Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
A8 shudder - glad to see

Glad to see the vote option for the transmission shudder is up again in the Ask Al section!

If you haven't voted...or voted last time....go vote now. Many would really like an answer on this.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521560

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 11:34 PM   #2
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
I can’t believe this is still an unresolved issue GM refuses to address. This along with the rear end groan so many have complained about.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
I previously voted no issues with my A8 but the shutter issue raised it's ugly head at 4000 miles. It has been resolved for now with trans flush and new fluid.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
Stig eh

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Jan 17 2018
had a little v8 tack variance and dealer said they could not replicate, this is garbage and GM would fix it with a AMF disabler

vote now and let us see what silly answer we get from GM stig eh
Stig eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #5
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Don't even waste your time. Topic should read, Ask AL the wordsmith!
He or the team will ramble on with BS and nothing will get done.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
I previously voted no issues with my A8 but the shutter issue raised it's ugly head at 4000 miles. It has been resolved for now with trans flush and new fluid.
Don't worry. It'll be back in a couple of weeks. The flush and fill is where mine started. We're now on the 3rd converter and the 2nd transmission.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
after the c7 corvette issues and the a8 shuttering issues I will be spending my hard earned money on a different brand next
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Added my vote now at 100
Old 02-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #9
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Gm is producing great cars but has let customers down with the A8 transmission with so many issues. I don't understand why they have not stepped up to address this issue.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I voted for it too, but I have almost zero confidence Al will be able to give us anything meaningful in his reply.

If he openly states there is an issue, its basically the same as GM admitting there is an issue, which will only cause more stir among A8 owners demanding a recall that GM may not even be planning to do.

He can't talk about the possibility of a fix coming, unless there really is one coming.

My guess...if he actually decided to respond to it, is that he will simply state that not all transmissions have the issue, and that if there are issues, that there are TSBs out there already to have "correct" the problems and that GM is doing everything they can to keep customers happy.

I have tons of respect for Al and I enjoy reading what he has to say, but my assumption is that his hands are tied on this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 02-26-2018 at 12:13 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #11
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I voted for it too, but I have almost zero confidence Al will be able to give us anything meaningful in his reply.

If he openly states there is an issue, its basically the same as GM admitting there is an issue, which will only cause more stir among A8 owners demanding a recall that GM may not even be planning to do.

He can't talk about the possibility of a fix coming, unless there really is one coming.

My guess...if he actually decided to respond to it, is that he will simply state that not at transmissions have the issue, and that if there are issues, that there are TSBs out there already to have "correct" the problems and that GM is doing everything they can to keep customers happy.

I have tons of respect for Al and I enjoy reading what he has to say, but my assumption is that his hands are tied on this one. Hope I'm wrong.
I can see this happening as well. Once the A10 is pushed in they'll likely phase out us A8 owners and wait til our warranties are finished.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #12
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

My guess...if he actually decided to respond to it, is that he will simply state that not all transmissions have the issue, and that if there are issues, that there are TSBs out there already to have "correct" the problems and that GM is doing everything they can to keep customers happy.

We can only know if we try. Since not all transmissions are affected, and let's be honest, this isn't a safety issue, a recall is unlikely and unwarranted anyway. Based on the depth of his responses so far, plus the time taken composing them, however, I am moderately hopeful
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #13
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

If we get a technical description of the cause and how the replacement part fixes it we can draw a conclusion.

What is causing the contamination that the flush is removing?
How does the new TC prevent future contamination?

I fear the answer is worn clutch introducing material. Flush cleans is up and new TC resets the clock.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #14
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I voted. My shuddering has ceased for the time being but RPM's still vary. A guy at work with a 2017 Colorado, same A8 transmission is experiencing the shuddering and slipping RPM now. It is a really big problem for GM. I never liked automatics to begin with and like them even less now. The manufacturers are making them too complicated with too many gears for desperate measures for fuel economy. It's too bad there are not many cars left made with M/T and even fewer trucks.

I'd trade my RS in for a M/T but after paying almost 37K to get 18-19K on a trade in just sucks so I am stuck with the car.