Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-30-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
Video; SS1lE held up by arrogant C8 driver

Hi Guys, i do not know if this ever happened to you, but watch how bad this C8 blocked me at Sebring. Has this happened to any of you Track Guys, show some videos
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:26 AM   #2
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I see a driver who is afraid to corner at higher speeds, but is beating you on the straights. I don't see any 'blocking' I do see him wave you by at about 3/4s through the vid (with his blinker'.

Seems suspect to me, like the video where you 'beat' the two Mustangs that can be seen waving for you to pass them.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 07:54 AM   #3
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I see a driver who is afraid to corner at higher speeds, but is beating you on the straights. I don't see any 'blocking' I do see him wave you by at about 3/4s through the vid (with his blinker'.

Seems suspect to me, like the video where you 'beat' the two Mustangs that can be seen waving for you to pass them.
Have you ever driven in HPDEs before, you are supposed to let faster cars by. Just because he was faster in a straight line does not mean he is faster per lap. I was 2-3 seconds a lap faster then him, once he let me by, after a half a lap, he was not even in my mirror any more.
If he was not blocking me. Why did he get reprimanded by the event organizers?

BTW I never said I beat the Mustangs I said I schooled them, I was faster, so they pointed me by. Then they followed me to learn the lines, very simple
Old 02-01-2022, 06:18 AM   #4
dsheffer46

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
He might have not saw you, collar may have been popped on his jean jacket...
dsheffer46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:54 AM   #5
TraderGuy

Drives: Audi TT-RS
Yes, the C8 driver should have let you by sooner. 100K car, new driver, we don't know. Arrogance, maybe... It's HPDE, not a race.

Your posts and videos of being held up and "schooling" drivers could be considered arrogance, or showing off, as well.

Have fun out there.
TraderGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:35 PM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderGuy View Post
Yes, the C8 driver should have let you by sooner. 100K car, new driver, we don't know. Arrogance, maybe... It's HPDE, not a race.

Your posts and videos of being held up and "schooling" drivers could be considered arrogance, or showing off, as well.

Have fun out there.
Yea chances are he was just oblivious, probably so focused on the track ahead of him that he forgot there's also cars behind him I've seen it happen MANY times....

As for the rest I kinda have to agree.... "schooling" people in an HPDE is pretty laughable, for all we know they were just cruising around then decided to stick with you for the fun of it after they pointed you by. You never know how skilled other drivers are and/or how hard they are really driving in an HPDE group (unless you know them personally of course) so posting this kind of stuff can tend to make you look just as bad if not worse than the other guys... HPDE is for fun, don't take it (or yourself) too seriously haha
Old 02-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #7
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderGuy View Post

Have fun out there.
He was not a new driver, he tracks a lot, was in advanced group, he got reprimanded after the session. Apparently he did the same to few other drivers.

My videos are supposed to be entertaining, showing what a great car the 1LE is, and with a decent driver, this car really can be faster, then a lot of very expensive cars. So don’t look too deep into it, just having fun

You also have fun, on the track!!
Old 02-02-2022, 02:02 PM   #8
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
His lines werent good. He was turning in way too early at the end of the back straightaway. I agree he shouldve let you by the first time on the pit straight.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #9
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
His lines werent good. He was turning in way too early at the end of the back straightaway. I agree he shouldve let you by the first time on the pit straight.
You are 100% correct, and that would have been a perfect place to do a point by
Thx for your input
Old 02-07-2022, 07:11 PM   #10
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I was thinking "C8 driver" and "arrogant" were redundant.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #11
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
Bringing a competitive mindset to an HPDE is a foul. You spent several laps getting frustrated that you didn't get a point-by.

You would have had a better experience simply driving through pit lane, taking a deep breath, and getting back out there on the opposite side of the track as him. In fact, if you really are a better driver, that would be the expectation, to give him the grace a novice might need on track in those situations.

That would have also given you the opportunity to inform the event staff so they could see for themselves, rather than having to arbitrate two stories after the session is over.
2021 F150 Powerboost (on order)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:50 PM   #12
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
What are the passing rules for this particular run group? I know the advanced run groups with my HPDE outfit passing is OPEN. Maybe with your skill level and car set-up you should move up a notch or two. First time I've ever seen "blinker" passing courtesy. Don't like that. Get that hand out and give me "the finger". Blinker on, I think you're coming over! If that guy has run numerous days with instruction he and his instructor just need to revisit the basics. Got to admit that C8 looks damn good!
Old 02-08-2022, 07:53 PM   #13
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheffer46 View Post
He might have not saw you, collar may have been popped on his jean jacket...
Members Only coat.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:46 PM   #14
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
What are the passing rules for this particular run group? I know the advanced run groups with my HPDE outfit passing is OPEN. Maybe with your skill level and car set-up you should move up a notch or two. First time I've ever seen "blinker" passing courtesy. Don't like that. Get that hand out and give me "the finger". Blinker on, I think you're coming over! If that guy has run numerous days with instruction he and his instructor just need to revisit the basics. Got to admit that C8 looks damn good!
It was advanced group, with HOD, mandatory point bys, or blinker in every group. I can not run on any higher group, because there is none. I heard this guy got reprimanded after that session, apparently he was doing what he did to me, to other drivers