Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2021, 05:42 AM   #43
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccss713 View Post
Wow, I thought the issue was limited to only the early 2010s. Amazing that chevy can't even provide a working TPM sensor for a 10 year old car. If the 22854866 is working for you I bet the amazon ones would work
I guess we will find out. I am about to order them. Honestly I am hoping it is the case but more importantly it would be nice to know what causes the drop out and if it can be fixed for others.

I don't want to have to pay for tire balancing and installation again so what's the best course of testing?

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:44 PM   #44
Demolino

Drives: 2010 camaro
Also Fixed. Thankyou ccss713. I couldn't get them re-awaken with shaking, so I relearned them in a pressure tube with + psi. They stayed active. Oh it was such a relief not to get those dashes. The sensors you recommended worked. Now to see if there batteries last. Getting installed on Monday. Ccss, you might have been right about me not shaking hard enough.

I wish this set of messages existed before I replaced my bcm and keyless entry module. But that's in the past now.
Demolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:37 PM   #45
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
I know of another 2011 with same issue

Old 06-20-2021, 08:12 PM   #46
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
I don't believe you are dealing with the same problem since it's a 2011. The pressure tube trick won't work if your sensors can't stay connected. What sensors are you running now? You could always buy one of the amazon ones to test and I believe they have free returns
What documents point towards this being only an early 2010 issue? I see a storm brewing shortly if more 2011's pop up ,( I can confirm 1 v6 and 1 ss. I actually feel the issue is the new part number sensors are not compatible despite gm saying they are.

I have created my pressure tube however it has busted open with as little as 6 psi so too soon to test.

I am testing woth 0 psi tpms though as a 0 is not the same as --

Old 06-20-2021, 08:53 PM   #47
ccss713

Drives: 2010 2SS
I don't recall seeing any documents. Just forum posts, so it could very be wrong and extend to other years. Here was a long thread about similar problems:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91669
ccss713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:16 PM   #48
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
I don't recall seeing any documents. Just forum posts, so it could very be wrong and extend to other years. Here was a long thread about similar problems:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91669

Thanks it is one I have come across.

Now if only I could find actual compatible sensors with availability to Canada at not an arm and a Leg.

Last edited by Pagliaro; 06-21-2021 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #49
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
Finally Fixed!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to the info from ccss713 mine are working with the new Roadfar ones. I bought a new set as recommended in ccss713's message and had them installed after driving around for a couple of weeks with them in a pressure tube. Been driving with them installed for another couple of weeks and everything is now fine. GM has absolutely the wrong part number listed for the car and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work.....
Question for you. with the pressure tube trick were you running with
Bad sensors in wheel and good sensors in the tube?

Reason I ask is I have built my pressure chamber and have 2 confirmed old tpms in it. I paired those 2 with 2 known to drop off and all 4 still drop off.

I want to buy 4 and test 4 in the tube before finally swapping them out but not sure if the 4 confirmed to drop off cause any interference with the 4 the car has learned. I don't really want to dismount the wheels if I do not have to. I also don't want false negatives.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #50
Demolino

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post

Reason I ask is I have built my pressure chamber and have 2 confirmed old tpms in it. I paired those 2 with 2 known to drop off and all 4 still drop off.

I want to buy 4 and test 4 in the tube before finally swapping them out but not sure if the 4 confirmed to drop off cause any interference with the 4 the car has learned. I don't really want to dismount the wheels if I do not have to. I also don't want false negatives.
Try adding a few psi to the chamber to see if it wakes up the sensor, since it's not going into rolling mode.
Demolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:00 PM   #51
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolino View Post
Try adding a few psi to the chamber to see if it wakes up the sensor, since it's not going into rolling mode.
I pumped my chamber to tire spec.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:59 PM   #52
ccss713

Quote:

I would be willing to bet that if you gave your sensor tube a very hard shake, those two sensors would come back online. They go to sleep if they are not moving, then you will get dashes in the DIC. For this reason, I'm not sure why you are bothering with the pressure tube. Seems like a waste of time if you have to shake it ever 25 minutes like one of those shake weights from the infomercials.

BTW, I just remembered, there was a document (bulletin PIC5174G, mentioned in the other thread I linked) indicating this is potentially only for the early 2010 models. Sounds like you have the same problem with your 2011 though.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:09 PM   #53
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
TPMS sensors sig. is set for a certain freq. and if not set exactly right, the receiver may or may not pick it up. I have 3 sets of tires, one reads the tire pressure 95% of the time, the 2nd set, reads them about 60% and the 3rd, about 25% . one time I start the car, it's reading, the next time , it's not.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:19 AM   #54
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
I would be willing to bet that if you gave your sensor tube a very hard shake, those two sensors would come back online. They go to sleep if they are not moving, then you will get dashes in the DIC. For this reason, I'm not sure why you are bothering with the pressure tube. Seems like a waste of time if you have to shake it ever 25 minutes like one of those shake weights from the infomercials.

BTW, I just remembered, there was a document (bulletin PIC5174G, mentioned in the other thread I linked) indicating this is potentially only for the early 2010 models. Sounds like you have the same problem with your 2011 though.
Thanks for all the info and continually replying.

The pressure tube setup I built is only to test w/e sensors I end up ordering I can rig it to rotate on a drill. However I dont see them as going to sleep if they are not moving as valid cause then they wouldnt read very long if we remain in park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
TPMS sensors sig. is set for a certain freq. and if not set exactly right, the receiver may or may not pick it up. I have 3 sets of tires, one reads the tire pressure 95% of the time, the 2nd set, reads them about 60% and the 3rd, about 25% . one time I start the car, it's reading, the next time , it's not.
That's not the issue I am having . They drop after 20-30 of driving every time.

Not sure if its distance ,speed or time or any combo of the 3 but both mine and my friends are doing it.

Mine I lose it right around the same turn on my way to work .

Old 06-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #55
ccss713

Quote:
Thanks for all the info and continually replying.

The pressure tube setup I built is only to test w/e sensors I end up ordering I can rig it to rotate on a drill. However I dont see them as going to sleep if they are not moving as valid cause then they wouldnt read very long if we remain in park.
No problem. I'm not an expert on how every part of the system works but I can tell you for a fact that you are wasting your time pressurizing the sensors just to see if they will stay connected. It's possible the system is smart enough not to ping the sleeping sensors in park or at 0mph. I tested mine just sitting in the passenger seat. Bang on them fairly hard and they should reconnect if they are the proper sensor. It will read zero and give you an error for that, but you won't have the dashes.

After testing so many different ones, I can't tell you how happy I was to finally get one to reconnect. I cannot stand driving a car with warning lights.

Quote:
That's not the issue I am having . They drop after 20-30 of driving every time.

Not sure if its distance ,speed or time or any combo of the 3 but both mine and my friends are doing it.

Mine I lose it right around the same turn on my way to work .
Agreed, this is a different issue. What we are talking about is very repeatable and consistent.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:37 PM   #56
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:
No problem. I cannot stand driving a car with warning lights.
Tell me about it hence why I am here.
Today was the first time my installed sensors did not drop out after relearn. I tried something a little different. Normally when I reset the sensors Id cycle the ignition to clear the warning light. This time I drove with warning light on.

I didn't do as much driving or at highway speeds today though so tomorrow's ride into work will tell me. I'm pretty sure they'll drop still since they have consistently. I have a new set arriving monday ( not roadfar as I couldnt get them ) will test them sitting in passenger seat.