Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #15
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Your very welcome and just glad i can contribute something to the forum members here that is useful. This place helped me save a ton of cash and really some nice people and clubs i met in the past year and a half.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #16
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
I wonder if this method could be used for the front turn bulbs, too.. as at the moment I still haven't seen anybody converting them to LED without a resistor harness.

Keon718nyc, would you like to test your mod on front turn lights too?

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #17
keon718nyc

Ok, so out of good heart and faith i would be willing to sacrifice a Stamp/Envelope & 2 pcs of Resistors in a little baggie to 8 more people on this thread aside from "Adrian97c" that would really like them. No charge to anyone!!! First 8 that reply they want them in this post and send me their address ect. for shipping in the USA only please.

A little off topic -

Long story really short...... When shit hits the fan as it has done for me in the past week dealing with my personal & business debit cards had been compromised due to fraudulent charges in excess of over $7000 and recent times my business taking massive hits of slow sales and not many customers coming through my doors throwing me more into debt day by day, i try to keep a positive mind and really makes me happy i can do something to make someone else happier in life. I always been this way but never been so down in my life at this time financially both me and my wife and 6yr old daughter. I even wonder when my lease is up if my credit will be ok to get into another car at this point and don't want to have that but CC debt got me in the end here. Anyhow, what i am trying to say is i don't mind helping people out and even know life can look great from pictures and a nice looking car, it really can turn fast on you and can loose everything in a snap including your mind LOL.

Thanks again guys for the support and glad help out here a tad.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:03 PM   #18
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Ok, so out of good heart and faith i would be willing to sacrifice a Stamp/Envelope & 2 pcs of Resistors in a little baggie to 8 more people on this thread aside from "Adrian97c" that would really like them. No charge to anyone!!! First 8 that reply they want them in this post and send me their address ect. for shipping in the USA only please.

A little off topic -

Long story really short...... When shit hits the fan as it has done for me in the past week dealing with my personal & business debit cards had been compromised due to fraudulent charges in excess of over $7000 and recent times my business taking massive hits of slow sales and not many customers coming through my doors throwing me more into debt day by day, i try to keep a positive mind and really makes me happy i can do something to make someone else happier in life. I always been this way but never been so down in my life at this time financially both me and my wife and 6yr old daughter. I even wonder when my lease is up if my credit will be ok to get into another car at this point and don't want to have that but CC debt got me in the end here. Anyhow, what i am trying to say is i don't mind helping people out and even know life can look great from pictures and a nice looking car, it really can turn fast on you and can loose everything in a snap including you mind LOL.

I would like a pair please!!! And Thank you!!! Will send address privately.
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #19
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos View Post
I wonder if this method could be used for the front turn bulbs, too.. as at the moment I still haven't seen anybody converting them to LED without a resistor harness.

Keon718nyc, would you like to test your mod on front turn lights too?

See you!!,
Eos
Posted from another forum member to me -

Just note that this (the 2.2kohm 1/4 watt resistor) wont work for blinkers.

The resisters on the blinkers are load resisters needed to deal with the hardcoded BCM that expects a certain load or it will hyperflash.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #20
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
I would like a pair please!!! And Thank you!!! Will send address privately.
Your welcome!!! Enjoy!!!
Old 03-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #21
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi Keon718nyc!,

Quote:
Just note that this (the 2.2kohm 1/4 watt resistor) wont work for blinkers.
The resisters on the blinkers are load resisters needed to deal with the hardcoded BCM that expects a certain load or it will hyperflash.
Thanks for your reply! I will open a new thread about this topic..

See you!!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #22
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

A little off topic -

Long story really short...... When shit hits the fan as it has done for me in the past week dealing with my personal & business debit cards had been compromised due to fraudulent charges in excess of over $7000 and recent times my business taking massive hits of slow sales and not many customers coming through my doors throwing me more into debt day by day, i try to keep a positive mind and really makes me happy i can do something to make someone else happier in life. I always been this way but never been so down in my life at this time financially both me and my wife and 6yr old daughter. I even wonder when my lease is up if my credit will be ok to get into another car at this point and don't want to have that but CC debt got me in the end here. Anyhow, what i am trying to say is i don't mind helping people out and even know life can look great from pictures and a nice looking car, it really can turn fast on you and can loose everything in a snap including your mind LOL.

Ill do the same. I bought 100 for $5.16. LOL PM addresses and ill send some out next week.

How about this, ill send like 90 to one person who PMs me an address, all it will cost them is a stamp and envelope to the next person that wants them and so on and so forth until gone or someone screws it up lol
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:03 PM   #23
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
If you still have some available, I'll take a pair. I'll PM you my shipping address right now. Thanks in advance!
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:37 PM   #24
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
If you still have some available, I'll take a pair. I'll PM you my shipping address right now. Thanks in advance!
No problem got you covered, PM sent!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:24 AM   #25
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
I've seen 1st hand how quickly things can go south financially... having to start from scratch is quite the experience, especially after living on a good run for a while. It's like a roller coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #26
Camaro_49

Drives: Camaro
So I did this mod today....small problem. My clumsy fingers accidentally dropped one of the things that attached the tailight cover down....it fell into the area behind the tailight. any idea how I can get it back? Or where can I replace it? Thanks
Camaro_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #27
Camaro_49

Drives: Camaro
Well...this didn't work for me. The leds are still dimly lighting up. When I have both leds in at the same time, they dimly light up. However, when I have one led and one halogen in, the led doesn't light up. Any idea what could have gone wrong?
Camaro_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #28
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_49 View Post
Well...this didn't work for me. The leds are still dimly lighting up. When I have both leds in at the same time, they dimly light up. However, when I have one led and one halogen in, the led doesn't light up. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Did you put resistors on both bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap