Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Bells

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue SS
USB ports losing power

The other day I couldn't get android auto to work so I did what I always to do fix that and restarted the car/phone. Didn't work. After investigating I noticed that my phone was connecting, starting to charge, disconnecting, reconnecting, starting to charge, disconnecting... etc. It only connects for ~1.5 seconds, then drops for 1.5 seconds before reconnecting.

I've tried multiple USB cables that all work everywhere else, I think its the USB ports on the car that are dropping, which obviously stops android auto from working. Any one seen this before?

Edit: both ports do the same thing.
Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
EightOSix

Drives: 2016 Camaro - Red Hot
Same thing happens to mine, but not sure if it's my phone or the USB ports. When ever i plug in my iPod touch (5th gen) it happens less frequently. Sometimes is works without problems and sometimes it will cut out while driving.

I had the dealer check on it when ever i took it in for the free oil change but were unable to reproduce it, they did check if there was a firmware update, but no luck either. I just quit fighting it and run it through bluetooth.

Phones I have tried are: 2015 Moto X Pure Edition, Nexus 4 & 5 and the iPod touch.
EightOSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Spazeack

Drives: 2023 2SS1LE
I have this exact same thing happen to me as well. I have seemed to come up with a fix / work around for it. I do not connect the phone to the usb cable until the car is started and running for a minute. If i follow this procedure everything works fine. I don't know if something gets funny when everything is booting up and the phone is already connected. At first i found this really frustrating as it would do it intermetint. Hope this helps.
Spazeack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Current on start up is not smooth and continuous. Starting is a traumatic event for a bike electrical system,Best to keep all devices off, and offline until the batt has smoothed out and bike has idled for 30 sec. The same problem occurs on many boats.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
CNCTORRES

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I've had my share of USB connections issue's and found that replacing the cable has always corrected my issue.
CNCTORRES is offline   Reply With Quote