Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-22-2021, 02:54 AM   #1
IBM camaro 2

Drives: 2011 camaro RS, BMW e90
2014 Ikon 6th gen style zl1 bumper (broke upper grille) help finding replacement

So today on my 2014-15 Ikon ZL1 1LE 6th gen style bumper, I broke the upper grille. I can’t find it separately without the full kit. Has anyone with a 5th gen and this 6th gen conversion bumper broke the upper grill?
I only found the 2016-18 grille. Not sure if it will work looks almost the same since this bumper fits most 6th gen ZL1 OEM parts I’m hoping I can use it, but just thought I’d ask the community first, thanks. 1st pic is what I broke, 2nd is potential replacement, 3rd is what came with my kit that broke.
Attached Images

IBM camaro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:05 AM   #2
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
If I were you I would try contacting Ikon explaining what happened and that you would be interested to rebuy just the upper grill. Often times a company will assist you in setting up a transaction purchasing only the singular part that had been damaged from a kit instead of making you buy an alternative since you’re a representation of their product and they should want to maintain happy customers that will speak highly of their service/company/product. So I would send an email with pictures and explanation, then follow-up with a phone call to speak with a representative in regards. They seem willing to help on their website contact page and what’ve you got to lose? If they say not possible or don’t respond, then you’re just back to this drawing board but they may say yes and then you’ll get the exact part you need! Just be polite and stress how upset/stressed you are about this because you love their product and want to keep it looking as amazing as it should but can only do it with their help to fix the issue. See below for contact info directly from Ikons website:
“If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. Please allow us the opportunity to resolve any issues.

• 15305 Stafford St. City of Industry, CA 91744
• Tel: 855-968-8666
support@ikonmotorsports.com
• Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm PST”
I have a 5th Gen to 6th Gen conversion bumper from MByte that is basically useless to me because it got very damaged in shipping but I don’t think the grill would fit your bumper because it looks different. Sorry this happened to you and good luck!

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
If I were you I would try contacting Ikon explaining what happened and that you would be interested to rebuy just the upper grill. Often times a company will assist you in setting up a transaction purchasing only the singular part that had been damaged from a kit instead of making you buy an alternative since you’re a representation of their product and they should want to maintain happy customers that will speak highly of their service/company/product. So I would send an email with pictures and explanation, then follow-up with a phone call to speak with a representative in regards. They seem willing to help on their website contact page and what’ve you got to lose? If they say not possible or don’t respond, then you’re just back to this drawing board but they may say yes and then you’ll get the exact part you need! Just be polite and stress how upset/stressed you are about this because you love their product and want to keep it looking as amazing as it should but can only do it with their help to fix the issue. See below for contact info directly from Ikons website:
“If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. Please allow us the opportunity to resolve any issues.

• 15305 Stafford St. City of Industry, CA 91744
• Tel: 855-968-8666
support@ikonmotorsports.com
• Monday - Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm PST”
I have a 5th Gen to 6th Gen conversion bumper from MByte that is basically useless to me because it got very damaged in shipping but I don’t think the grill would fit your bumper because it looks different. Sorry this happened to you and good luck!
Ikons customer service is shit they had nothing to offer me in this exact same scenario. Sucks as I want more from them but I am completely turned off.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:16 PM   #4
IBM camaro 2

Drives: 2011 camaro RS, BMW e90
Thanks everyone I ended up just fixing it and right after I did Ikon did get back to me. They were willing to sell me one for like 80 shipped. So if anyone runs into this just get in Comcast with Ikon because I thought for sure they weren’t going to respond, but they did.
IBM camaro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:48 PM   #5
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro 2 View Post
Thanks everyone I ended up just fixing it and right after I did Ikon did get back to me. They were willing to sell me one for like 80 shipped. So if anyone runs into this just get in Comcast with Ikon because I thought for sure they weren’t going to respond, but they did.
Happy to hear it! And I guess you caught them on a good day. I’m a firm believer in the “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it” philosophy so if you go to the company with a sad story expressing how frustrated and disappointed you are as a customer they’re way more inclined to help you out than if you were angry and demanding replacement items for defective/damaged parts. EVEN IF it broke through no fault of your own and the company SHOULD be held accountable for the responsibility of exchange/replacement, you should still play the game imho because you’ll be way more likely to get what you want out of it. Always be nice until being nice doesn’t work because once you go in hard there’s no way to dial it back.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:34 AM   #6
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
Happy to hear it! And I guess you caught them on a good day. I’m a firm believer in the “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it” philosophy so if you go to the company with a sad story expressing how frustrated and disappointed you are as a customer they’re way more inclined to help you out than if you were angry and demanding replacement items for defective/damaged parts. EVEN IF it broke through no fault of your own and the company SHOULD be held accountable for the responsibility of exchange/replacement, you should still play the game imho because you’ll be way more likely to get what you want out of it. Always be nice until being nice doesn’t work because once you go in hard there’s no way to dial it back.
I was very polite asking and yielded different results mind you this is back when this thing was brand new to market. I was astonished they didn't have spares left behind for shipping damages and warranty. I even offered to buy the parts and was met with a solid NO. Full kit only. 1 part I broke on install and the other was missing in the kit.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:30 AM   #7
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
I was very polite asking and yielded different results mind you this is back when this thing was brand new to market. I was astonished they didn't have spares left behind for shipping damages and warranty. I even offered to buy the parts and was met with a solid NO. Full kit only. 1 part I broke on install and the other was missing in the kit.
I’m sorry you had that experience. Who knows why things have changed and honestly the timing of when it happened shouldn’t influence their behavior for support. It truly disappoints me when companies don’t treat customers well, especially already existing ones. I’ve had my fair share of those experiences too and nothing justifies that action. At least Ikon seems to be improving instead of the opposite.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:28 PM   #8
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I know why things have changed! Sellers are having a hard time staying afloat now and are a little more willing to sell you anything they can. Everything seems to be on sale these days unless of course you need a video card for your computer lol. Thank you COVID !
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote