Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #15
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
I'd go with the darkest blue. That's the one that matches yours. Mines are holding up great. Still looks new and totally worth the money. They're both great for a term investment. It's just up to you if you want the 4 pot or 6 pot.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good. I know I'm getting the 6 piston wilwoods....once I figure the color finally. Wife picked the green. I've always dug blue. Purple was a toss up.

If I don't buy a set of ss calipers by this weekend, I may just get the black and get custom colored calipers down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
...that limerock green would look just mental behind those rims
One other question Powerhouse: are the stock sway bars solid?
It took me and while, but I thought the same about the lime rock green too.

The stock bars HAVE to be hollow. I didnt cut em to check, but they are really light for what they are. Not to mention VERY SMALL.

Theres a lotta stuff the LT models lack suspension wise. A huge one to note is the stock aluminum v brace/subframe brace. Also trying to see if that can be added.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #16
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Let me know if you need a second help. I'm glad to help

Old 04-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #17
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
Let me know if you need a second help. I'm glad to help

Def appreciate it, Uce! Will let ya know when i get em. Decided not to rush the 4 piston and just go for the original plan. Do it once and do it right, ya know.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 05-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #18
PolynesianPowerhouse

Catchin up on some stuff. Added the BMR adjustable rear endlinks. the first go around, I installed em without washers. the directions didn't call for one on the lower bolt, but I wasn't sure inside or outside, and the pics were kinda ehh... I didn't wanna install em in the wrong place. so I threw caution to the wind.

so I tried to mimic what I saw and beat daylight since I do most work afterwork at home.

So the next day I learned where they went. the hard way.

so needless to say, the outside of the lower bushing, NEEDS the washer. then one washer on both sides of the actual swaybar. Big thanx for BMR being able to overnight be a bushing to get here by Sat on a Thursday call. live and ya learn...

and lastly, very good investments if you plan to do anything automotively competitive, where frequent jack work is required. ZL1 addons are worth the hype.

Hopefully the 4 piston brembos arrive this weekend. still toying with getting the stainless lines, prob will in the end no doubt.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #19
PolynesianPowerhouse

Finally upgraded. Learned quite a bit about pads and "thermal containment" in the past few weeks. I figured this way, I can paint em whatever color and change when I get bored. picked these up for a fraction of the wilwoods I planned on. Finally just priced it out and thought, I traded in a set of wilwoods on the Charger cause I didn't wanna bother with removal and install the stock stuff. 2000$ gone. Sold the last set I paid 2100$ for just 700$. So lets try a different route this go around.

So for the price of powdercoating, I went from

To this:

and thankfully being only 345mm, its less than the 355.6mm I was planning for with the wildwood 14 inch rotor, it fit the Apex PS-7's nicely.

Forgot to weigh out the stock calipers. will get back to em in a few days, but these are only 13.2lbs loaded.

next brake endeavor is to move up to the Racing Brake 2 piece rotors, and try a few pads changes.

Side note, and somewhat of a short review over the last 200 miles. I've driven an SS before. brakes were good, but it is a heavier more powerful car.

Now that I basically have SS brakes (LT 4 pistons still come with a 12.6 rotor. currently I have the 4 pistons with 13.6 rotors). These are pretty stout. not gonna lie, the performance comparison I can equate is that they run and stop about the same as the Wilwood BP-10 pads that normally come stock with most Aero6 piston front kits. Granted I ran the BP-20 for daily, and the Polymatrix E on AutoX and track. I'm sure there's some compounds out there that will equal the E pads I'm used to. Looking at this OPTIMISTICALLY as possible. but I'm actually content braking wise right now. Things may change once I start getting more "brody" in the car. And I know the stock lines are "LOW EXPANSION".... but I wanna see what "no expansion feels like, so I prob will be upgrading in the next week or so.

And for anyone who will be doing their own brake work.... I highly recommend this:

I went through just under 1 Liter of ATE Type 200 amber brake fluid. heard about the discontinuation of the ATE Blue.... not sure really whats up with that gimmick, but the fluid that came out, was the color of maple syrup. So yes, I overheated and prob burned some fluid last year at AutoX. was EXTREMELY easy to tell once the ATE came though with the lighter color.

I went with the Motive Powerbleeder in black label this time around. I gave away my last 2, this one with the machined and anodized aluminum cap, I figure i'll keep for a while. and I can also bleed the wifes Nissan too (part of the deal for buying it happy wife, happy life, right?)

The Collector bottle is also top notch....not sure why I never got this before, but its WAYYYY better than the local "sperm/pee sample cup" sized offerings at most auto stores. also cleaned em both with denatured alcohol afterwards. Sittin pretty right now.

Next short term goals:

-Stainless Brake lines via Phastek
-Front 1LE lower spherical bearing links
-1LE Splitter
-Racing Brake 2 piece rotors

Old 06-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #20
PolynesianPowerhouse

Well I've decided to hold off, if not nix the stainless brake lines. there may be a time I'll add em, but for now, the braking is awesome with the upgraded calipers and 13.6 rotors. Was toying with finding a color to deal with the black wheels, and since I don't wash it as methodically as others, I've coined the term "ashy tires" as the current look. but hopefully the calipers draw eyes away for a sec.

Also got around to the air filter.... oddly enough local stores, autozone, advance auto, salvo, napa.... no one carries a simple cabin air filter. 2018's are about to come out and still no local support, but rock auto to the rescue. 10$ beats 30$ at the dealer. just a heads up if you go to a dealer for the part.

Newest project to take on, be bold and cut into the stock hood. Not really that big an issue, but there's a post about adding vents to the stock LT hoods. kinda died, but by sunday, i'll have a how to on what to do. drawing up the templates while watching street outlaws tonight.

and also finally found the 1LE splitter. or the GM Parts splitter for the LT... I dunno. I wouldn't have minded to get it from ACS, but the shipping is killer to where its literally 600$ but when you can find it local for a bit over 4. Guess its good for those in Canada. I just try to support all the vendors at one point or another. if it wasn't for them, we'd have no aftermarket.

Now searching towards the suspension again. want to upgrade to some FE3 components, namely the shocks, since they should be a stiffer rebound. maybe the springs as well. still waiting on DSSV.

Some info for future use. Spring Rates for the V6.

OEM V6 Front: 124 lbs/inch (Linear) OEM V6 Rear: 467 lbs/inch (Linear)
Eibach Front: 143-164 lbs/inch (Progressive) Eibach Rear: 228-691 lbs/inch (Progressive)
OEM SS Front: 137 lbs/inch (Linear) OEM SS Rear: 577 lbs/inch (Linear) Credit: F1FTY http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...89&postcount=1
OEM 1LE Front: 178 lbs/in (Linear) OEM 1LE Rear: 539 lbs/in (Linear) Credit: F1FTY http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...89&postcount=1

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 06-08-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:13 PM   #21
PolynesianPowerhouse

Few weeks later. A bit over half way done on the trans cooler to add the OEM. just need a few more parts.

Spent a weekend Adding SS hood vents to the LT. easy task. the LT hoods actually already have the cutouts in the hood and the hood liner. simple small task to increase efficiency of letting out heat.

HOW TO: SS Hood vent retrofit into LT Hood

Been doing research and found the part numbers for the V6 1LE springs and shocks. so far the rear springs have came in.

will be getting the rest in the next week or two, along with the FE4 front lower control links. I figure to run the 1LE V6 suspension until the FEA suspension is available and I can then upgrade to the multimatic DSSV's.

Finally got back out to an autoX event as well!!!

Most importantly hsd to get one of these done

Good times out with Danny Kao, Zach (FNxR3DNECK), and George (ItSSlow). Both Zach and George have SS 1LE's, Danny has an SS and ALL have been helpful with questions and just being out there. kinda cool and helpful when you can bounce ideas off those with the same cars.

getting prepped for the july 16th one as well.

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 06-30-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #22
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Few weeks later. A bit over half way done on the trans cooler to add the OEM. just need a few more parts.

Spent a weekend Adding SS hood vents to the LT. easy task. the LT hoods actually already have the cutouts in the hood and the hood liner. simple small task to increase efficiency of letting out heat.

HOW TO: SS Hood vent retrofit into LT Hood

Been doing research and found the part numbers for the V6 1LE springs and shocks. so far the rear springs have came in.

will be getting the rest in the next week or two, along with the FE4 front lower control links. I figure to run the 1LE V6 suspension until the FEA suspension is available and I can then upgrade to the multimatic DSSV's.

Finally got back out to an autoX event as well!!!

Most importantly hsd to get one of these done

Good times out with Danny Kao, Zach (FNxR3DNECK), and George (ItSSlow). Both Zach and George have SS 1LE's, Danny has an SS and ALL have been helpful with questions and just being out there. kinda cool and helpful when you can bounce ideas off those with the same cars.

getting prepped for the july 16th one as well.
Looks good

Would you mind posting the 1LE part numbers? Thanks in advance.
Chez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:21 PM   #23
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chwz View Post
Looks good

Would you mind posting the 1LE part numbers? Thanks in advance.
notta prob.

Springs:

1LE
Front: 84186922
Rear: 84010830

Shocks:

23382416 Shock Absorber CAMARO; W/O VARIABLE DAMPING; W/SPORT SUSPENSION; LEFT
84084730 Shock Absorber CAMARO; W/O VARIABLE DAMPING; W/SPORT SUSPENSION; RIGHT

Old 12-28-2017, 08:46 PM   #24
PolynesianPowerhouse

Hell of a Fall and into winter. Nearing the 50K mark now in less than 2 years (5 months shy)

Started a New Catch can project. Running the E2-X from Elite Engineering for a while now inline with the Mishimoto can. granted there were NO kits made for the v6 from mishimoto, but a few of us fabbed up something to work. thing is, it didn't address the PCV dirty and clean sides. Ran in one configuration, and now a reverse to see which can is doing what and how much is getting by each can.

Periodic Updates On Catch Can Results

theres not a lot of answers on the forums for V6 stuff, so rather than run off of hearsay, i'd rather do the testing and see for myself. Considering I put a decent amount of miles, be it drag/AutoX, daily driving, and road trips on the car, I've been able to get a decent amount of results in a relatively short amount of time. I guess in another 2-4 years it will be time to move on, or look into a new engine and trans

Maintainence has been a priority. especially with the testing and getting to as many AutoX and drag events in the final parts of the year. turned out I learned a lot about the car and its limits, and what can still be had.

Whittled down the old 13.539 to a 13.462! I know its not crazy into 11's and lower, but its me improving over last year, and actually having power that was being wasted. #SpinninAintWinnin

Latest oil analysis came back with good news!

Front Chin Spoiler from GM did have a small discussion with a cat on the way to the Track the last time this year. still in suspension on whether to replace it or just leave it patched "ratrod" style as I did. Never wanted to have a show car, so still trying to decide is it worth it....

AutoX this year was a blast, and got to bring out a few local friends who have some high HP Camaros some ride alongs.

And between the new Fanatec CSL Elite and V3 pedals setup I got for GT Sport for my B-day, I've been spending FREE time reading up on the classics:

Still have the Moreno Motorsport Camber plates to be updated then installed, Cradle Braces and Lockout kit from BMR. shooting to pick up a few more goodies that put things on a 1LE level if not a bit higher by spring.

Figured to do an update so I can look back on goals achieved and goals to set in the future! been about 5 months.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #25
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Awesome buddy I enjoyed reading your last few posts!

How much of an improvement did the suspension make in autox times?!

And which oil was your UOA for? Im waiting on Blackstone results to come back to me for GM full syn dexos 5w30! And currently running shell Rotella T6 0w40 and an M1 filter. Mostly looking forward to a UOA of the Rotella T6 oil and how it does in the LTG in the winter.

Gonna go read into your catch can thread now!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #26
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorymick View Post
Awesome buddy I enjoyed reading your last few posts!

How much of an improvement did the suspension make in autox times?!

And which oil was your UOA for? Im waiting on Blackstone results to come back to me for GM full syn dexos 5w30! And currently running shell Rotella T6 0w40 and an M1 filter. Mostly looking forward to a UOA of the Rotella T6 oil and how it does in the LTG in the winter.

Gonna go read into your catch can thread now!
Def appreciate it!

AutoX times, kinda hard to fully gauge (only because WDCR group, I run with is wayyy competitive. so each event they change the track layout. rarely ever will see the same layout unless they have an event, and then a school the next day), but I've been pushing 1g in most of the vids this year. I can say the car is more stable, planted, consistent and more confidence in hitting turns harder this year.

as for the track, the previous year the first time I went out in decades, the car was at 14's all day long, removed some trunk weight, added the suspension, and axle backs and ran 13'5s and 13'6s all day long in a higher DA actually.

The UOA was for an oil I've been using for over 300k now in cars. I know a lot of the oil experts on forums, will <--- Do that, but its BND Automotive Quantum Blue oil (no dyes or coloring, just great base stocks and good quality additives). they do custom blends depending on your oil analysis, engine specs, and use. I read about em long ago in 2005 in a super chevy magazine for a crate z06 test. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/050...te-motor-test/ they are REALLY active on the Charger Based LX and LY forums.

Been using em through the 2007 Charger (244k miles in 6 years), 2013 Camaro (100k in 2 years), and this Camaro (49k as of today in 1.5 years). I run all of their lubricants from diff fluid, to oil, to coolant and trans fluid when I get the opportunity. never let me down, and I've always had an oil analysis to back it up. I don't mention it much, due to some on forums know everything, but never had any experience with it and will down play it. but I'll use it as long as it holds up to my goals and gives proof on the analysis. best part is, I can always have em change the oil to meet any engine needs or upcoming events. I also run their oil filters engine wise.

how has the 0-40 felt to ya switching from the 5w30 so far? the rotella brand around here locally has been hard to find. or usually when I find it, its been the wrong weights. wanted to try that in the wifes car.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #27
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Def appreciate it!

AutoX times, kinda hard to fully gauge (only because WDCR group, I run with is wayyy competitive. so each event they change the track layout. rarely ever will see the same layout unless they have an event, and then a school the next day), but I've been pushing 1g in most of the vids this year. I can say the car is more stable, planted, consistent and more confidence in hitting turns harder this year.

as for the track, the previous year the first time I went out in decades, the car was at 14's all day long, removed some trunk weight, added the suspension, and axle backs and ran 13'5s and 13'6s all day long in a higher DA actually.

The UOA was for an oil I've been using for over 300k now in cars. I know a lot of the oil experts on forums, will <--- Do that, but its BND Automotive Quantum Blue oil (no dyes or coloring, just great base stocks and good quality additives). they do custom blends depending on your oil analysis, engine specs, and use. I read about em long ago in 2005 in a super chevy magazine for a crate z06 test. http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/050...te-motor-test/ they are REALLY active on the Charger Based LX and LY forums.

Been using em through the 2007 Charger (244k miles in 6 years), 2013 Camaro (100k in 2 years), and this Camaro (49k as of today in 1.5 years). I run all of their lubricants from diff fluid, to oil, to coolant and trans fluid when I get the opportunity. never let me down, and I've always had an oil analysis to back it up. I don't mention it much, due to some on forums know everything, but never had any experience with it and will down play it. but I'll use it as long as it holds up to my goals and gives proof on the analysis. best part is, I can always have em change the oil to meet any engine needs or upcoming events. I also run their oil filters engine wise.

how has the 0-40 felt to ya switching from the 5w30 so far? the rotella brand around here locally has been hard to find. or usually when I find it, its been the wrong weights. wanted to try that in the wifes car.

Dang man I can't believe this is the first time I've seen your thread in here! Very good read haha I'm already gearing up for next year's AutoX season, I have a new set of 19" wheels waiting for some 305/19 RE71Rs to be put on them for the first event in the spring! I plan to get out to WAY more events this year than last year to really get a good amount of seat time in to hopefully up my game in our SCCA events! So keep a look out at all of the other local groups (PCA, BMW Club, Autocrossers inc, Capital Driving Club) for events, I hope to have something just about every weekend if I can afford it haha Can't to get back at it with you bro!
Old 03-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #28
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Dang man I can't believe this is the first time I've seen your thread in here! Very good read haha I'm already gearing up for next year's AutoX season, I have a new set of 19" wheels waiting for some 305/19 RE71Rs to be put on them for the first event in the spring! I plan to get out to WAY more events this year than last year to really get a good amount of seat time in to hopefully up my game in our SCCA events! So keep a look out at all of the other local groups (PCA, BMW Club, Autocrossers inc, Capital Driving Club) for events, I hope to have something just about every weekend if I can afford it haha Can't to get back at it with you bro!
only 3 weeks to go before the schools the first of April

sadly i haven't done much mechanically. been reading and watching a lot of vids/tuning lessons for hp tuners. haven licensed it yet, but just did a read and been looking around what's in there, and some data logs. trying to see what its doing here and there. waiting to get the wideband setup before any tuning goes down.

I'll have something together though for the first few events though. ill run it as its been if need be. def appreciate the brake help as well. I'm half way there with parts. left side only.