires that last 10-12k. The fact we can get near performance on less aggressive tires with three or even four seasons viability, while extending tread life, is great news.
shakooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Keep in mind there is a following that would have had the 1LE be the Z/28 and simply a 1LE with the LS7 might have made many people severely happy.

They just went full on WMD for the Z/28. Sets a high bar for the Gen 6.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #8
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Since the SS will offer such good track performance, I would like to see the 1LE go even more hardcore. Still be a coupe/manual only car but with a stripped interior, 6 front, 4 rear piston Brembos, 2 piece rotors, good hydraulic dampers, upgraded wheels and tires, full aero. Maybe the dry sump LT1.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #9
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Since the SS will offer such good track performance, I would like to see the 1LE go even more hardcore. Still be a coupe/manual only car but with a stripped interior, 6 front, 4 rear piston Brembos, 2 piece rotors, good hydraulic dampers, upgraded wheels and tires, full aero. Maybe the dry sump LT1.
I would only add the close ratio transmission and upgraded rear gears. I don't see why they wouldn't offer a 1LE. Just because the 2016 is so badass doesn't mean there's not room for improvement. Hopefully the sales of the fifth gen 1LE justifies it's return. It was definitely successful against it's competitors, some of whom are still playing catch up. **Cough** Mustang **Cough** As much as I love the 2016 Camaro SS it's not enough to make me trade right away. I'm interested to see how much better the lap times are than the current 1LE. If the package is still priced reasonably this time around count me in, and daggumit that blue better still be available with it.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #10
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I wonder if they show off a 1LE or equivalent package closer to launch and make it available for 2016.. Larger brakes, tires, stiffer suspension, etc.. Or do they wait until 2017?

So much butthurt on Mustang forum especially from Pill. Fun to read. So, the base SS 13.6 (4 piston) rotors in the front and 13.3 (4 piston) in the rear are way undersized, but Mustang GT base 13.9 (4 piston) fronts and 13 (1 piston) in rear are AHHMAZING. LAWLZ
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I would only add the close ratio transmission and upgraded rear gears. I don't see why they wouldn't offer a 1LE. Just because the 2016 is so badass doesn't mean there's not room for improvement. Hopefully the sales of the fifth gen 1LE justifies it's return. It was definitely successful against it's competitors, some of whom are still playing catch up. **Cough** Mustang **Cough** As much as I love the 2016 Camaro SS it's not enough to make me trade right away. I'm interested to see how much better the lap times are than the current 1LE. If the package is still priced reasonably this time around count me in, and daggumit that blue better still be available with it.
True, I forgot about the MM6. The stock rear gears are 3.73 so I wonder what they would go with for the 1LE. 3.91s again?

I can't wait to see how this car develops with such a good foundation.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #12
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I guess it probably makes sense that 1LE comes later if the SS with MRC will be a pretty good performer and all around car. They did say they'll release special models every year or something along those lines.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:07 PM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This sort of thing for the 1LE...doubt if it will be in the SS...(From the 10 things to look for thread)"

A Performance Data Recorder System

This one hasn’t been confirmed, but we have a strong hunch buyers will be able to enjoy at least a simplified version of the PDR system, seen on the C7 Corvette and V-series Cadillacs. The PDR system allows owners with the system to record their lap times and watch it with telemetry overlay displaying speed, RPM, G-readings and much more. It also doubles as a convenient dash cam. We think more than a few perspective Camaro owners would enjoy this technology....."

Rear seat delete...

Upgraded, heavy duty clutch....

Roll Cage integration....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #14
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
This sort of thing for the 1LE...doubt if it will be in the SS...(From the 10 things to look for thread)"

A Performance Data Recorder System

This one hasn’t been confirmed, but we have a strong hunch buyers will be able to enjoy at least a simplified version of the PDR system, seen on the C7 Corvette and V-series Cadillacs. The PDR system allows owners with the system to record their lap times and watch it with telemetry overlay displaying speed, RPM, G-readings and much more. It also doubles as a convenient dash cam. We think more than a few perspective Camaro owners would enjoy this technology....."

Rear seat delete...

Upgraded, heavy duty clutch....

Roll Cage integration....
While I would love to see your suggestions...I think the three you listed are a far cry from reality. They can't even incorporate tow hooks into their production "track-ready" SS!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote