Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #57
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
i hate how automakers come out with new cars tooo soon and too often the camaro just came out and there already going to change it? why would they not just do this in the first place....the 5th gen will have only been in production 5 years??

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #58
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
The 5th gen will have only been in production 5 years??
Generation 1 = 3 years
Generation 2 = 12 years
Generation 3 = 11 years
Generation 4 = 10 years

Yeah, Generation 5 should at least get a few more years.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #59
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
THIS REPORT IS COMPLETELY FALSE! Nothing but dying-auto-mag speculation to make news. I am not at liberty to tell you much (unfortunately), but 2014-2015 is waaaaaay too soon to throw away the Zeta-based Camaro for a brand new model.

Remember fellow enthusiasts.... every single vehicle gets what we call a "MCE", which means a Mid-Cycle Enhancement. This is done towards the middle-to-end of a vehicle's life cycle to keep it fresh and keep people interested in the model until the "brand-new" one arrives.

Even though GM has released the convertible, and soon the ZL1, there have been no "face-lifts" yet. The 2012 interior update is quite rare in this industry, but still is not a "facelift" per say. I would expect this MCE to debut at the time that the article suggests. But no way in hell would a brand new Camaro on a new platform be introduced that soon.

Auto journalists constantly speculate, based on illegal tips they receive from "insiders". When they dont have any news to report, they often make wild speculations. Think about how many times they've told you the next Corvette will be mid-engined. And how many times is it????? Yea.... thats what I thought. Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Dont let this "speculation" prevent you from buying a 5th-gen Camaro. Because the 6th-gen is plenty far out. IF anything, you can expect a revised 5th-gen within the next 3-5 years. Once that debuts.... THEN you can start making educated guesses about the 6th gen.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #60
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking

lol
Old 07-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #61
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
THIS REPORT IS COMPLETELY FALSE! Nothing but dying-auto-mag speculation to make news. I am not at liberty to tell you much (unfortunately), but 2014-2015 is waaaaaay too soon to throw away the Zeta-based Camaro for a brand new model.

Remember fellow enthusiasts.... every single vehicle gets what we call a "MCE", which means a Mid-Cycle Enhancement. This is done towards the middle-to-end of a vehicle's life cycle to keep it fresh and keep people interested in the model until the "brand-new" one arrives.

Even though GM has released the convertible, and soon the ZL1, there have been no "face-lifts" yet. The 2012 interior update is quite rare in this industry, but still is not a "facelift" per say. I would expect this MCE to debut at the time that the article suggests. But no way in hell would a brand new Camaro on a new platform be introduced that soon.

Auto journalists constantly speculate, based on illegal tips they receive from "insiders". When they dont have any news to report, they often make wild speculations. Think about how many times they've told you the next Corvette will be mid-engined. And how many times is it????? Yea.... thats what I thought. Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Dont let this "speculation" prevent you from buying a 5th-gen Camaro. Because the 6th-gen is plenty far out. IF anything, you can expect a revised 5th-gen within the next 3-5 years. Once that debuts.... THEN you can start making educated guesses about the 6th gen.
.........the admin did it

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #62
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Keep in mind that CAFE stands for Corporate Average Fuel Economy. Chevrolet has several models pulling the average up so there is plenty of room for some making a little less. 400+hp and 30+MPG is not real hard to do.
I agree. V6 Camaro is already at 30 MPG with 300HP. And the SS isn't all that far behind in MPG.

So why then, can you only get 30mpg in a Malibu with a 4 cylinder engine and 190 HP?

Quote:
Malibu: A totally new sedan, the 2013 Malibu is slated to go on sale in mid-2012 and will be sold more than 100 countries on six continents. The main powertrain for our shores will be a 2.5-liter inline-four with 190 hp, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The combo is said to return up to 30 mpg. First, though, Chevrolet will launch the Malibu Eco, the first Chevy to use GM’s new eAssist hybrid technology. As seen on Buick models, eAssist will help the Malibu Eco return up to 38 mpg on the highway. The Eco debuts in early 2012
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #63
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
Generation 1 = 3 years
Generation 2 = 12 years
Generation 3 = 11 years
Generation 4 = 10 years

Yeah, Generation 5 should at least get a few more years.
This isn't the 70s, 80s, and 90s anymore. The competition is moving and GM needs to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I agree. V6 Camaro is already at 30 MPG with 300HP. And the SS isn't all that far behind in MPG.

So why then, can you only get 30mpg in a Malibu with a 4 cylinder engine and 190 HP?

The report is wrong. The 2.5L will do at least 33 MPG, maybe more.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #64
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post

The DI really boosts mpg
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #65
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
and with CAFE standards of 37.5 mpg wonder whats going under the hood
Let's make sure we make decisions that allow people to reverse these draconian regulations.

We have CAFE standards that work at cross purposes with safety standards. Brilliant!

Reminds me of how they banned Mercury vapor streetlights to help reduce mercury in the environment and made Mercury Vapor CFLs mandatory inside the house to reduce carbon emissions by some unmeasurably miniscule amount!

Hooray!

The only good that can come out of this is to make the Camaro lighter. The current generation should really weigh the same as the mustang, but understandably there were some compromises.

With luck the 6th gen will have these compromises addressed.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #66
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Let's make sure we make decisions that allow people to reverse these draconian regulations.

And for all those saying...

I look forward to whatever is coming... we'll see how happy I am, when it gets here!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #67
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post

I'll betch ya Klondike Bar your wrong. All logic points to a 2015 Gen6.
1) New Mustang in 2014 - most important
2) CAFE standards
3) Alpha platform needing to share costs across other models
4) Global appeal to other markets
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #68
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
This isn't the 70s, 80s, and 90s anymore. The competition is moving and GM needs to as well.
Still, he's actually not far off the mark...

Challenger (basically just went through it's MCE) after 4 years..
Charger 6 years MCE
300 6 years
Mustang - 4 years MCE - model has been running since 2005 (almost 8 years)

There are several other cars that did it as well...but it's pretty close to what he's saying. The point is that nothing Ford or Chrysler is doing at this point is actually hurting the Camaro.

If anything, the boys at GM need to release a Z28 model, and perhaps a lil tweak of the motor to get some more power out of it..... but putting out a whole new model in year 5 of the current model would be in a lot of ways, a bad move....especially if they do nothing more than just bring out the ZL1 and call it a day...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #69
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
I wouldnt doubt that the 6th Gen comes out sooner than later. Who wants to buy a new car that has 10 year old styling. Might as well buy a 10 year old used car for cheaper. Also, car buyers today want innovation and as our cars become more technical than mechanical a model that is pressing 5 years old is beginning to become obsolete. I would rather see a 6th Gen sooner also so we don't see people becoming bored with Camaro styling as happened with the 4th Gen. I'm afraid the next time Camaro gets dropped from the line up we wont see it again.
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #70
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
I'll betch ya Klondike Bar your wrong. All logic points to a 2015 Gen6.
1) New Mustang in 2014 - most important
2) CAFE standards
3) Alpha platform needing to share costs across other models
4) Global appeal to other markets
REALLY? I find that hilarious, considering I left my job @ GM Design 2 months ago

Think about this...
1) MCE (Mid-Cycle Enhancements) aka "Facelifts" come a few years before brand new models.
2) GM still needs to market the new "C7" Corvette when they decide to release it. So far that is speculated to be around 2013-2014. They will not come out with both the next-gen Corvette and next-gen Camaro at the same time, as to give the Corvette the proper limelight.
3) ***** CLASSIFIED *****
4) ***** CLASSIFIED *****

As much as I'd love to share other details with you, I am contractually obligated not to do so. But just know that these vehicles take YEARS of development. And YEARS of sales to re-coup the hundreds of millions of investment dollars. Frankly, throwing away a Zeta-based Camaro after only 5 years just makes no business sense.

Hows that logic for ya? I'll PM you the address for that Klondike Bar LOL

Either way, I'm in no rush for a 6th-gen Camaro. The 5th-gen is still whoopin ass in the market place, and I'm still LOVING mine!