Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2017, 02:46 AM   #29
DatsunBob

Drives: ATS 2.0t Rwd Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post

Installing single nozzle spray this weekend??

Relocated T/MAP sensor farther away from the nozzle, nozzle will screw in below the weld on the bottom machined reducer. Spray orientation point the nozzle facing straight toward the front of the car, I figured this would be best for a more even distribution rather that spraying in from a side. Spray forward, and evenly roll it around the radius in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You aren't worried about the MAF being too close to the TB now? Something something reversion... I have no idea.

It's interesting, for us to use that GM MAF referenced controller, we are actually spraying pre-turbo. I was looking at the Snow stage 3, has 2 independent channels for control. Might be ideal here. Run a smaller nozzle before the MAF for IATs preturbo, then run a larger nozzle after the intercooler or even direct port.

I am starting to think placing the nozzle at the end of the filter might work too... Something like this Zex nitrous cone.

DatsunBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #30
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunBob View Post
You aren't worried about the MAF being too close to the TB now? Something something reversion... I have no idea.

It's interesting, for us to use that GM MAF referenced controller, we are actually spraying pre-turbo. I was looking at the Snow stage 3, has 2 independent channels for control. Might be ideal here. Run a smaller nozzle before the MAF for IATs preturbo, then run a larger nozzle after the intercooler or even direct port.

I am starting to think placing the nozzle at the end of the filter might work too... Something like this Zex nitrous cone.

That's not the MAF sensor, it's a combined temp sensor (for IAT2 reading), and pressure sensor.

I don't think it would be wise to spray before the MAF, wouldn't want to get that wet from what I read. You could break out the IAT sensor from the maf, move it down stream and spray before that though, but still, I'm not sure I would spray pre turbo, or pre intercooler for that matter, as I read it can pool in the intercooler.

I have a different Snow controller I got in a trade that will control 2 stages independently. I'm still contemplating putting a second nozzle behind the throttle body built into the throttle body adapter.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #31
DatsunBob

Drives: ATS 2.0t Rwd Performance
Lol never mind all of that then.

That placement looks great then, I don't know where I read it was the MAF... doh!
DatsunBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #32
Scubacat

Drives: 2014 Malibu LTZ 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I like your charge pipe idea for simplicities sake.

Dead simple... I like the prometh stuff the best. Working on getting a system going myself...

https://prometh.com/collections/mist-a-pipe
Scubacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #33
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubacat View Post
Dead simple... I like the prometh stuff the best. Working on getting a system going myself...

https://prometh.com/collections/mist-a-pipe
Thanks for the link....

I think I will be using this kit in the near future.

https://prometh.com/collections/nozz...nt=30883722883

I do wonder about how safe it is to just screw the nozzles right into a plastic intake though... You'd think that with boost it might blow the nozzle right out of the threads?

Here's a shot of their pre-bent kit for an ecoboost mustang
Old 09-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #34
Scubacat

Drives: 2014 Malibu LTZ 2.0T
Prometh has a pretty solid rep and great CS. They must have a way... Personally, I feel they have the nicest tank set-ups. I spoke with a CS guy today. The site is amidst a revamp and does NOT have everything they are doing on it. They have a new progressive controller coming out.
Scubacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #35
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
It wouldn't shock me to find they're working on an LTG kit if they have one for the Ecoboost mustang.

Jason, didn't you buy a spare intake manifold already?
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #36
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
It wouldn't shock me to find they're working on an LTG kit if they have one for the Ecoboost mustang.

Jason, didn't you buy a spare intake manifold already?
Oh yeah, I had a spare intake almost a year before I got the car lol.

I'm going to be revisiting this project, as I want to do it anyway, and I'm bored, also poor, so this is probably an affordable project that will keep me busy for a couple days.

So for discussion, Looks like there is enough room to fit the "system" on the inside of the intake, like the pics I showed earlier... I like this for "stealth-ness" but if you ever had to change the nozzles, you'd have to take the intake off the car, so that would probably be a pain in the ass... Or just set it and forget it, and add a 5th spray nozzle down toward the outlet of the intercooler to adjust if more if needed...

Or Put them on the outside of the intake so they can be changed as necessary (in threory depending on placement), and have an optional 5th nozzle. or not.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #37
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
Getting my snow stage 2 kit in the mail tomorrow. Got a real nice deal from Dynosteve at RDP. Happy to be joining the meth club Might be dropping back in this thread asking a few questions when I install in the next week or two.

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #38
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Quote:
So for discussion, Looks like there is enough room to fit the "system" on the inside of the intake, like the pics I showed earlier... I like this for "stealth-ness" but if you ever had to change the nozzles, you'd have to take the intake off the car, so that would probably be a pain in the ass... Or just set it and forget it, and add a 5th spray nozzle down toward the outlet of the intercooler to adjust if more if needed...

Or Put them on the outside of the intake so they can be changed as necessary (in threory depending on placement), and have an optional 5th nozzle. or not.
I always put stuff like that where it's easiest for me to access - I don't see the point of "stealth" as once you pop the hood anyone worth their salt will pick up tidbits really quickly and anyone who has no idea what they're looking at won't understand anything anyway.

So many people thought the "bump" on the 1g DSM hood was for the turbo that when the hood was lifted the timing belt cover was assumed to be a cover for the turbocharger (or the turbo itself).
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #39
Jason@JacFab

Water/Meth injection do's and don'ts?

I decided against the stealth route. Look for this direct port meth project to be completed in the near future... $300 in parts

Here's a prototype distribution block I made, and where it will mount on the intake manifold.

All the rest of the missing parts I need (fittings and nozzles) will be showing up late this week, and sometime next week.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #40
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
I decided against the stealth route. Look for this direct port meth project to be completed in the near future... $300 in parts

Here's a prototype distribution block I made, and where it will mount on the intake manifold.

All the rest of the missing parts I need (fittings and nozzles) will be showing up late this week, and sometime next week.
#evendistribution
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #41
Jason@JacFab

Direct port "mock up" rev1

Not quite 100% what I had in my mind, but for a first attempt, it's not horrible... Rather than waste a bunch of expensive mail order stainless line, I bought some brake lines from the local auto parts store as they are cheap, and readily available. For 80" total of 1/4" brake line, I paid about $13.00, so I can junk a whole lot of it and not feel bad like I would if I ruined a bunch of stainless mail order line.

Obviously, you don't really want to use brake line as the flare on the end is wrong, being a 45 degree double flare, where as an AN fitting takes a 37 degree single flare. I also assembled everything dry, but for the final setup, I will be using a recommended sealant for meth injection systems. I will probably make one more set (or more) of test lines to get the lines closer to the intake manifold, before actually going through with making the final stainless hard lines.

I did these rather quickly, probably less than 45 minutes to cut/bend all 4 lines, so obviously its not perfect. But really if you think about it, not bad at all for being in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #42
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Awesome man. Keep up the good work.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote