Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #29
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstingray View Post
^^^^^^^^ I agree, ,

not a single part is from our car LOL,

love to see the Camaro at Sebring and road Atlanta where they push technology and innovation,
That is not what NASCAR is all about. It's more of a wheel to wheel style racing that everyone likes. It makes for a more entertaining style of racing. If I wanted technology and innovation, watch F1. To me NASCAR is just a rolling chassis with a spec engine. Not a single part of those engines have anything to do with your normal car on the road today. At least with the Sports car series, the Camaros at least start off in life as a body in white as a Camaro, Mustang or whathave you.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #30
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Austin was trying to get around the Ford, you know the Ford was trying to block just like every other wreck prior that were caused by block attempts.
There were plenty of nudging going on the whole race.
Bumping is one thing. Driving right through someone to pass is another. That’s not racing. Watch the replay. He just shoved the 10 right out of the way. He’s always been a dirty driver. I guess NASCAR finally found the Earnhardt they were looking for. NASCAR and WWE should combine. They could share their wisdom on how to make the fake Entertaining.

Last edited by motorhead; 02-19-2018 at 11:00 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #31
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
They could do wonders for the sport by going back to their roots and actually using stock cars again. Imagine how insanely fun it would be to see them using the real thing!
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #32
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
That is not what NASCAR is all about. It's more of a wheel to wheel style racing that everyone likes.
Not everyone. I've been doing wheel to wheel racing (sports cars) for over 35 years...and I cannot stand NASCAR! I also grew up 45 miles South of Daytona and saw Nascar races when they were actual races (60's & 70's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
That is not what NASCAR is all about. It's more of a wheel to wheel style racing that everyone likes. It makes for a more entertaining style of watching multi-car crashes.
Fixed that for you.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #33
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
camaro trans am

nascar is great, but if you ever get a chance to watch the trans am racing, I think it is called T2, you will see Camaro vs mustang vs challenger...great road course racing...check it out!
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #34
KSA464

Drives: 2018 2SS
It was stated:

"One thing we should agree on is that the NASCAR sticker Camaro is the closest thing to the real everyday car. Rear drive, manual trans, V8 and a 2 dr coupe. Cannot say that about the fusion or the camry, total representation of cars that don't exist."

This.

I have to say, I was never a fan of NASCAR, but only watched from a far distance, especially after Dale Sr. died. Fast forward to this year, or more specfically yesterdays 500, was the first race I watched from begining til' end, butt in chair. I have not done this in over 20 years. The reason? The intorduction of the "camaro" and the excitment of the youth of the drivers. Alex Bowman grow up just a couple miles north of me and my neice and nephew go to his high school, so even my wife now has an interest with Alex and his Camaro (the 18' SS is her car, not mine!). I am now a fan and have someone to follow.

Another reason, as stated above, my renewed interest lies in the fact that there are only 3 manufactures and only 1 of the 3 is the closest thing that you can watch on Sunday and buy on Monday (Camaro). It is (was) the true roots, if you will, to "stock car" racing. My hope is that Ford fields a Mustang next year - Toyota, not sure what they would use as they do not make a 2 door RWD V8 car of any kind. The only V8 thay have goes in their pickup trucks. Fusion is the same way. They are both V6 at best, FWD family sedans. With that said, NASCAR is still sorta stupid and fake with Fords and Toyota racing what they do today and the reason I am still not an "all in" fanatic.

I mean really, when pulled up to a stop light in your Camaro and a Camery pulls up next to you, do you point out the window for a drag?! Do 20-something year old men (the largest demo that a Camaro caters to) think, "wow, I would really love to buy a Fusion and outfit it with a Borla exhaust"? No to both. I'm 47 now, but I can't imagine the youth of today dreams about Camery's or Fusions - they more then likely dream like I do (did), about Mustangs, Corvettes, Grand Nationals, etc.

I should also note that I am not alone. Aside from my wife which I mentioned, I have an uncle and 2 co-workers that are also planning to engauge themselves in following NASCAR a bit closer this year. Yesterday, we were all exchanging texts to one another during the race---this has NEVER happend before in my life. I also wanted another sport to complement Baseball this summer (I listen to Cardinals games on the radio) and plan to have NASCAR on the TV.

"A Sticker car" or not, the NASCAR Camaro is nearest thing to a stock car than anything else on the track. I think (hope) NASCAR understands this and is excited about the Camaro combined with the 20 year olds that are now dominating the 40 car positions.

Disparage a sticker car all you want, but I still enjoy the competion between the manufactuers' -Go Chevy!!!
KSA464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #35
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA464 View Post
It was stated:

"One thing we should agree on is that the NASCAR sticker Camaro is the closest thing to the real everyday car. Rear drive, manual trans, V8 and a 2 dr coupe. Cannot say that about the fusion or the camry, total representation of cars that don't exist."

This.

I have to say, I was never a fan of NASCAR, but only watched from a far distance, especially after Dale Sr. died. Fast forward to this year, or more specfically yesterdays 500, was the first race I watched from begining til' end, butt in chair. I have not done this in over 20 years. The reason? The intorduction of the "camaro" and the excitment of the youth of the drivers. Alex Bowman grow up just a couple miles north of me and my neice and nephew go to his high school, so even my wife now has an interest with Alex and his Camaro (the 18' SS is her car, not mine!). I am now a fan and have someone to follow.

Another reason, as stated above, my renewed interest lies in the fact that there are only 3 manufactures and only 1 of the 3 is the closest thing that you can watch on Sunday and buy on Monday (Camaro). It is (was) the true roots, if you will, to "stock car" racing. My hope is that Ford fields a Mustang next year - Toyota, not sure what they would use as they do not make a 2 door RWD V8 car of any kind. The only V8 thay have goes in their pickup trucks. Fusion is the same way. They are both V6 at best, FWD family sedans. With that said, NASCAR is still sorta stupid and fake with Fords and Toyota racing what they do today and the reason I am still not an "all in" fanatic.

I mean really, when pulled up to a stop light in your Camaro and a Camery pulls up next to you, do you point out the window for a drag?! Do 20-something year old men (the largest demo that a Camaro caters to) think, "wow, I would really love to buy a Fusion and outfit it with a Borla exhaust"? No to both. I'm 47 now, but I can't imagine the youth of today dreams about Camery's or Fusions - they more then likely dream like I do (did), about Mustangs, Corvettes, Grand Nationals, etc.

I should also note that I am not alone. Aside from my wife which I mentioned, I have an uncle and 2 co-workers that are also planning to engauge themselves in following NASCAR a bit closer this year. Yesterday, we were all exchanging texts to one another during the race---this has NEVER happend before in my life. I also wanted another sport to complement Baseball this summer (I listen to Cardinals games on the radio) and plan to have NASCAR on the TV.

"A Sticker car" or not, the NASCAR Camaro is nearest thing to a stock car than anything else on the track. I think (hope) NASCAR understands this and is excited about the Camaro combined with the 20 year olds that are now dominating the 40 car positions.

Disparage a sticker car all you want, but I still enjoy the competion between the manufactuers' -Go Chevy!!!
While nice to see that opinion, I think the whole win on Sunday sell on Monday thing died in late 60s early 70s. These cars are nothing like the cars you can buy. The only thing it is IMO is Chevy VS Toyota Vs Ford.

Like I mentioned with the NHRA, if Force wins do you say that a Camaro won the NRHA event? what about Jeg Coughlin Jr's "Camaro"
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #36
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
like I mentioned with the NHRA, if Force wins do you say that a Camaro won the NRHA event? what about Jeg Coughlin Jr's "Camaro"
Well you are taking about two different classes in NHRA. If when john force wins he's doing it with a MOPAR based engine clean back from the late 60's. Every topfuel funny car and every topfuel rail are all based off the 426HEMI. Everyone no matter what body is on them or elblem. In Jeg Coughlin Jr's class ,which is prostock, that's different.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #37
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Well you are taking about two different classes in NHRA. If when john force wins he's doing it with a MOPAR based engine clean back from the late 60's. Every topfuel funny car and every topfuel rail are all based off the 426HEMI. Everyone no matter what body is on them or elblem. In Jeg Coughlin Jr's class ,which is prostock, that's different.
While true do you think the casual fan/observer knows that?

We will just us Jr's Pro Stock Camaro. Other than having a Chevrolet engine and the stickers does that have anything to do with a Chevrolet Camaro? That is what I am saying. NHRA Nascar these cars have nothing to do with the bodies that are slapped on them
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #38
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Reckless View Post
NASCAR has sucked since they wen tot tube chassis cars that don't even exist. How many V8 Fusions and Camrys do you see for sale? Or for that matter with two doors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
They could do wonders for the sport by going back to their roots and actually using stock cars again. Imagine how insanely fun it would be to see them using the real thing!
Well, they probably could. It would be easier to replace all the dead drivers you'd end up with than it was back then.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #39
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Nascar....YAWN! I can't stand seeing a bunch of cars that all look alike going around and around for hours with very little passing. I fell asleep half way through and turned it off with about 40 laps left, totally bored. Unfortunatly I missed the last 2 laps! The only excitement were a couple of wrecks. I did however really like the looks of the Camaros! At least they looked somewhat like the real deal! I started losing interest when Dodge left and they brought in Toyota. It should be Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger. Get rid of the Fusion and Camry. Back to the roots!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #40
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Bumping is one thing. Driving right through someone to pass is another. That’s not racing. Watch the replay. He just shoved the 10 right out of the way. He’s always been a dirty driver. I guess NASCAR finally found the Earnhardt they were looking for. NASCAR and WWE should combine. They could share their wisdom on how to make the fake Entertaining.
Well, the guy in front of him was going a tad slower so, I'd do the same thing. GTFO out of my way, here, here's a little push now get out of my way so I may move on through. Sorry, THAT is racing.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #41
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I was rooting for Chase Elliott. He's a wheel man with his Dad's talent and class.

For the 3 car to punt the leader into the wall on a super speedway... zero class. He's lucky Almirola is such a calm and cool dude. I'd have DQ'd the little turd for that move. But NASCAR seems to be Ok with a demo derby last lap.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #42

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
FWIW I usually DVR the whole race and just fast-forward to watch the wrecks and the finish...lol...I can take it for 20-30 minutes, but hard to watch live for 3-4 hours...

And....I never cared for that Stage 1 and Stage 2 business....I kills the whole idea of a "big" race and just adds more meaningless caution laps....

Last edited by 90503; 02-19-2018 at 01:30 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote