Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Crown Vic’s had issues as well, mainly transmission and brakes. The 4.6L was garbage. We’d replace motors because the rest of the car was still good.

The 94-96 Caprice with the LT-1 was awesome!!!!

I absolutely agree that the 4R70W and 4R75W are crap, but they are no worse than any other automatic.

The brakes are quite impressive on the 2003-2011 P71, if you had other results you may not have been running OEM equipment, possibly some jerk put on the civilian pads. My crown Vic was comparable to the Camaro SS in terms of outright braking power and the pads were still in good shape after 42,000 miles of heavy use. It never had brake fade when having fun, and I never left me wishing for better brakes. I had plenty of "oh shit!" moments while commuting at night on the weekends in that car.

The 4.6 was gutless but would outlast several transmissions. They have no weak point aside from the lack of power, plastic intake manifolds, and poorly designed spark plug threads. They actually surpassed the 5.0 in durability testing, which is quite impressive.

The 94-96 caprice LT1 was awesome. So good that even with more modern options, I am debating getting one as a donor for my 92 Caprice wagon.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #16
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The issue wasn’t the braking power, but rather the annoying way the ABS intervened, or sometimes didn’t!! lol

The Crown Vic wasn’t a terrible car. I liked them overall. The new ones however suck and suck badly. I like how ford is blaming everyone else for the carbon monoxide debacle. I don’t know of a single department that drilled holes in the floor.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote