Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Phastek Performance

Old 03-02-2018, 01:48 AM   #1
sdavis2702

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
San Diego - Red Camaro - Jack In The Box

Not even an hour ago I was out getting some late night curly fries from Jack In The Box and noticed a red [what I assumed was an] SS pass me slowly. It's late, so I didn't get a good look. I thought, "sweet... there's a Camaro brother." Simultaneously, I was trying to follow my GPS to the nearby delicious curly fries. The Camaro driver eventually stopped to turn (I thought), so I threw up the peace sign as I rolled by. Standard procedure.

Shortly after, I pulled into Jack In The Box to hit the drive through and saw the Camaro coming up behind me. It was dark, but of course I know the lights. I noticed DRLs were vertical, but I couldn't see the rest of the car at all. I rolled the window down and we got a chance to chat. But it wasn't until you pulled off (I still couldn't see much) that I realized I was hearing a V8, but remembered the DRLs being vertical.

I'm super curious to know what you were driving! Please tell me you weren't in a beautiful red ZL1 and my blind ass didn't even realize it.

You said you've seen me on the forums before. I hope you see this! Would love to see that car during the day!
Old 03-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
I really wish they made the ZL1 standout a bit more. I always see the SS thinking they are my ZL1 brother ;p
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #3
sdavis2702

Haha! So much disappointment.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #4
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
what did the hood look like? seems pretty simple to tell the difference looking at the hood, unless they have done a full hood/front bumper ZL1 upgrade... which would be kind of wack
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #5
sdavis2702

It's very easy to tell the difference looking at the hood, and other indicators. As mentioned previously, though, it was dark and I was focused on an upcoming turn I needed to take. All I caught was 1) the fact that a Camaro was passing me, 2) the vertical DRLs as he pulled up while I sat in the drive through, and 3) the growl as he rolled away. When he got beside me to chat, our cars were super close and everything around us was was pretty dark. I focused on talking to him, not looking around his car. Easy oversight.

I'm sure he'll see this eventually and I bet it was a ZL1. Waiting for my chance to see it again.