Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #57
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccss713 View Post
The originals for mine were 13581558......

Anyway, I would recommend just buying one of them first to test. Sync it up to the car (using the $10 tool also found on amazon). Then drive for 40 minutes and see if it drops off. If you can get it to reconnect by vigorously shaking the sensor, then you know it is safe to get it installed in your tire. Just a tip to avoid wasting time or money mounting tires for no reason. I'm lucky enough to have a manual tire changer in my basement so I changed the sensors myself.
I did just this. All of them reactivate by shaking also part number I bought is 13581558 and thats even on them. I feel closer to success.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 06-27-2021 at 10:14 AM.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:34 PM   #58
CJCollins

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Omg finding this forum has been a blessing!!!! Let me start off by saying I have bought 4 tpms sensors to fix this ****** tire and try to clear that dang tpms warning light. I first bought the ACDelco 13598772 and had that installed in the tire and after much horn beeping later I finally got it to pair and drove around a little bit and then the service tpms light came back on.... So I tried it again and same exact thing seemed like the same timing too. Figured it was maybe a dud and bought a second one, this time I put it in a pressurized pipe to make sure it would work before doing the run around for the tire again and same thing.... So now I figure maybe those were old stock and maybe not official OEM so I buy another one on Rock Auto and same thing again.... Tired and distressed I wanted to give up but I am stubborn and pressed on. I did some more research on google and found out the rear view mirror backup camera things sometimes can mess with the signal so I unplug that to try and narrow it down and nope nothing, did more research and found out that sometimes those ezpass transponder things can interfere so I try that and same ****** thing. I then bought a 3rd party generic sensor and still the issue persisted except I didnt know that the sensors go into a sleep state after awhile so you need to bang them so my pipe setup never would have worked. And then I by some miracle found this fourm and others that were having the SAME exact issue after yalls success with the Roadfar 3598771 tpms I bought 2 of them and paired em and left them on the passenger seat, drove a bit and they disappeared and then I banged on them a bit and the unimaginable happened! THEY SHOWED BACK UP!!!! Now I just have to get them mounted in the tires now that I have confirmed they work. Thank you SOOOOO much to all of you in this forum you don't even know how frustrating this whole thing has been trying to get a simple sensor to stay paired.... Also huge tip if you pull the horn fuse while doing the learning process you wont be having your neighbors all staring out the window wonder what all the beeping is about I literally made an account on here to write this btw hahahaha
CJCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:49 AM   #59
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I just bought a set of 4 of those Roadfars and received them a couple days ago, thanks to this thread. Mounting my new wheels and tires soon so hopefully that works for me.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #60
Demolino

Drives: 2010 camaro
The sensors are still working after 500 miles. Went to clean my wheels and noticed the shop used the old stems and just screwed the new electronic component on. Kinda peeved. Be aware out there. Old stem reuse can be dangerous. I'm debating on going back there to give them a yelling. Just when I thought the tpms situation was over. Good grief.
Demolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #61
ccss713

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCollins View Post
Omg finding this forum has been a blessing!!!! Let me start off by saying I have bought 4 tpms sensors to fix this ****** tire and try to clear that dang tpms warning light. I first bought the ACDelco 13598772 and had that installed in the tire and after much horn beeping later I finally got it to pair and drove around a little bit and then the service tpms light came back on.... So I tried it again and same exact thing seemed like the same timing too. Figured it was maybe a dud and bought a second one, this time I put it in a pressurized pipe to make sure it would work before doing the run around for the tire again and same thing.... So now I figure maybe those were old stock and maybe not official OEM so I buy another one on Rock Auto and same thing again.... Tired and distressed I wanted to give up but I am stubborn and pressed on. I did some more research on google and found out the rear view mirror backup camera things sometimes can mess with the signal so I unplug that to try and narrow it down and nope nothing, did more research and found out that sometimes those ezpass transponder things can interfere so I try that and same ****** thing. I then bought a 3rd party generic sensor and still the issue persisted except I didnt know that the sensors go into a sleep state after awhile so you need to bang them so my pipe setup never would have worked. And then I by some miracle found this fourm and others that were having the SAME exact issue after yalls success with the Roadfar 3598771 tpms I bought 2 of them and paired em and left them on the passenger seat, drove a bit and they disappeared and then I banged on them a bit and the unimaginable happened! THEY SHOWED BACK UP!!!! Now I just have to get them mounted in the tires now that I have confirmed they work. Thank you SOOOOO much to all of you in this forum you don't even know how frustrating this whole thing has been trying to get a simple sensor to stay paired.... Also huge tip if you pull the horn fuse while doing the learning process you wont be having your neighbors all staring out the window wonder what all the beeping is about I literally made an account on here to write this btw hahahaha
Haha, I know the feeling. I'm really glad to help so others do not have to go through all the lengths I did. Congrats on getting it fixed! Hopefully these sensors or other working ones will continue to be available.
ccss713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #62
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccss713 View Post
Haha, I know the feeling. I'm really glad to help so others do not have to go through all the lengths I did. Congrats on getting it fixed! Hopefully these sensors or other working ones will continue to be available.
If not you can remove and replace battery and repot the backs.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 07-03-2021 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:02 PM   #63
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Just a little update...the Roadfars are working great for me so far. The tire guy activated them with no issues and they have stayed synced since I had them installed last Wednesday. I haven't checked accuracy yet.

Good deal though. $40 on Amazon for a set of four. No more TPMS light on the dash. Very good deal indeed. Hopefully the batteries last.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:10 PM   #64
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
I haven't been in these forums for years and had a hard time logging in. I got new tires and new tpms for my 2010 and had issues until I bought the tpms relearn tool from amazon. They have on ebay too for 5 bucks. Sorry if it's been mentioned already.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:03 PM   #65
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

I have a feeling this thread is going to pop up a lot as 2010's and perhaps some 2011's tpms begin to fail ( I know of 2 2011's )

Anyways I have successfully tested using the shake to reactivate test method.
2 other sets of tpms's

They will be installed in the 2 2011s I mentioned.

Gussin TPMS002A AND TPMS002B both work with the shake to reactivate method

Old 10-09-2023, 05:24 PM   #66
2010 Camaro Kooks

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
You don't have anything else that might be giving off interference around the dash, do you ? In my case, I found that my radar detector screws with the tpms . Idk why they decided to relocate that module from beneath the trunk carpet, where it's worked fine for years, to right under the dash, where people might have electronics running... I've seen people have tpms issues with aftermarket radios with GPS too.
I have a 2010 SS Camaro. I just upgraded to a Valentine 1 Gen 2 radar detector (2023) that causes my DIC to display TPMS System Malfunction. Won't relearn unless I turn off the V1. Always the RR tire sensor. ????
2010 Camaro Kooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 03:38 PM   #67
LarryD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Manual Trans
Re-activating my thread. I did install new supposedly correct sensors but they never worked. I picked up a set from EBay that had the same part number as the factory originals. I put them in a pipe and pressurized them. They did work correctly so I put the pipe in the trunk. That worked great up until the last couple of weeks and now one has failed again. I assume that is because the original part ones even if sittng on the shelf somewhere have batteries that are going bad. I have absolutely had it with the TPMS system with dead batteries and incompatibility. Has anyone found a way to get rid of the system easily along with the DIC error message?
LarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 04:56 PM   #68
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
Re-activating my thread. I did install new supposedly correct sensors but they never worked. I picked up a set from EBay that had the same part number as the factory originals. I put them in a pipe and pressurized them. They did work correctly so I put the pipe in the trunk. That worked great up until the last couple of weeks and now one has failed again. I assume that is because the original part ones even if sittng on the shelf somewhere have batteries that are going bad. I have absolutely had it with the TPMS system with dead batteries and incompatibility. Has anyone found a way to get rid of the system easily along with the DIC error message?

I hit the clear button on the left stalk to clear the dic error at startup and the flashing light is covered by a small circle of electrical tape which takes it out of my vision. With the ambient light in the interior being fairly low, that’s enough to keep my annoyance level at bay. No more contemplating tpms. Not worth all the trouble.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:44 PM   #69
LarryD

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Manual Trans
I am tired of hitting the menu button to reset it. I just ran across this system bypass module...

https://spooftpms.com/us-gm-1-family-tpms-simulator/

I am wondering if anyone has ordered one of these and if someone got it to work on the 2010 since it is a bit unique in frequency or something. Their description says it works with the 2010 and lists the sensor part number for the ones I got to finally work for a year so guessing it must work. Problem is the module ships from Romania. Not sure about trusting it.
LarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:21 AM   #70
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
spooftpms.com
I have that and it has been a good device.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote