Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #15
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
I don’t take offense to nothing hah u guys good. Appreciate the honest feedback. I agree as far as the idle goes I think it sounded a little bit more aggressive, but if I delete cats one day and downpipe it I’ll have to put x pipe and that would prob make it sound back to what you liked. You must not be a fan of the rasp as much, but I LOVE how it SCREAMS now when I punch it!! It never did that before! Not a big fan of that either though?

But any performance gain is probably most definetly in the head, but lemme tell you I can FEEL the difference. The car can breathe now and it really does honestly feel like it’s quicker, no lie. Unless maybe it added torque is the reason.

At cruise speeds you literally hear like nothing. Sometimes when it downshifts I think it sounded a little off but I’ll see as time goes on what I think. Don’t drive it every day anymore.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #16
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I mean, understand it's a very generalized response with a couple of facts thrown in. The firing order of our engines is 123456, so it's always alternating sides (135 and 246 are the different cylinder banks) but it definitely wants the extra scavenging because we're turning such high rpm. To my understanding the V8s don't really care but ideally they at least want an H pipe to equalize the two sides, but then again they also push enough air to not lose any power bone stock with a 3" exhaust.

Though, like I said, the Magnaflow resonated x (#11386) is what I added to my ZL1 NPP exhaust. It is a muffler so you'll lose some raw sound and some rasp but the tone it gives is so much nicer. I would say run a Magnaflow Tru-X at least to balance the sides, but ultimately the 11386 is always my go to suggestion for anyone, as it was on the C5 forum.
Hey there, resurrecting this thread again bc I had a question about the Magnaflow X. Like I mentioned before, my only exhaust modification is the Borla Atak Axleback but I want more sound with minimal to no drone. Would that X add any volume, decrease, or not change?
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:30 PM   #17
NY Andrew

In general X gives more deeper tone, but will be quieter on start up, quieter cruising, and not as loud while on the gas. It won’t have as much rasp as mine does (which some like and some don’t) but removing rasp takes away loudness and keeping rasp will make it as loud as possible. X most definitely wont ever add volume. If you don’t want drone then yes go X and maybe even add J.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:15 AM   #18
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
In general X gives more deeper tone, but will be quieter on start up, quieter cruising, and not as loud while on the gas. It won’t have as much rasp as mine does (which some like and some don’t) but removing rasp takes away loudness and keeping rasp will make it as loud as possible. X most definitely wont ever add volume. If you don’t want drone then yes go X and maybe even add J.
Yeah I was thinking about swapping my Borla out for the MBRP Axleback with J pipes
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
Old 02-02-2018, 06:06 AM   #19
NY Andrew

That’s a popular set up I’ve seen. Borla has just such a good reputation and it was NOT cheap so I can’t see myself ridding the Borla Atak. But I would never buy Borla axleback or Midpipe it’s way overpriced just have a muffler shop do it.

Quick question, I see you got AFE CAI. I’m about to get GM CAI. How you like the AFE? Notice any difference with AFE and ur exhaust setup than just one or the other alone?
Old 02-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #20
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
That’s a popular set up I’ve seen. Borla has just such a good reputation and it was NOT cheap so I can’t see myself ridding the Borla Atak. But I would never buy Borla axleback or Midpipe it’s way overpriced just have a muffler shop do it.

Quick question, I see you got AFE CAI. I’m about to get GM CAI. How you like the AFE? Notice any difference with AFE and ur exhaust setup than just one or the other alone?
Lol yeah same. And then I’ll be stuck trying to sell the Borla Axleback for less.

And I’m a fan. I got it on sale and installed it myself in probably an hour or so (I’m no expert so I was happy about that lol). And the response felt more freed once I got both. I got Exhaust first, then the CAI, and then the tune (which brought it all together).

Personally, once I found out the GM CAI needed a tune I decided against that. Too much hassle for basically equivalent results.

Tags
borla atak, resonator delete, straight pipe, x-pipe delete