Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2018, 08:58 AM   #99
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Good deal Travis

+1 GM CUSTOMER CARE IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND UNTRUTHFUL WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Btw, Did I say they were a bunch of liars
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #100
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan93 View Post
Glad this worked out for you. When I bought my 18 ZL1 1Le specially ordered brand new I went to pick it up and discovered it had 40 miles on it. Demanded a new car and that made them angry but I ordered it BRAND NEW for a reason. These dealerships are shady!
Cmon guy they come in with miles like that from quality control.

Had one come in with 26 miles and one with over 30.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #101
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
I ordered my H50 2SS from Becky D., she had 5 miles on the odometer. Of it had 40, I wouldn't have taken the car. That's a lot of money to pay for something your not satisfied with. That's why I ordered from her.

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #102
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
Good deal Travis

+1 GM CUSTOMER CARE IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND UNTRUTHFUL WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Btw, Did I say they were a bunch of liars
This is one of the problems with the "independently owned and operated" dealer concept. If you were to talk to the lawyers at GM, they would absolutely not support any of this or walk down this road due to the inherent liability, but with dealerships pretty much free to do what they want and with no real accountability, this kind of **** happens.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #103
dw760

Drives: C3
Last year I ordered a brand new 2017 SS1LE, and it also had corrosion on some of the engine parts and chassis.

This is due to raw aluminum and is pretty normal. I wish the parts where clear coated or anodized from the factory but that's not the case.

I spent a day going over everything you could see with a fine scuff pad and some metal polish. I was pissed but dont feel it was a factory defect or the dealers fault.

I dont feel the dealer has to refund you, but out of good faith should have at least gave you back some of your deposit.

Please let us know how it works out in 45 days, hope its in your favor.

D
dw760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #104
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw760 View Post
Last year I ordered a brand new 2017 SS1LE, and it also had corrosion on some of the engine parts and chassis.

This is due to raw aluminum and is pretty normal. I wish the parts where clear coated or anodized from the factory but that's not the case.

I spent a day going over everything you could see with a fine scuff pad and some metal polish. I was pissed but dont feel it was a factory defect or the dealers fault.

I dont feel the dealer has to refund you, but out of good faith should have at least gave you back some of your deposit.

D
I understand what you're saying. I don't agree that it's normal... maybe common, but not normal. Car's shouldn't normally have this level of corrosion when they're new. And most cars are perfectly fine, including the one I was planning to trade. Something is just going terribly wrong in the manufacturing / shipping process for some of the cars to get in this state.

I'm guessing you didn't read the correspondence log or listen to all of the calls. I understand if you didn't, but I think if you'd comb through it you'd see where the dealer went wrong.

I couldn't have been more clear that the aluminum oxidation was a concern I had going into the deal. I mentioned before making the deposit and no fewer than 10 times before the car arrived. I then asked again point blank after the car arrived. Basically every conversation over the course of two months was centered around this concern. I asked for pictures, and they strategically took pictures that avoided any of the problem areas.

The dealer let me trailer my car for a total of 16 hours and pay for a night in the hotel all for nothing. They wasted a day of my life and then to kick me in the nuts even harder they tried (unsuccessfully) to keep my deposit.

There is no way I'll ever accept a 70K+ new car in this condition. My trade was perfect. I honestly wouldn't have traded them even for my '17 ZL1, much less pay them ~15K difference.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)

Last edited by travislambert; 01-24-2018 at 11:51 AM.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #105
dw760

Drives: C3
All happened during shipping most likely. For example mine had to be transported over a mountain pass to us here in Northern Nevada. Also took a train ride clear across the country to Northern CA first.

It was bad weather at the time. I did listen to your calls, I certainly understand your frustration and Id be pissed also.

This is not a factory defect, its a design flaw IMO by GM not coating these parts with protection.

But the dealer cant control the weather, and you did not have any of this on writing about, they agree to return your deposit if the car had corrosion.

Dont get me wrong I still think the dealer is being a butt head on this, and at least you have your state law on your side.

I hope you get to keep your refund as well !

D
dw760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:02 AM   #106
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
Cmon guy they come in with miles like that from quality control.

Had one come in with 26 miles and one with over 30.
Is it just the ZL1 1LE's with that much mileage from the factory? Are they testing them on the track or something? I picked up my 2016 SS with 4 miles on it
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #107
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
If you saw the car you might feel differently. Like I said, the pictures don't do it justice. Oxidation had started on both the steel and aluminum parts on the entire underside of the car. Entire exhaust, rear diff, suspension components, etc. A year from now this car will look terrible.

You'll have to forgive me for wanting a brand new $73K car to look new instead of 5 years old. If I were simply being "ridiculous" , they wouldn't have immediately hid the car once I mentioned getting more pictures.

Glad to hear we're at least in agreement on the deposit. I paid by Credit Card, and I've already disputed the charge.
it baffles me that people think its any bit ridiculous that you don't want a car that you PAID 73K ALMOST 100 GRAND on a new car that looks like its been driven in snow all winter. what do you do when purchasing a house and you've put earnest money down and the appraisal comes back far less than what the sellers have it listed for? you're supposed to buy the house anyways? the engine bay looks like my 06 Silverado. IMO I think that would bring down the value of the car so why pay for such? not a chance regardless of value.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #108
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Is it just the ZL1 1LE's with that much mileage from the factory? Are they testing them on the track or something? I picked up my 2016 SS with 4 miles on it
My SS came in with 14 on it. Had a regular ZL1 come in with 26. Had a 1le with close to 30 on it. On the other hand I've seen them with 3 miles lol.

I'm not 100% sure how it works but I think some of these cars get driven during quality control. I don't think its on a public street though.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #109
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I wouldn’t accept that on a $30k car let alone an almost $75k car , and what a bunch of scumbags at the dealership,
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #110
redman

Drives: 18 2SS Vert
Build Yer Own

Dude,
You are over the top in being picky about cars. No problem with that, I was the same for years. No car matched my critical needs. What worked was to build my own. Anything from 37Chevy rod to highly finished big block Vette and everything in-between. Go your own way!
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #111
PinHead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
it baffles me that people think its any bit ridiculous that you don't want a car that you PAID 73K ALMOST 100 GRAND on a new car that looks like its been driven in snow all winter. what do you do when purchasing a house and you've put earnest money down and the appraisal comes back far less than what the sellers have it listed for? you're supposed to buy the house anyways? the engine bay looks like my 06 Silverado. IMO I think that would bring down the value of the car so why pay for such? not a chance regardless of value.
+1

Its that same Guy who takes his 70K ZL1 out in the Winter on Salted Roads and parks it outside.

They don't care of losing the "pristine" or collector value of the car. They'll drive it, not change the oil or wax the exterior and trade it in with 50K Salt Basted Miles.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:13 PM   #112
PinHead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
+1

How many other comparative HI PO Cars look like this at time of delivery?

GM should Retrofit these corroded parts, INCLUDING THE ALUMINUM BLOCK (if signs of corrosion are present).

THIS IS A DESIGN/MANUFACTURING FLAW..... DUE TO COST CUTTING.