Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 07-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #29
RallyHT

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Conv V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSHYBOY View Post
RallyHT...
I was "tempted" but didn't see how it attached.. Can you post a picture or two of how it attaches? Also; key question as it is not inexpensive... Would you buy it again?

That flat folded package "may" fit under the top when the top is down and not take up more trunk space. I have a California duster that fits next to the top on the drivers side and takes up no extra trunk room.
I bought mine from http://www.shopchevyparts.com/ so it was not as expensive. I also popped for the floor mats.

I will have to let you know once I get my car. I may still be up to two weeks out. I posted instructions to wet your appetite.

Someone is making bank. Do I think it is worth $550 - no way. But right now there is no alternative (that I could find). I spent the $394 and figured it would make the wife happier riding in the car. For these prices, and if the verts sell well, someone will come out with a lower cost alternative.
Attached Images

Order Help on Camaro6
RallyHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #30
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyHT View Post
I bought mine from http://www.shopchevyparts.com/ so it was not as expensive. I also popped for the floor mats.

I will have to let you know once I get my car. I may still be up to two weeks out. I posted instructions to wet your appetite.

Someone is making bank. Do I think it is worth $550 - no way. But right now there is no alternative (that I could find). I spent the $394 and figured it would make the wife happier riding in the car. For these prices, and if the verts sell well, someone will come out with a lower cost alternative.
Interesting that Figure 2 shows a 5th Gen. Not an issue, just interesting.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #31
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Interesting that Figure 2 shows a 5th Gen. Not an issue, just interesting.
Yea, they are charging $500. You would think they would at least update the instructions.

Can't wait to see if it makes much difference.

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-06-2016, 08:32 AM   #32
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyHT View Post
Has anyone else popped for the Windscreen?

If you have not, here is the comparison pictures from the accessories page and actual.

Yes, it folds into quarters. Yes it will take up half of the tiny trunk space.
I have one for my Gen 5. Makes a difference. Scored it on ebay for less than half price, like new. Haven't pulled the trigger on a Gen 6 one.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #33
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperblue16vert View Post
I have one for my Gen 5. Makes a difference. Scored it on ebay for less than half price, like new. Haven't pulled the trigger on a Gen 6 one.
Based on the photos I posted earlier in the thread, does the Gen 5 one look the same? They would not be interchangeable would they? You haven't measured to see if they are similar have you? I would think that with a new platform they wouldn't be interchangeable...but...nah.

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #34
Turbo8u
Motorhead

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...So0GWYCcA8Rtrt

I have 1500 miles on mine, no issues yet.
2002 Chevrolet Quad Cab Duramax
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon BUILT, Supercharged
1969 Camaro FAKE Z28
1968 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
Turbo8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #35
BamaKid

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS, 1977 Camaro
Bought the wind screen before my Hot Rod Power Tour trip. 3000 miles later and I would buy it again. Worked great even at very high speed. Serves two purposes, keeps wind from front and from items on the back seat. It snaps into place into holes that are built into the Camaro. Great accessory that also looks cool.
TPW - 3/14 for 4/18
3400 - 4/1 for TPW 4/11
3800 - 4/11
In Transit - 4/12
4B00 - 4/19, In QC - 4/22, Now Waiting Carrier - 4/22
Shipped - 5/16
Delivered - 5/20!!
BamaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #36
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
I wonder if the ones that light up will work with the 2016 then too. That would be cool.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:33 PM   #37
knappster007

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Here is a picture of mine. Run flats swapped out for Continential Extreme Contact 06 all seasons. Windows tinted with ceramic, max legal tint at 35%. Also did clear ceramic on wind shield for UVA and heat protection. Added new stripes and mud flaps too. Wanted to do the front fascia extension in black, but they told me at the dealer that the database said my RPO code wasn't compatible due to the rear spoiler. Not sure why a convertible SS or rear spoiler would matter. He was probably just reading it wrong.

Overall, 750 miles in and this is easily the best driving, nicest car that I have ever owned. Tight steering, hugs the road, engine makes me smile everytime. Still in the break in period, so treating it carefully.

Wife wanted the wind screen, and I was very skeptical. Got it yesterday and I have to take back all of my negative thoughts. It actually works well. At highway speed only a little wind in the cockpit. Count me shocked.

GM you did well.
Attached Images

Last edited by knappster007; 07-08-2016 at 07:47 PM.
knappster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:28 AM   #38
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by knappster007 View Post
Here is a picture of mine. Run flats swapped out for Continential Extreme Contact 06 all seasons. Windows tinted with ceramic, max legal tint at 35%. Also did clear ceramic on wind shield for UVA and heat protection. Added new stripes and mud flaps too. Wanted to do the front fascia extension in black, but they told me at the dealer that the database said my RPO code wasn't compatible due to the rear spoiler. Not sure why a convertible SS or rear spoiler would matter. He was probably just reading it wrong.

Overall, 750 miles in and this is easily the best driving, nicest car that I have ever owned. Tight steering, hugs the road, engine makes me smile everytime. Still in the break in period, so treating it carefully.

Wife wanted the wind screen, and I was very skeptical. Got it yesterday and I have to take back all of my negative thoughts. It actually works well. At highway speed only a little wind in the cockpit. Count me shocked.

GM you did well.
Car looks great! First yellow vert I have seen.

Good to hear about the windscreen. I will try and confirm the same in the next few days. Picking mine up on Monday.

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #39
SilverConvert

Drives: Silver Ice Convertible SS
Need Help!

Hello to all, hope someone can help me out! Filled tank with gas Friday evening no problems was driving to work Saturday morning and stopped for some Mickey D's and when I restarted my car the engine service light came on and the gas gauge showed empty. I also got a fuel system error message. I have tried disconnecting the neutral battery terminal and resetting the computer, but this has not worked? Other than that I love this car!
Attached Images

SilverConvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #40
j23

Drives: 2SS VERT A8
New in May

Got my convertible in May...She's amazing!!! Colorado sunshine everyday on the road!!!
Attached Images

j23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #41
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverConvert View Post
Hello to all, hope someone can help me out! Filled tank with gas Friday evening no problems was driving to work Saturday morning and stopped for some Mickey D's and when I restarted my car the engine service light came on and the gas gauge showed empty. I also got a fuel system error message. I have tried disconnecting the neutral battery terminal and resetting the computer, but this has not worked? Other than that I love this car!
I love the Rally and the Red interior.

Sorry - I wish I could help on the gas issue. you may want to post that as a separate thread to get some visibility on it.

Order Help on Camaro6
Old 07-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #42
RallyHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Got my convertible in May...She's amazing!!! Colorado sunshine everyday on the road!!!
Great side stripe. Nice to have something to make it unique and tie into those black rims. Enjoy the top down while you can.

Order Help on Camaro6