Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2018, 12:39 PM   #71
yzinger

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - IOM - LS3
some (only some) of these is the fault of the dumb parking space designers etc...space are super small now. In my neck of the woods there is ongoing debate about changing or applying some rules to businesses that want to have parking lots. X amount of space or the like.
yzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #72
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzinger View Post
some (only some) of these is the fault of the dumb parking space designers etc...space are super small now. In my neck of the woods there is ongoing debate about changing or applying some rules to businesses that want to have parking lots. X amount of space or the like.
When I was in the Army, I had a squad leader who was dumb as a box of rocks... in fact, his "secret" nickname was, "Box of Rocks." Anyhow, one day my squad was tasked with repainting the parking space lines in the just- repaved parking lot.

My sergeant, being the genius that he was, had a plan: He measured the width of a car, and THAT was the distance that each line would be from the next.

I tried to explain the error of that logic... I really did. But, in addition to being as smart as a box of rocks, that guy was also pretty much of an a- hole, and he would hear NOTHING of what some stupid private was trying to say. Fine... we painted that entire parking lot with lines juuuuuust far enough apart for a car to squeeze into, as long a s folks didn't mind rubbing up on the car to the left or the right... or both. And... there wasn't room to open the door... that had not been factored in.

Yes, the sergeant major was PISSED. And I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Box of Rocks get reamed for being... a box of rocks.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:23 PM   #73
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
When I was in the Army, I had a squad leader who was dumb as a box of rocks... in fact, his "secret" nickname was, "Box of Rocks." Anyhow, one day my squad was tasked with repainting the parking space lines in the just- repaved parking lot.

My sergeant, being the genius that he was, had a plan: He measured the width of a car, and THAT was the distance that each line would be from the next.

I tried to explain the error of that logic... I really did. But, in addition to being as smart as a box of rocks, that guy was also pretty much of an a- hole, and he would hear NOTHING of what some stupid private was trying to say. Fine... we painted that entire parking lot with lines juuuuuust far enough apart for a car to squeeze into, as long a s folks didn't mind rubbing up on the car to the left or the right... or both. And... there wasn't room to open the door... that had not been factored in.

Yes, the sergeant major was PISSED. And I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Box of Rocks get reamed for being... a box of rocks.
It would seem your squad leader went on to get a career in parking lot painting, because they all seem to be that way now.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #74
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Gen 5 Camaros, are quite wide vehicles.

Racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #75
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
give 'em an inch & they take a mile

that's why i only park in the boondocks & beside the buggy corral (or both, if able)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #76
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I live now in Daytona and this crap happens all the time. Before Florida, I lived in the SF Bay Area for 30 years where most people know how to drive and park their cars. Florida sucks. Drivers are morons and the humidity is ridiculous. CA here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #77
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
This guy was really working to be a D!($

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #78
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Wtf. Your parking lines are already thicker than most single lined . This person has a loop and still manages to cross over.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote