Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #29
Daily Camaro

Drives: 2017 hyper blue 2.0T manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Geez... Another Canadian Camaro with the same issue. Hopefully your fellow countryman return to update their situations or possible resolutions! I'm starting to think there might be a difference in the Canadian fuel. Maybe a different additive that we don't use down here in Freedomland.
I think your probably right, I remember hearing from a couple of subaru guys that COBB stated the Canadian 91 octane isn't as good as the US 91.
Daily Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #30
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Gotcha you must spy on me using google earth to know my car doesn't have feelings. I think this issue is something in canada not the camaros themselves i mean chicago gets damn cold as well with that lake effect. Worse I've had is a -24 morning last year where it took a little to turnover but did start the first try.
Lake effect generally pertains to snow... Coldest I've ever seen was -27 on the DIC of my 2010 Sierra 2500HD. That was around 5am, but I was at my house in Wisconsin. That happened a few years ago when we started getting 'polar vortex's'. All I know is -27 is f'ing cold.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Lake effect generally pertains to snow... Coldest I've ever seen was -27 on the DIC of my 2010 Sierra 2500HD. That was around 5am, but I was at my house in Wisconsin. That happened a few years ago when we started getting 'polar vortex's'. All I know is -27 is f'ing cold.
No kidding.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #32
Tankman

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0 Turbo
Will monitor the situation this winter, nothing to report .............YET.
Tankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #33
Daily Camaro

Well i had my car in at the dealer, they changed the oil, scanned the car and tried to get the CEL to come on again but couldn't so they did nothing other than reset the CEL. drove the car for about 1-2 weeks now and the CEL came on again right as i was exiting the highway... guess im going to the dealer again...
Old 01-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #34
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
In my own opinion they should be leaving the car outside overnight and view live data right from cold and on startup.p0172 bank 1 is a rich exhaust indication.causes could be -faulty injector-s ,mass air flow, map sensors.one thing that is often overlooked is the coolant temp sensor not the sensor for the temp.guage.this is a serious issue with that amount of oil dilution.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #35
Daily Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
In my own opinion they should be leaving the car outside overnight and view live data right from cold and on startup.p0172 bank 1 is a rich exhaust indication.causes could be -faulty injector-s ,mass air flow, map sensors.one thing that is often overlooked is the coolant temp sensor not the sensor for the temp.guage.this is a serious issue with that amount of oil dilution.
I don't know about for the others but for myself the issue has only occurred after the engine was at normal running temps (after about 30mins on the highway). the CEL has consistently come on right as im exiting the highway specifically on the off ramp. I dont know if leaving it overnight in the cold would effect this situation?
Old 01-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #36
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Not to criticize anyone .Did they tell you the code (s)that were set.?They come on for a reason.You could have a different problem from the guys out west.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #37
Daily Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
Not to criticize anyone .Did they tell you the code (s)that were set.?They come on for a reason.You could have a different problem from the guys out west.
yeah i have P0172 fuel system too rich (the same code as all the others). I don't know exactly when their cars popped the code though as many have stated they only noticed it when they went to remote start the car.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

To much condensation buildup is my theory i may be wrong but the 5th Gen V6s had this same issue in cold temps sometimes.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 01-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #39
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
To much condensation buildup is my theory i may be wrong but the 5th Gen V6s had this same issue in cold temps sometimes.
What? You need to explain, or post a link or something.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 01-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #40
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Camaro View Post
I don't know about for the others but for myself the issue has only occurred after the engine was at normal running temps (after about 30mins on the highway). the CEL has consistently come on right as im exiting the highway specifically on the off ramp. I dont know if leaving it overnight in the cold would effect this situation?
My 2017 just popped this code the other day. No remote start, because I have a manual transmission. I was just looking through the 'freeze frame' data that was captured when the code was set. Was able to view this data via HPT! The 'freeze frame' data states that the code was set 1483 seconds after engine start, which is 24.71 minutes, approximately the same time yours set as well. Guess I'll be checking the oil this week when things warm up some. It's been unusually cold here in Chicago the past couple weeks with below 0F temps over night. My car is also completely bone stock. So, I'm thinking it's a weird tuning glitch, rather than a fuel quality issue. Now that I have the data, I'll be able to cross reference the OE tune against what the car was doing when the code set, and identify if there is a 'hole' in the OE tune.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #41
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
What? You need to explain, or post a link or something.
My V6 and a few other's in the local region club had this similar issue when the temps dropped and rose during the winter months for years. Ours said misfire on cylinder 6 of course dealerships couldn't replicate what a surprise someone actually did the recommended dealership adjustment and replaced all his ignition coils.... it may be tune related but we found alot of water evidence in the oil so we all chalked it up to excessive condensation causing misfire issues. It's clear these cars ingest a ton of condensation through the vacum lines from catch can posts like i said i may be wrong but it happened with the older model 5th gens no reason for me to believe it couldn't be related. No CT i have no images and I'm so waiting for the pushback on that part from our certified chevy technicians...

Old 01-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #42
Daily Camaro

Quote:
My 2017 just popped this code the other day. No remote start, because I have a manual transmission. I was just looking through the 'freeze frame' data that was captured when the code was set. Was able to view this data via HPT! The 'freeze frame' data states that the code was set 1483 seconds after engine start, which is 24.71 minutes, approximately the same time yours set as well. Guess I'll be checking the oil this week when things warm up some. It's been unusually cold here in Chicago the past couple weeks with below 0F temps over night. My car is also completely bone stock. So, I'm thinking it's a weird tuning glitch, rather than a fuel quality issue. Now that I have the data, I'll be able to cross reference the OE tune against what the car was doing when the code set, and identify if there is a 'hole' in the OE tune.
Very interesting, please keep us posted on what you find! I would love to find a way to avoid having this code keep popping up. Gets a little annoying if i have to keep running to the dealership just to get it cleared!