Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Camaro6Dave
LATENIGHTWDAVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating

Where is a good place to get paint correction and ceramic coating done in Los Angeles, preferably near the South Bay.
Camaro6Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
not in south bay but sam at wicked detailing does my camaro and alot of our local guys cars great guy and good pricing!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
Camaro6Dave
LATENIGHTWDAVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
I have heard of Wicked Detailing, in Costa Mesa. Have you, or anyone you know, had paint correction and ceramic coating done by them? Do they make house calls, or how long does the car need to stay at the facility?
Camaro6Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
CaseyJones

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6M, '16 SS 6M
I'm in Costa Mesa as well. Let me know what you find.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

they have a shop and dont do house or office visits anymore but they did my camaro and it looks awesome but gotta go back for my yearly touchup soon!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Really looking to get some projection on the ZL1 wheels as they are kind of a PITA to clean. But, $400 and up for ceramic coating? Is that worth it?
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
Really looking to get some projection on the ZL1 wheels as they are kind of a PITA to clean. But, $400 and up for ceramic coating? Is that worth it?
My god don't pay anywhere near that , it'll cost you 100 bucks. You can do it yourself, I did a set of wheels this weekend. All you need to do is clean them very well and wipe on a coating.... wipe off.....you can't really polish wheels so all you need to do is get the surface virgin so the coating will stick. Alcohol will do that. Use something like gyeon mohs or Cquartzuk...

this whole coating thing is so overrated by detailers, but that's because they have to get the paint perfect. You don't do that with wheels, unless they're damaged.

That being said, if you don't track the car, you should change out the pads and just stop the generation of brake dust. Because otherwise you clean them, every couple miles.

Watch:

https://youtu.be/YUn4dgXsplw
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:07 PM   #8
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
My god don't pay anywhere near that , it'll cost you 100 bucks. You can do it yourself, I did a set of wheels this weekend. All you need to do is clean them very well and wipe on a coating.... wipe off.....you can't really polish wheels so all you need to do is get the surface virgin so the coating will stick. Alcohol will do that. Use something like gyeon mohs or Cquartzuk...

this whole coating thing is so overrated by detailers, but that's because they have to get the paint perfect. You don't do that with wheels, unless they're damaged.

That being said, if you don't track the car, you should change out the pads and just stop the generation of brake dust. Because otherwise you clean them, every couple miles.
Thanks for the information. I agree, just got my ZL1 addon lift points.. Time to put them to good use! (break dust is UNREAL, need to change them out until spring track time!!!)
Which product did you use? Would you use it again?
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #9
kropscamaro16

i have full car ceramic coated and wheels and also pads changed to z26 powestop and its night and day lol
Old 03-19-2018, 03:56 AM   #10
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
Thanks for the information. I agree, just got my ZL1 addon lift points.. Time to put them to good use! (break dust is UNREAL, need to change them out until spring track time!!!)
Which product did you use? Would you use it again?
1. consider joinging Headturners car club. Lot's of network benefits for the car

2. you shouldn't just add a ceramic coat, you should paint correct prior to adding a ceramic coating.

3. firstclassmobiledetail or wrap_legacy both do pain correction and ceramic coating. Both do a lot of Headturners vehicles, but also a lot of high end vehicles also. You can find them both on Instagram! We can meet up if you are in the LA area if you want to see what it looks like on a white Camaro up close.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #11
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I have a Garnet Red 2SS that I took to Yorba Linda Elite Auto Detailing which isn't a quick drive from the South Bay but they did a good Job. They did a paint correction, and two coat ceramic coating for me. I took it there on a Friday around noon, it was done the next day at closing 6:00 pm which surprised me, but they had 3 guys on it. Normally I follow Glen E's detail instructions because simply put. He's one of the best resources out here for auto detailing and his advise is not only very well researched, its free (Seriously Glen, thank you!). But I hurt my shoulder and after 6 months, it wasn't feeling any better and I wanted this done. Anyway, here is the link... My car off the lot had some really bad stains on the trunk that I couldn't see until I got it home. I have no idea what it was. I took it to the dealership 2 times and they never got it out. Elite Auto Detailing got it out, the car looks great and the issue hasn't returned after what has now been 4 months. Here is the link if anyone is interested... http://www.autodetailingyorbalindaca.com/
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote