Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
DetroitBadboy
Just a guy enjoying t

Drives: Chevy camaro lt
Send a message via AIM to DetroitBadboy Send a message via MSN to DetroitBadboy Send a message via Yahoo to DetroitBadboy
V6 starting without radio and center console

I'm trying to figure out if I should or can start my car with radio, center console, and door panels off. I'm in the middle of a complete interior overhaul and are moving and need to get the car from one garage to another roughly 2 miles. I just don't want to inadvertently cause any issues. I'm having it tuned when I'm done so I know I'm gonna have a couple things I'm gonna have to have reset when I'm done. Any help or clarification would help greatly
DetroitBadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
You should be fine starting without center console , radio and door panels.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
moezer

Drives: Camaro ss
Pull the fuses and nothing should go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #4
DetroitBadboy
Just a guy enjoying t

Send a message via AIM to DetroitBadboy Send a message via MSN to DetroitBadboy Send a message via Yahoo to DetroitBadboy
Thanks I will pull fuses to be safe. I was worried about alarm and center controls setting of a chain reaction of false code and shutting car down.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:22 PM   #5
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
You can start it without the radio and center console and door panels.

Shouldn’t be a problem at all.
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:50 PM   #6
DetroitBadboy
Just a guy enjoying t

Thanks for the help I appreciate it very much
Old 08-08-2021, 11:05 AM   #7
DetroitBadboy
Just a guy enjoying t

Well yesterday I went ahead pulled the correct fuses double checked and triple checked. I made sure battery was at full charge and nothing. The anit theft light came on and wouldn't go off and won't start. I tried every single thing suggested from key into door lock to key in ignition turn to on with key let sit 10 min and 30 minutes, depending on the thread you follow. No matter the amount of time light wont blink, doesn't shut off unless the key is out. I triple checked the key fobs and the batteries all is fine. Keys turn alarm on and off no problem unlock and pop trunk as well. I'm really not wanting to tow this to shop to get raped but at this point I'm at a loss. I have literally tried all 3 or 4 ways to reset (again depending on what thread you read) and nothing changed. All the fuses are fine the ignition and key appear to be fine.. Any other trick or something I missed please feel free. That being said. I've already tried the suggestions and guidelines that I've found on here and with GM as well. But if by chance there is something I can do I'd appreciate the help. Was contemplating buying a tuner and just shutting it down internally but wasn't sure which one to purchase
Old 08-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #8
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Is it an auto? Does the shift lock have to be in place in order to start it? Idk? Just a thought there.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starting no radio