Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-20-2017, 01:34 AM   #1
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
My 2016 1SS A8 Build - Currently 690/628 Wheel

I'm getting into the journal game a little late but I thought it would be cool to look back. We are about to make a couple of BIG changes to the car so I want to be able to see how far we've come.

As the title states, I have a 2016 1SS A8. Only options were A8 and NPP which has now been ditched in favor of the Borla S-Type (which I LOVE!). I don't want to go too far back so if anyone has questions about the build leading up to this point, feel free to comment or pm me. Long story short, we had an LT1 engine failure on the dyno on this car and now we run a 377" Late Model Engines forged fi/di set-up with billet rods and gas ported diamond pistons. We are running the LT4 fuel system and the JDP Stage II Heads/Cam package with upgraded Johnson lifters and all the best supporting equipment. At present we run the 2.3 Magnuson Hearbeat and we run methanol via the Alky Control kit. Roto-Fab brings the air in and a VMax ported TB connects to the S/C. This car runs 1 7/8" catted (hollowed) Kooks headers with 2200 degree coating and a Borla cat-back. I've got 4,000 miles on the car with the current mods and I'm loving every second of it. I can't get enough of this car. We ended up at 690 WHP and 628 WTQ at 12 lbs.

We are turning the boost up and adding the needed changes to run E85 here very soon so, i'll be sure to post up results but were expecting to be around 800-825 wheel as some others with my same set-up have. Thanks for reading. I look forward to bringing you more.

FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE www.youtube.com/c/redracervideo
AND ON IG www.instagram.com/redracervideo
Attached Images

Last edited by 1LE801; 12-07-2017 at 09:46 AM.
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
1LE801
"Lohla"

Car went in and got some more boost and corn. We ended up at 772/788 Wheel. Its a beast. I have been fighting going away from 20" DR's but its coming. I tried all weekend to hook and the bust I could manage was 1.609 60'. We did get to a 10.3 @ 135 spinning most of the way through 1st gear.

We could easily add a couple degrees of timing but we aren't really chasing dyno numbers on the build seeing as how the Maggie is coming off and Twins are going in this Winter. I am very much looking forward to seeing how different the car is with a TT setup vs. PD Blower.

I'll keep this updated.....
Old 01-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
1LE801
"Lohla"

We replaced most of the suspension this week. Detroit Speed Coilovers, rear tower brace and BMRs catalogue minus a front strut tower brace and diff bushings. The car also got a pleasant surprise and the Anderson Composites trunk showed up.

Be sure to LIKE if you like the content. Thanks Camaro6!

https://youtu.be/SKHFGVp94ec