Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

AWE Tuning

Old 07-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Woodward Dream Cruise

Anyone have parking for the Dream Cruise this year? I went to M1 Roadkill last year, but that was a complete disaster getting in and out. Looking for something between 13 Mile and Birmingham.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Agreed that M1 is an organizational mess. Then again, the Dream Cruise in general is a mess.

If you're looking for a space directly on Woodward between 13 and 15 Mile's that both shows off your car and allows impromptu entry & exit, I'm afraid you're looking for something that really doesn't exist. That's what the wasteland of Pontiac's The Loop is for.

Do you know anyone that owns a business along that strip? That's your best bet to secure a space. Otherwise, the OEM's and suppliers and some car clubs rent business' lots and then hand out entry passes for show cars. Given it's only a month away, your chances of finding an open space is quite slim.

Now, if you're just trying to walk around and look at the cars, there are plenty of places off-Woodward to park.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
Unfortunately the Camaro Corral is not happening this year. @Meissen has posted a nice guide on MI F-Body, hopefully he doesn't mind me quoting it here:

"All - I've received confirmation that unfortunately the Camaro Corral will not be happening for 2017's Woodward Dream Cruise. If you're looking for somewhere to park, I personally would recommend coming up to Kingswood Plaza at Square Lake and Woodward. It's further north, but it's a huge parking lot and you can see the cars cruising to/from the Pontiac Loop. Otherwise, I know that the Metro Detroit Chevrolet Dealers group and a lot of Camaro owners end up parking in Memorial Park, but I don't have any information on that."
Old 08-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #4
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Wow- All these new Camaro's and nobody stepped up.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
I will be heading there Saturday and was wondering if there was going to be somewhere to park also. Guess I'll have to park with my crowd killer friends.
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
There is a Facebook page called Woodward Dream Cruise Parking. They have been posting daily on where spots are still available. I'm parking at Memorial Park, but the due date for that spot to register has passed.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #7
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Too late to be helpful, but the area Chevrolet Dealers have set up parking for vintage Chevrolets, as well as Camaros and Corvettes at Memorial Park, Woodward @ 13 Mile. It is permit only. I found out about it through my membership in Detroit5thGen (which also includes a number of 6th Gens).

So there will be an area for Camaros to park for display, but it is already booked up.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote