Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #183
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I seriously doubt that Ford is going to let the Mustang gain weight... IRS doesn't automatically mean it will be a heavier car. It's pretty much a given that the car is going to be shrunk down a bit (and that alone will help with weight), will it be 100, 200, 300, 400 pounds? Only the engineers know but I'm sure they will make it stiffer too. I seriously doubt it will be anymore than 300 across the board though. The word is that it is going to be on a S197 2.0, so they just have to improve on the current chassis which after 10 years you can pretty much ensure they know what to fix...

I seriously doubt that the 6th Gen Camaro will be significantly lighter than the 5th Gen Mustang. The V6 ATS is within 100lb's of the current Mustang so possibly 50-100 LBS's less for the Camaro (just guessing)...

It's more than anything with the next gen's going to come down to a few things:
1. Fanboyism/Brand Loyalty
2. Which Car is Personally Better Looking/Fits the Buyer Better (Subjective Obviously)
3. Which is Cheaper
In our conversation, I think both myself and tsnow was assuming both cars would loose some weight. But if it gains an IRS, the Mustang will undoubtedly loose less than what it could if they stayed with a SRA. So, by extension...I think all three of us agree with the probability that both cars could weigh within a hundred pounds or two of each other.

I would alter your list, though...just a little:

1. Brand Loyalty
2. Design/Emotional connection
3. Value
7. Cost.

I do that only because sales seem indicate that people who have no brand loyalty (and even some who do) would rather buy the more expensive vehicle (Camaro), even without incentives, for one reason or another...I believe that reason to be entirely related to the design and feel of the car when driving.

If Chevy does a good job again, like they did with this car...cost will have less to do with it than we all would tend to think it does.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #184
cwatson6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - Red Hot
Higher roofline would be nice.
cwatson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #185
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatson6 View Post
Higher roofline would be nice.
A higher roofline? Or more headroom?

One can ruin the look of the car...the other can make you more comfortable...
Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #186
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
1. LCD gauge cluster
2. ~3500 lb target weight
3. Steering wheel - smaller, race inspired, natural hand position at 9 and 3.
4. More headroom!
5. Exhaust sound. I should make people drool.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #187
CamaroSSpence

Drives: 2012 SS/RS 45th
Put the Z06 in the base SS
More durable paint
I have a sun roof - I wish I had more head room for my helmet. When making laps at the track I have to put my seat into a really strange position. I am certain that makes my laps inconsistent. If I had known, I would not have gotten a sunroof.
Lose about 350lbs?
I like the looks, don't mind the rear view, gun slit side windows work for me, the lighting is great, and I only have to deal with my passengers complaints about the visors - I own sunglasses!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #188
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
In our conversation, I think both myself and tsnow was assuming both cars would loose some weight. But if it gains an IRS, the Mustang will undoubtedly loose less than what it could if they stayed with a SRA. So, by extension...I think all three of us agree with the probability that both cars could weigh within a hundred pounds or two of each other.

I would alter your list, though...just a little:

1. Brand Loyalty
2. Design/Emotional connection
3. Value
7. Cost.

I do that only because sales seem indicate that people who have no brand loyalty (and even some who do) would rather buy the more expensive vehicle (Camaro), even without incentives, for one reason or another...I believe that reason to be entirely related to the design and feel of the car when driving.

If Chevy does a good job again, like they did with this car...cost will have less to do with it than we all would tend to think it does.
Agreed
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #189
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Better seats like ctsV seats,
Armrests that you can actually rest your arm on both doors and center console.
Better DiC features, g meter, 1/4 mile time, lap timer, etc
Durable paint
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #190
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
weight reduction. better seats that have more support(CTS-V seats are sex) 7L as the base SS motor, much better paint ( THIS PAINT IS DOLLAR STORE TERRIBLE ) Dont care about wheels and grill and little accessories, I plan to change all of those. and the 2010 steering wheel is much nicer than the one in my 13.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #191
Chevy_Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6A
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Yea that too. All V8 models get 2mpg (the environment can suck it.), and the V6 models get 50mpg (the environment can suck it again.), and the turbo 4cyl can run on anything from premium to motor oil, getting 200mpg. (the environment can suck it two times!)

Uuuuuhhh oookay buddy. I drive 130km/h normally and I can still EASILY get anywhere from 9.5-11litres/100km most of the time. Thats 21-24mpg US. That's phenomenal for a 6.2 litre engine in a 3850lb car.
Chevy_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #192
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
1. Less weight (all models)
2. Blind spot monitors
3. Front parking sensors (ZL1)
4. Option for an upgraded audio
5. Better visibility (without styling compromises - I know...)
6. Twin turbo or Supercharger options (ZL1)
7. Maintain the Magnetic ride suspension on the ZL1 (outstanding)
8. Improve the center console (too much plastic)
9. Sun visors with extensions
10. Custom paint options (ZL1)
11. Exterior trim options (i.e. carbon fiber accents)
12. Some how find a way to match the exception style of the 5th gen (tall order)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #193
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
This is a hard one, I love the 5th Gen styling and power...just not the weight. I hope with the new alpha platform, weight won't be an issue. The 6th Gen should be more evolutionary and not revolutionary. Same styling, but more futuristic in mind. Power is always a plus, not necessarily to outdo the GT500, but something with power and control. I favor the road racer style more than the stop light to stop light mentality. I really like the 2015 Camaro render from Camaro Performers.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #194
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
6TH GEN CAMARO:

I had or rather still have a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, so obviously, whatever I have to suggest is from a 2010's perspective. If I mention something that is already out in a later model, then please do excuse my ignorance.

Here we go:

- Like the Corvette, give the Camaro its own identity. Subtle 'bowtie' touches are fine, however not like it is on the Camaro. Everyone knows a Camaro is a Chevy, like they do with the Vettes. Lets lose some of the bowies. Not all, just some. Perhaps the old school badges, "Camaro by Chevrolet".

- I agree with everyone else here, the paint is way too weak. Sometimes I feel I could walk past my car without even touching it and I could have very well left some scratches on the paint work.

- The ride height indeed can be lowered

- Vehicle needs a weight loss program.

- Vehicle needs nicer seats. In the sense something that is comfortable as is now, however also something that will hold you in place while cornering, rather than being flung against the door or passenger during the cornering.

- Magnetic ride like the CTS-V, ZR1, ZL1 and 1LE.

- A slightly bigger block, perhaps a 6.4L, 480HP-490HP (Might as well just round it off to 500HP!! )

- Tilting mirrors while vehicle is in reverse.

- A softer clutch pedal. I can't hold mine pushed in for more than 2-3 minutes. The pedal just springs back up!! My friend's Shelby, I can sit AAALLLLL day long with my foot rested on his clutch pedal and I wouldn't even twitch a muscle.

- Avoid cheap HOLLOW plastic on the interior, especially around the dash board. More quality material may be used like leather, aluminum and carbon fiber.

- I've grown used to it now but could seriously do with a new and improved design that attends to the "inside-out" visibility aspect of things.

- Include a 7"-8" screen head-unit with navigation, reverse camera and so on and so forth.

- I know the 2011's onward have HUD but since I don't because I was an earlier model, HUD would be nice right from the start.

- A dual clutch transmission for the automatic transmissions would be a first for an American car I imagine.

- Must retain the halo lights even in the 6th generation.

- Wider but lighter weight wheels.

- The car has a decent sized boot, but the access to it is ridiculously small. The access to the boot must be made bigger.

- Could also do with lane change assist and blind spot warnings.

- A nicer exhaust note with dual mode valves. It should sound something like what the new Corvette C7.

And that's all I can say from the top of my head... let's see what all we get to see in the 6th GEN CAMAROS!!!

Last edited by Ajmalian; 01-26-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #195
ayceman

Drives: 2007 Dodge Charger SXT, 2010 2SS
Here is my list after having my 2010 2SS for a few years
GM supported performance parts and calibrations like ford does with their FRPP performance packs. Including a calibration that kills AFM
Track Pack or 1LE option from the start of production
Mag ride control option on SS or Z28
HUD with performance information (1/4,0-60,g's) on all Models with HUD
Better Paint, Dual Mode exhaust option on all models from the start
Recaro Seats, Slotted rotors included on a 1LE like package.
Less weight and also better visibility
ayceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #196
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
As a Disciple I can take all of this to the Camaro Team... some are possible, some are not. You add goodies, you add weight, everything is give & take. They will ask...are you willing to pay the price?

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation