Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #253
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
I would first like to address that I did a quick search before posting and I didn't see any back-handed compliment threads. I figured I would start one. Every week at local car shows I run into somebody or hear someone making a back-handed compliment.

One time I am wiping the bugs off the front of my car when a fella walks up to me and says "hey buddy how come you didn't get an old Camaro" I say "because I wanted this Camaro" to which he replies "everybody has one of these Camaro. I must have seen 5 Camaro's that look exactly like yours on the way here today".

Just off the topic.. If you put a light coat of cooking oil in front that will clean of bugs easily
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #254
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
I got peace signs flashing at me from the tuner cars groups at walmart car meet whenever i drove by. they are cool with me
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #255
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Guy came up when I was going to Starbucks and said : I hate these new Camaros. The first generation had streamlined pointed front ends, no like the flat ones on these. Obviously, he never saw a first gen Camaro.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #256
CMYarb

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
The guy checking ids on base looked down and said "those are some colorful wheels" kinda snidely, as he checked my id. My wheels are stock painted black and red. Colorful was kinda the point...
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #257
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
i just say "ya crazy things happen when you do something with your life other than pot"

pay for every penny of my 1LE, as well as i payed for all of my 02 35th SLP SS when i was 18-19.

(payments mind you, but in my name not parents)
Similar response. I tell them that's what no kids or drugs will do.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #258
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
I was putting on a car show a couple weeks ago. After I got it all set up I drove my car off to get it washed. There was a bunch of college kids watched me drive off. When I cam back one came up from the group that had a bunch of Subarus and civics and said "Your exhaust sounds like crap its way too quite". I was like "really I have long tubes its pretty loud to me!"

We continued my car show and we had the loudest exhaust competition. The loudest car thus far was 118DB and he was bragging it up, but 6 other cars were around that 115 - 110. I was last and had a DB reading of 126 blowing everyone out of the water with my corsa and long tubes. After that everyone gathered next to my car to look at what I had in it when before they were like meh.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #259
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
To be honest in the 2 1/2 weeks since owning my Camaro I have only gotten looks while driving. Funny enough my buddy who is a mopar guy and car building/fixer loved my V6, even said that's enough power you don't need a V8 unless you are gonna race. Which I agree.

We are all Camaro owners, some are better performance wise, some are better economy wise, some are better looking wise.. Whatever, who cares. You bought what you bought and that's that. People are proud of their cars, I know I am. I love looking at my car and driving my car. Do I wish I got some upgrades now that I have been reading this forum non stop, yes, would I have liked a V8 SS, no. I don't need one, and I can tell by how fast my V6 is I would be getting pulled over left and right if I did have a V8. So I am not a V8 guy, which leaves me with my 2LS V6. Maybe in a couple years I will upgrade to the 2LT RS but for now If I get any static about having a V6 or Non RS....whatever I really don't care.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #260
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Got a good one here... An old head caught me by the cleaners, and ask was that the new Camry. I just gave him the "WTF" face . Lol ! I started to give a smart ass response but I remember my mom always say respect the elders. Lol !
Tell him "Yup. It's a Camry SS with 14 cylinders."
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #261
savage4625

Drives: 2010 camaro ss a6
let em read the plate
Attached Images

savage4625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #262
Phillyone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Silver/Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
There is some saying about going to PA, don't remember if it's Pitt, Philly or both is good way to get your ass whopped. Something about the city of brotherly love. Don't know where you are in relation.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you stating that if you go to Philly you automatically get your ass beat? Lol

Purchased August 2013
Phillyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #263
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
During my enlisted years, I was in the 101st Airborne Division. Whenever someone saw that Screaming Eagle patch, they would always have something to say. Sometimes they said something nice, sometimes they said something negative (mostly unit rivalry type stuff, etc.) but they always said something. I have been in a lot of other units in the last two decades and I never get that type of commentary for any other unit patch. That is just respect for the unit in my book. The 101st is a unit worth saying something about.

To me, that is the same thing you see with a Camaro. They may say something nice, or they may say something negative, but they always say something!
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #264
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
To me, that is the same thing you see with a Camaro. They may say something nice, or they may say something negative, but they always say something!
True. I get lots of comments -- good and bad. Just today the guy winterizing my sprinkler system points to my car and said that the Camaro is nice but it is slow and he beats them all the time. Of course throughout the conversation he mentioned that he did not drag race and did not condone racing someone on the street, so I am not sure where he "beat" all those Camaros. Anyway, I thought it was unwise for an employee to say something negative to a customer. There are a lot of sprinkler companies to chose from next year.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #265
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
"Why did you get that ugly a$$ yellow color like BumbleBee???"
(yellow was actually not my first choice but the price was right and the options were perfect. I've learned to love it.)

"You know you'll never get consistent 1/4 mile times with that manual?"

"It's too soon to have a mid-life crisis."

"Cool car, small dick."

And in the last few days- "Jesus CHRIST why is that thing so loud? You're an a$$hole!"

Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #266
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
I had a guy who I guess thinks of himself as really cool said: "Oh, did you get that car to be ironic?"

He drives a bmw and I replied something to the effect of: "No I got it because it kicks a$$"
I didn't want to be too rude because I have to see this guy a lot (my daughter's friend's dad) and because I don't really care what he thinks but I would have enjoyed saying something more like: "I got it because it will leave your car in the dust"
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote