Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #729
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
I've been on the other forum...they absolutely have not been "hyping" it. None are going "wild", they are just happy to be caught up to the competition. Hell, the vast majority don't even feel the new found performance is worth the upgrade from their current S550.

So far, there has been only a handfull of documented runs (at the dragstrip)...ranging from 11.8X to 12.3. Nearly every camaro fan on here dismisses the 11.8X and 12.0X runs and jumps straight to the 12.3 and new edmunds 12.6. Why is that do you think?
Me personally, I've never dismissed any times that the Mustang guys have laid down. I'm actually impressed. It's the ledge you fanboys go to is what I personally laugh about. I mean seriously? A tune and tire and the GT is now a Zl1 killer?

And don't dismiss we are in Dec. It is HP weather. Just the past 2 weeks, 2 members laid down 11.8's in worse DA so. To me, the SS and GT are about on par with each other. I don't care, I have a Zl1. It's just the fkn nausea that comes from the Mustang side claiming this is the new holy grail. And honestly, it's just a $50k Camaro SS badged as a Mustang. They are basically the same car. Performance wise. With the Maro edging is slightly.

And the reason I and Blaqwhole know about the comments is because of my video I posted of me ripping 116 mph (I used that as the trap speed marker in Lunds run that he did in 12.2). But, I did it in 10.46 w/no prep and a roll in throttle, on the street, plus I hit rev limiter twice as I was using the paddles. So, I was showing the comparison that is was going to be impossible for a tune and tire only GT to run the Zl1 down.

It was on Utube for prob 1 hr and the fanboys came out in droves. I prob had 100 comments at least calling bs. When, It was video'd!!!!!!!!! So, I called out all Tuned and Tire '18 GT's to come get some. Since, after all, they were claiming a tune and tire only will run a Zl1.

But anyhow, it's funny to us tbhy. It's all in good fun. It's just nauseating to read some of the shit the 'other' forum believe.

They took that one 12.2 run and that was the gold standard. Out the box. It's gonna be a 12.2 car, so they figured with a tune and tire, it's gonna run low 11's, high 10's. haha. I mean, comical.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #730
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
They didn’t run on a drag strip with either car. So more of a real world test one could say

I’ve never made any claims you speak of

All I’ve ever said is a rental with great driving and conditions will produce above average results. Anyone who doesn’t know that is ignorant or a fanboy
Sometimes it's hard to convey on a forum versus an in person conversation. I wasn't pointing fingers at you, and never said you made any claims. I'd say a good 85%+ of my posts in this thread are sarcasm due to the loss of brain cells I incurred reading posts in here.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #731
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
This has all happened before folks..anyone who was around for the Camaro5 days in 2010 when the 2011 Mustangs started showing up will be having major deja vu over this.

What's going to happen is this..

This initial fury will die down, and then once private party cars start running similar times to the shops, they'll be attacked. Then when someone posts a video of them running down a ZL1 with E85/Exhaust/tire/tune..you'll see people start screaming again, and then it'll die down.

Eventually you'll have the same, usual suspects with links copied into word documents, ready to go, that show the 2018 Mustang running a 12.6, etc etc..whatever they want to support their claims and will dismiss any private party cars with mods as being difficult to compare because "then you're just racing wallets" and such.

None of this is new. I saw it with the 2011 GT's, I saw it with the 2013 GT500's, I saw it with the Hellcats and now it's coming around with the 2018 GT's.

Example:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75378

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86049

Also does this sound familiar?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95965

Last edited by SpeedIsLife; 12-21-2017 at 06:06 PM.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #732
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Name:  8D6E26F3-D389-40A6-A884-7B33356B3DF6.gif
Views: 288
Size:  208.6 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #733
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Me personally, I've never dismissed any times that the Mustang guys have laid down. I'm actually impressed. It's the ledge you fanboys go to is what I personally laugh about. I mean seriously? A tune and tire and the GT is now a Zl1 killer?
Killer, no....that comment was never made (unless were comparing to Blaqwholes best times). True comments/videos were made however that put a tune and tire MY18GT squarely towards the top of the ZL1 fast list. That is undeniable.

Quote:
And don't dismiss we are in Dec. It is HP weather. Just the past 2 weeks, 2 members laid down 11.8's in worse DA so. To me, the SS and GT are about on par with each other. I don't care, I have a Zl1. It's just the fkn nausea that comes from the Mustang side claiming this is the new holy grail. And honestly, it's just a $50k Camaro SS badged as a Mustang. They are basically the same car. Performance wise. With the Maro edging is slightly.
Performance wise, we don't have enough information. They look to be on par, but until more tests are made...we really don't know. It appears base vs base, they are more than likely just as quick. The SS more than likely will perform better around a track...as it has better and wider tires and is still 100lbs lighter.

Quote:
And the reason I and Blaqwhole know about the comments is because of my video I posted of me ripping 116 mph (I used that as the trap speed marker in Lunds run that he did in 12.2). But, I did it in 10.46 w/no prep and a roll in throttle, on the street, plus I hit rev limiter twice as I was using the paddles. So, I was showing the comparison that is was going to be impossible for a tune and tire only GT to run the Zl1 down.

It was on Utube for prob 1 hr and the fanboys came out in droves. I prob had 100 comments at least calling bs. When, It was video'd!!!!!!!!! So, I called out all Tuned and Tire '18 GT's to come get some. Since, after all, they were claiming a tune and tire only will run a Zl1.

But anyhow, it's funny to us tbhy. It's all in good fun. It's just nauseating to read some of the shit the 'other' forum believe.

They took that one 12.2 run and that was the gold standard. Out the box. It's gonna be a 12.2 car, so they figured with a tune and tire, it's gonna run low 11's, high 10's. haha. I mean, comical.
YouTube is the pit of despair for all branded fanboys. Those people aren't enthusiast, they are sheep.

As it stands, there are more runs below 12.2 than above. There have been more runs closer to 12 flat than 12.3. Is some of that because of December mine-shaft air? Most certainly.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #734
kttxz06

Quote:
Killer, no....that comment was never made (unless were comparing to Blaqwholes best times). True comments/videos were made however that put a tune and tire MY18GT squarely towards the top of the ZL1 fast list. That is undeniable.

Performance wise, we don't have enough information. They look to be on par, but until more tests are made...we really don't know. It appears base vs base, they are more than likely just as quick. The SS more than likely will perform better around a track...as it has better and wider tires and is still 100lbs lighter.

YouTube is the pit of despair for all branded fanboys. Those people aren't enthusiast, they are sheep.

As it stands, there are more runs below 12.2 than above. There have been more runs closer to 12 flat than 12.3. Is some of that because of December mine-shaft air? Most certainly.
Well, I'll give you that. But, they are still there and unfortunately the majority. So, it's the net. I have to bust em up a little bit. haha. I have friends with Mustangs. They don't act like that in person. It's all in good fun. Kills time for me. I'm either on here, on the golf course, or on the exchanges being a nerd.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #735
kttxz06

Quote:

I'm with ya. Def been some impressive runs out there for sure. Not denying it. I love the new design. Especially in Gray. Looks sick and the rear spoiler to me cleans up the rear end. Before I bought my Zl1, I was looking at the '17 Super Snake, but nobody would deal, so I bought the Zl1.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #736
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Haha, yea you're the troll that started that nonsense. I get it, you were trying to get under my skin. It didn't work and you just kept at it and kept at it. And the funny thing is that same day same track my ZL1 against anyone including Evans in a GT stock for stock and I'll eat that car up. You can cherry pick any comparison you want. But end of the day I EASILY ran an 11.8 with minimum effort in July using no technique, no modes, no LC, no launching, nothing. The absolute best ET for the stock 18 GT that you can drum up was a max effort run with a pro at the wheels in some pretty awesome DA in December. But again, if you're soo sure of the GT, then by all means I'd welcome a run at the track. LOL!!
Quote:
"We don't have enough information"...you've been running that same excuse for a while now. That is your go-to reply. "We don't have enough information". What that means coming from you is that there isn't enough information to back up your ridiculous claims. There is plenty of information out there. The A8 SS will beat the A10 GT. The A10 GT ran identical to the M6 SS while getting obliterated on the skidpad and in braking. And guess what mid 12s, the A8 SS is faster than the M6 SS. That is an absolute fact. So the information we have so far supports that the A8 SS will beat the GT when they both are tested. But go ahead and keep denying it. Maybe with enough cherry picking you'll find that information you're looking for.
Quote:

And the difference between them and you is that at least they have Mustangs and go to the track. At least when I argue with them I'm talking to someone who actually races for real instead of coming up with excuses.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #737
kttxz06

Dear Mustang fanboys......................
Old 12-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #738
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Man, does it get any better than this?
Hahaha....wow and
Quote:

Dear Mustang fanboys......................
You know what upsets camero guys more than mustangs on a camero forum?

Mustangs at a camero meet. No lies.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #739
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
Hahaha....wow and

You know what upsets camero guys more than mustangs on a camero forum?

Mustangs at a camero meet. No lies.
Is that right? I would have no idea. I usually hang with GTR's, other Camaro's, and CTS-V's. I can't be seen around Mustang owners. I mean, just for example how dumb they are. My buddy who has the Stage 3 Roush. You know, the one who won't race me cus he knows better. I've been telling him to buy XRP. It's going to sky rocket. Been telling him for 3 weeks to buy. He didn't. I showed him where XRP was at as of today. He could of tripled his investment within 3 weeks. But, he passed. Said it was a scam. It reminded me........how he is the scam. Why? Cus he drives a Mustang. There's only 1 Mustang welcome in our group and he unfortunately wipes the floor out of all of us. He has a roll racing MONSTER!! 1000 hp and he whoops everyone's ass.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #740
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Is that right? I would have no idea. I usually hang with GTR's, other Camaro's, and CTS-V's. I can't be seen around Mustang owners. I mean, just for example how dumb they are. My buddy who has the Stage 3 Roush. You know, the one who won't race me cus he knows better. I've been telling him to buy XRP. It's going to sky rocket. Been telling him for 3 weeks to buy. He didn't. I showed him where XRP was at as of today. He could of tripled his investment within 3 weeks. But, he passed. Said it was a scam. It reminded me........how he is the scam. Why? Cus he drives a Mustang. There's only 1 Mustang welcome in our group and he unfortunately wipes the floor out of all of us. He has a roll racing MONSTER!! 1000 hp and he whoops everyone's ass.
Cryptocurrency scares people.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #741
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Ya that'll happen.

This one time, Camero5 had an all muscle cruise in my area. I got invited so I went.

At lunch a few of the blown fif gen guys invited me to do some highway activities.

Turns out they didn't like the results of the activities and I was never invited again for some reason.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #742
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
Ya that'll happen.

This one time, Camero5 had an all muscle cruise in my area. I got invited so I went.

At lunch a few of the blown fif gen guys invited me to do some highway activities.

Turns out they didn't like the results of the activities and I was never invited again for some reason.
One thing I will say and others here have said it too: If you are going FI and have no interest in tracking your car get the Mustang. Not that FI Camaros aren't just as fast (because they are) but the choices for Mustangs are seemingly unlimited.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote