Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2015, 10:19 AM   #29
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Just give both keys in trade don't be stingy. That's kinda weird anyways wouldn't want someone else having the key to a car I just bought
Old 05-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #30
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
They will spit on the hood of the car and tell you to get off the lot right away...you better have that second key or else
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #31
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Some dealers just give you one key so you have to spend more money to get a spare. Dealers do a lot of things to squeak out some extra coin. Some take out floor mats and try to sell you new ones. If I were selling privately I would give the buyer the extra key.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #32
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
take a picture of your car and give them both keys.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #33
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
i think that's enough internet for today...
+1
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #34
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
What?

I agree with kaboom. What's the point of keeping the key? Maybe I missed that part???
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #35
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr View Post
I agree with kaboom. What's the point of keeping the key? Maybe I missed that part???
He's having sexual relations with it. I hope u understand
Old 05-14-2015, 02:21 AM   #36
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
When they ask for the 2nd key, get all nervous and begin sweating profusely. Get butterflies in your stomach, when they ask again, throw up all over the floor in front of them and run out to your car and drive away. They'll never bother anyone else about 2 keys again.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #37
Mityguy

Drives: 2018 Hyperblue Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Tell them you took the CAR in for the RECALL KEY FOB FIX, and they only gave you Back ONE Key. You didn't question it thinking that was apart of the recal!
I like that idea, when I went for my Cobalt Recall I only got one key back.
Mityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #38
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlem View Post
When they ask for the 2nd key, get all nervous and begin sweating profusely. Get butterflies in your stomach, when they ask again, throw up all over the floor in front of them and run out to your car and drive away. They'll never bother anyone else about 2 keys again.
lol this works too
Old 05-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #39
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
You should take all the foam out of the seats and replace it with dirty laundry.
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #40
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
A dealership will charge you big bucks to replace a key, to fix a ding/ scratch on your car, to perform a repair, or to get a part for you. However, it COSTS the dealer practically nothing for any of that. They'll CHARGE you $80/ hour for a repair, while paying some chump $12 to do the work. The $200 key cost then $3 (that's not verifiable statement of fact, I'm just sayin').

When you trade your car in, the dings, dents, missing keys, or lack of a radio knob won't matter one half of a shrew shit to them... they'll recondition it in a way that would have cost YOU $1000, but will cost them $70. I've traded in cars with many thousands of dollars worth of damage/ repair required, but the dealership has given me full Blue Book, as though it had no damage.

If the other key holds sentimental value, I say keep the thing... nobody will care, nobody will reduce your trade- in value. And besides, that way, if things go to hell at the dealership, you can still get back in your car and drive it away...

(When I was young and dumb, I was perusing a car lot. They wanted my car key so they could appraise my vehicle. When it was time for me to go home (after not finding any car I wanted), they, oops, sorry, couldn't find my key (it was a cheap- ass used- car salesman tactic to keep me on the lot until I bought one of their cars). I'm not real passive in situations like that, and selected the tactic of yelling, cursing, and raising all manner of hell until they "found" my f'n key. What a miracle! But... woulda been nicer if I'd simply had a spare key on me. Doesn't really apply to Camaro keys, as I don't think anybody will drive away without the expensive Camaro key, but, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it).
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote