Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Walkure

Drives: '17 ZL1 A10 Vert
Positive dealer service experience - Pohanka Chevrolet

Since people only post when they have negative experiences, I thought I'd post a positive experience with a dealer service department.

I brought my 2017 ZL1 convertible into Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly VA. I had three things I wanted done.
Oil/filter change
Fix the ticking noise from the front wheels during turning.
Fix an intermittent issue where the top closes but the dash indicates the top is not secure.

Oil Change - they did everything correct, and refilled the proper amount of oil.
Ticking noise - as soon as I described the problem, the service advisor knew there was a TSB on that and described exactly what needed to be done. When I picked up the car, no more ticking.
Top not secure - they could not duplicate it, but they said it was a known issue with the latch actuators and would replace them as soon as they got the parts in stock.
Complimentary hand car wash - I told them no thanks, and they followed my instructions.

Nobody took my car out joyriding. I checked the odometer before/after and the number went up by 1 mile.
A careful inspection showed no mystery scratches or dings showed up anywhere.
The total time from drop-off to completion was 3 hours.

All in all, a pleasant experience.
Walkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
ShadySS

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS
Glad to hear a good story! All I ever hear about are nightmares and it makes me worry anytime I had to take my car in!
ShadySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
ltcol_king

Drives: 17' 2SS
Great to hear! I too was worried when I went in to Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge, VA this past Friday for my first oil/filter change. However, I received my 10 quarts and double-checked the level at home. GTG. The free WiFi, donuts, coffee, soda, and TV didn't hurt either.
ltcol_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Good stories are always something we want to hear.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #5
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
My Dealer (EMERSON CHEVY-Buick Auburn, Maine) is BY FAR the BEST Dealer that I have EVER done business with. So far they have NAILED it EVERY TIME!!!! With 3 New Chevys in then last 2 Yrs. We have had a lot of Service done. Cant say enough GOOD about them!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #6
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
You're right that people always complain and never give kudos where deserved. I took my car in for an oil change last week and also had a great experience. I was initially scared reviewing my dashcam's footage but it turned out everything went smooth. I'll follow your lead and post something later on.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #7
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Good to hear about good service and good for you for calling it out.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #8
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
When I used to live up that way...I always had good experiences at Pohanka...Good to hear they're still
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #9
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcol_king View Post
Great to hear! I too was worried when I went in to Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge, VA this past Friday for my first oil/filter change. However, I received my 10 quarts and double-checked the level at home. GTG. The free WiFi, donuts, coffee, soda, and TV didn't hurt either.
I'm sure there's more positive experiences out there than negative for sure, but it doesn't hurt to point them out either. Especially if it helps someone else avoid costly future repairs that weren't their fault. It doesn't hurt to double check. Of course, no one's perfect and mistakes do and will happen. Service managers for the most part will go out of their way to make things right from my personal experience. And that's a good thing.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
Vigo

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I really need to find a good dealer in Ny for service. I haven't had any luck getting my car fixed. Any suggestions would be awesome.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #11
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
ALWAYS glad to hear positive experiences like this!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #12
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
I had a few service related experiences at Pohanka that were not so great. I avoid this dealership which is a shame because it's only a few miles from me.

1) I was quoted $250 to change the 305/35/R20 rear & 285/35/R20 front tires on my 5th gen 1LE wheels. I obviously didn't let them do that.

2) I had an oil change done on my 2016 High Country 1500 Silverado and insisted they don't run the car through the automatic car wash. When i got my truck back, it was ran through the wash. They definitely aren't touching my Camaro.

3) They destroy the new cars on their lot. They had a 2015 Z/28 for sale for almost 2 years. I counted 15 door dings and most were deep and removed paint. There was pretty serious paint damage to the front splitter, several scratches, swirl, and clearcoat damage from bird droppings that probably sat for weeks on the car. They had the "minor damage corrected" in their body shop and shipped it to a buyer in California. Not sure if the work done was disclosed.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #13
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
I despise Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge. I have no experience with the service department. I was so disgusted with the sales department that I refuse to go there for service. I ended up traveling quite a distance to get the car I wanted, in-stock with the options I wanted at the price I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote