Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-22-2015, 10:05 PM   #57
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Thanks GTanZ28, its fun playing on mountain roads together.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #58
LSLT_Powered26

Drives: 2013 Victory Red Camaro SS
Everybody wants American automakers to make better cars,use better materials and etc..etc. When they start doing all of those things, people start whining about price went up. No matter what they do people will always find something to cry about. Can't please everyone I guess.
LSLT_Powered26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:18 PM   #59
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
I'll test drive the new Camaro and the Mustang. It seems from initial reviews that Camaro drives better with better turn in, balance, etc, and a little quicker in straight line speed. The Mustang is about 2k cheaper, roomier inside, maybe better materials but that's a toss up. If it was me it will be automatic transmission, v6 for Camaro and turbo 4 for Mustang. What do you guys think?
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #60
Camaro1LTBA

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Thanks to the OP for posting this. I know there is a thread with a bunch of reviews from everywhere that is a million pages long. This "review" wasn't the best review (not the car), but finally read one.

Would have liked to at least seen the reviews separated by V6 or V8 or, honestly, I'd have preferred all reviews in a separate thread. "Motor Trend reviews the V6", "Car and Driver's review of the SS", etc. Oh well, I'll eventually dig through that thread to find what I'd like to read.

Can't believe I'm going to see the 2016 on Monday! Excited; hoping to place an order shortly after :-)
Camaro1LTBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #61
sellis351

Drives: 2016 2ss garnet red soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1LTBA View Post
Would have liked to at least seen the reviews separated by V6 or V8 or, honestly, I'd have preferred all reviews in a separate thread. "Motor Trend reviews the V6", "Car and Driver's review of the SS", etc. Oh well, I'll eventually dig through that thread to find what I'd like to read.

Can't believe I'm going to see the 2016 on Monday! Excited; hoping to place an order shortly after :-)
Did you look at page one? 2000firehawk hooked us up.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426517
Old 10-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #62
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLT_Powered26 View Post
Everybody wants American automakers to make better cars,use better materials and etc..etc. When they start doing all of those things, people start whining about price went up. No matter what they do people will always find something to cry about. Can't please everyone I guess.
Good point. If they want the Camaro to compete not only with the Mustang but also with the BMWs & Audis of the world, they have to bring their A game. You start adding equipment and more expensive parts and material, it's not going to be free.

At the same time, though, when I hear about a V6 (!) Camaro stickered at 38 large, I start wishing that GM hadn't killed the code 130r project (i.e., a smaller, cheaper RWD vehicle aimed more at entry-level buyers).
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:55 PM   #63
Camaro1LTBA

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellis351 View Post
Did you look at page one? 2000firehawk hooked us up.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426517

Thank you. This was not there last I checked. I went through about 3-4 pages of posts just to get a random link. Thanks again!

Have some reading to do from now until Monday when I see the Gen6 in person
Camaro1LTBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:24 PM   #64
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Good point. If they want the Camaro to compete not only with the Mustang but also with the BMWs & Audis of the world, they have to bring their A game. You start adding equipment and more expensive parts and material, it's not going to be free.

At the same time, though, when I hear about a V6 (!) Camaro stickered at 38 large, I start wishing that GM hadn't killed the code 130r project (i.e., a smaller, cheaper RWD vehicle aimed more at entry-level buyers).
Nissan 370Z Nismo tech package msrp's for $45k!

2SS price range!

Absolute base 370z is $29k.

Not sure why we need to keep going over this. Car prices have gone up! A lot!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #65
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
I was a bit harsh with you initially. But, you are a car guy and you are sticking with it. So, I'm going to give a more civilized response.

My history. Owned a couple of 1995 camaro z28's. Loved them and they were fast enough for me. Great performance and acceleration. I was also lucky on numerous occasions that I didn't kill myself or someone else while driving them.

This is going to be my daily driver.

If I were going to have a fair weather car it would be an Ariel atom or something crazy like that. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want a camaro as a fair weather car and would subject themselves to a Toyota as a daily driver.

That said, the cost over the life of the car v6 vs v8 is going to be a few thousand dollars for gas/insurance.

As I stated earlier the V6 is already as fast or faster than the gen 4 camaro.

I'm 40 years old and married. I won't track, drag, or auto cross my car. I am after a car that has a manual transmission, is engaging, quick/fast, fun to drive, comfortable, good looking, great handling, and rear wheel drive. Only 3 other cars on the market that tick all (or most) those boxes for around $35,000. The Mustang, charger/challenger, and the 370z.

And, while I was initially shocked by the sticker price. Exactly as you were. I quickly found that car prices have gone up rather dramatically. Did you know a 3.6 ATS optioned out hits $50,000? I checked out a lot of comparable cars.... And even some prices on fwd cars.

Bottom line; cars have gotten more expensive.

Agreed. The problem for many of us that have bought and owned these cars over the years just see how much more expensive they are now. Their cost has outpaced salary increases, however they do tend last a lot longer now though. What happens though is now that the Camaro in the 40k+ range you will have more people cross shop other cars. I even ask myself, should I give up some performance and just get a more refined and reliable Lexus or if I just want to have fun maybe save a bunch and buy a new Miata for a top down go-cart like driving experience and save 10-15k. Maybe instead of 40k for the new Camaro why not pickup a nice used GrandSport C6 Corvette Convertible for $35-40k, which will provide comparable performance and won't depreciate nearly as fast. The Camaro is moving upmarket, what we need is a fun Chevy Car in the 25-30k price point again. Maybe a souped up Chevy Cruise or something.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #66
papacj

Drives: Japanese
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Who buys a V6 sports car when they can buy a V8? The people who can't afford V8 gas mileage.
or people who dont live in the sticks
papacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:19 PM   #67
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLT_Powered26 View Post
Well, the thing is is that for years Japan has been building high quality cars with very nice materials and the prices didn't go up. I'm one of those who BEGGED GM to get their act together and start building better cars before they went bankrupt, because I WANTED to go back to GM but could not justify it with their horrible garbage interiors.

Now, I'm still buying the Camaro, but I'm just sayin...... as someone who's owned Hondas for 16 years.

Just sayin.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #68
Mike00

Drives: Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
I
My car is better In all seriousness, though, not trying to start a C5 vs C6 war, but just saying, I'm glad I got in when I did with the 5th gen. If I had to buy a new Camaro today, I think I'd be looking at other cars in that price range like Audi, BMW, etc.

It's funny how people view things. I currently have a Lexus GS 350 F sport and last car was an Audi S4. In a little over a year I'll be picking up either a 2SS or SRT 392 challenger. The American cars have nicer interiors and features now that in swayed to them for performance. And they are a lot less. Hell a loaded S4 rubs 60k not the 45k I'll pay for the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #69
Oogabooga

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Satin Black
2014 saw nearly $40K V6's. Here's one of two still for sale near me.

http://www.bobbymurray.com/mobile/Ne...NC/vd/22175900