Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-27-2017, 05:33 AM   #29
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
not a 1LE but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
, mine had grease on the inside chamfer from the factory
So did mine (5/17 build), and no clicking issues here.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #30
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Can we get a MOD to sticky this thread? I have had to reference this fix thread several times over the past few months to people looking to fix the clicking.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #31
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Can we get a MOD to sticky this thread? I have had to reference this fix thread several times over the past few months to people looking to fix the clicking.
https://youtu.be/1pqRAarAew8
https://youtu.be/np8xaoq9XZc

Are these the same noises in this fix? If so, I second that as I've seen a lot of people asking about/for it. This is my car. I have it at a dealer currently, however, they will not perform this fix. I'll have to do it myself, if that is indeed the same noise.
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:02 PM   #32
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_blue_2ss_camaro View Post
https://youtu.be/1pqRAarAew8
https://youtu.be/np8xaoq9XZc

Are these the same noises in this fix? If so, I second that as I've seen a lot of people asking about/for it. This is my car. I have it at a dealer currently, however, they will not perform this fix. I'll have to do it myself, if that is indeed the same noise.
I can't really hear in your video, but if its the same as the ticking noise you can hear when I turn left in this video then yes.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #33
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
I can't really hear in your video, but if its the same as the ticking noise you can hear when I turn left in this video then yes.

It's similar, but yours sounds a little deeper in tone. Mine is like a high pitched clicking. It's easier to hear in the second video when the car is sitting still:

Just turn it up a bit and listen when the wheel is turning, both inside and watch the tire when the camera is outside the vehicle. I've never tracked it. Only a daily.

EDIT: on the Camaro 6th Generation Facebook group a helpful person by the name of Glen told me it was PL 1498C Labor operation 8080168, so if anyone hears this same noise, I believe this is the TSB to fix it.

Last edited by hyper_blue_2ss_camaro; 11-09-2017 at 09:11 AM.
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:05 AM   #34
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
It's similar, but yours sounds a little deeper in tone. Mine is like a high pitched clicking. It's easier to hear in the second video when the car is sitting still:

Just turn it up a bit and listen when the wheel is turning, both inside and watch the tire when the camera is outside the vehicle. I've never tracked it. Only a daily.

EDIT: on the Camaro 6th Generation Facebook group a helpful person by the name of Glen told me it was PL 1498C Labor operation 8080168, so if anyone hears this same noise, I believe this is the TSB to fix it.
That sounds like what I had. My clicking was simply louder because I was AutoXing. I never tried turning my wheels at a stop to get the noise, but it sound just like that when I am turning the car. The outer wheel would click as if a twig was stuck in the wheel spokes.

I have no way of seeing what that TSB is, but you should be aware if you have the same issue my car did there is a TSB that only temporarily fixes the issue and it returns after a few weeks. They simply clean the corrosion off the mating surface, but they don't coat it with anything to prevent the corrosion from returning. The corrosion is somehow the source of the clicking noise.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #35
IrishCoffee

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I had the ticking too. I torqued my lugs but it only took a few days to return. After I removed my wheels to change the brake fluid, then put them back on and retorqued, the noise hasn't returned and it's been a couple months. I didnt clean anything or do anything otherwise.
IrishCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #36
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I didn't have this noise until I installed spacers on the rear wheels. Bah
Removed the 3mm spacers, clicking stayed, did the TSB, noise went away.

Put in 5mm spacers and the clicking returned. Then applied a thin layer of anti seize and noise went away. Thanks OP
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #37
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Quote:

I have the same issue when turning the wheel with the car sitting still! Thanks for the TSB reference
Old 12-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
2farwest

Drives: 2017 1le
does anyone have the TSB number?
2farwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #39
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
This is just an idea. Has anyone thought of maybe swapping out the stock wheel studs for some ARP studs and upgrading the lugs to something better, like Gorilla lugs? That might fix all of this fiasco. Just a thought.
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:28 AM   #40
Tommy G

Drives: 18 1LE/1SS, 08 G8 GT, 13 GTI
I put a set of locking Gorilla lugs on mine. Could not, no matter what, get the ticking to go away. After reinstalling the factory lugs, no more noise.

I'm curious if anyone has had the noise with aftermarket wheels?
Tommy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #41
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
This is just an idea. Has anyone thought of maybe swapping out the stock wheel studs for some ARP studs and upgrading the lugs to something better, like Gorilla lugs? That might fix all of this fiasco. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy G View Post
I put a set of locking Gorilla lugs on mine. Could not, no matter what, get the ticking to go away. After reinstalling the factory lugs, no more noise.

I'm curious if anyone has had the noise with aftermarket wheels?
Guys please read the first post. This is all fixed with adding a grease of some sort to the hub and wheel mating surface. I still haven't seen a single person to try this that claimed it didn't work.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #42
Tommy G

Drives: 18 1LE/1SS, 08 G8 GT, 13 GTI
Quote:
Guys please read the first post. This is all fixed with adding a grease of some sort to the hub and wheel mating surface. I still haven't seen a single person to try this that claimed it didn't work.

I did. I was trying to add to the subject. Some aftermarket lugs (like the one I got) might be the cause of the issue as well. After torque/retorque, light grease or heavy grease of the aftermarket lugs I still had the noise. With no other changes, I reinstalled the OE lugs and the clicking stopped. Anecdotal evidence, I would agree, but it worked for me.
Tommy G is offline   Reply With Quote