Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Squeaky clutch pedal

Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2016 SS with around 23k on my odometer and it has come on the last two thousand miles or so. I have a stock clutch. Also I don’t know if it’s related but around the same time I have had this metallic rattle (it almost sounds like clutch chatter) coming from the left front side of the car around the area of the clutch pedal assembly. The rattle is definitely coming from outside the cabin and comes on at almost exactly 2.5k rpm. It will often go away after warming up. I never noticed this rattle before but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

Any ideas on what the problem is? I would take it to a dealer but I no longer have a power train warranty due to my SC install. A video of the rattle is down below. You’re probably going to have to turn up the volume all the way as it’s kind of difficult to hear over the engine/exhaust noise. I didn’t take a video of the squeeky clutch pedal because I’m guessing everyone knows what that sounds like. Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/M_v6BUof70w

-J-
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
I had the squeaky clutch pedal at under 6000 mi at the time. It wasn't horrible but still annoying to squeak on a newer car. But I sprayed some lithium grease around and haven't had any issue since. But if it squeaks again I'll probably take it to dealer and have them replace or repair.
Just because you have supercharger you still can go to dealer and they shouldn't hassle you on the squeak repair. I'm not sure about the rattle though but I would still have them look maybe they will fix under warranty or can at least tell you what it is.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
can anyone tell me where they sprayed I have tried and must be spaying the wrong spot
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I had it at 5k. I tried to spray the hinge where the spring is up under the dash (pain to get to), but I'm not sure that fixed it for me because it didn't go away immediately.

What I ended up doing was spraying the master cylinder by the rubber booth (accordion looking black rubber thingy). The pic below is not from a Camaro but the setup is similar. You can see it attached to the back of the pedal. Spray that with some white silicone grease. I used white lithium grease, but apparently that's not good for natural rubber in some cases although a lot of people swear by it. It did fix my problem though. But you should get the white silicone grease instead of lithium to be safe. Hopefully this helps you.

It might also help to reference some youtube videos of people solving this very common problem. It happens on a lot of different manual cars. Even high end ones.

torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote