Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I'm in the camp that proper procedure matters MUCH more than the product. Whatever you have on the shelf use it up. Things changed when a product class ( not a specific mfr!) comes along like silicas, because they're a bit more durable, however the difference between that and the conventional polymer sealants is probably 10 to 15% in my opinion. What has changed in the last 3 to 4 years, is the ease of use of the products. Many more spray and wipe products that are just as good as five coats of waxes. Things are easier now. But not really a HUGE AMT better…Detailing can be a racket, you just don't need to buy too much stuff too often.

I personally have a bit of a problem with products that are only sold on their website, and not in the general stores like auto geek, autopia or detailing image. Just smacks to me to be more of a racket, like Zaino, f11 topcoat, etc I've never had a bad Adams product, used their machine sealant for a while, like their guard n' gloss.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #16
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Nothing wrong with Adam's products. They have a very solid line. What everyone else has pretty much said, the difference between different brands are not going to be VASTLY different. However, you will see some differences in usability and longevity.

I agree with Glen, you could spend months trying out everything there is (which i have done) or you could focus your time on getting the right procedures done which is going to yield much better results.

As far as maintaining, yes Adam's will be just fine. However Ech02 is an amazing product that can be used for many different applications. Also as a coating refresher every couple of months, CarPro Hydro2 or Gyeon Wet Coat is very effective. The ready to spray Gyeon Wet Coat is pretty affordable at about $18

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...436c0e373a3a60
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote