Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-14-2017, 11:55 PM   #1
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
What's Wrong with CALIF?

According to friends, it was a long hard fight to get Irwindale Raceway back up and running after OCIR was closed in the 1980's. Now its going to be closed.

This is so sad for your future generations becasue this Track was Multi-Use, (i/e Drag, NASCAR, Oval 1/2MI, Drifting etc).

A little bit of Americana will be lost;

Irwindale Raceway to Close Jan 2018
http://www.thedrive.com/start-finish...early-20-years
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
It's a shit show out here. Have to have car parts shipped to friends out of state with most vendors, then ship them to us. God forbid an intake comes across state lines!!! Scary!
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:41 AM   #3
PinHead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
It's a shit show out here. Have to have car parts shipped to friends out of state with most vendors, then ship them to us. God forbid an intake comes across state lines!!! Scary!
But any Junior High Kid can get weed on every street corner I've heard.

So you'll end up with a bunch of retards who can't wrench on anything but a plastic zip-lock baggie.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
The answer is simple. Greed and politics. "I'm wealthy" I'll divert big money to your campaign if you "make it possible for me to purchase that property". OK Chang, I'll rezone it and we'll call that gross polluting race track history. You can build anything you want there. Lease is up and the track is gone.... Kommiefornia strikes again.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Commiefornia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
The answer is simple. Greed and politics. "I'm wealthy" I'll divert big money to your campaign if you "make it possible for me to purchase that property". OK Chang, I'll rezone it and we'll call that gross polluting race track history. You can build anything you want there. Lease is up and the track is gone.... Kommiefornia strikes again.
+1000
Old 08-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #6
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
What they do to cars out there is terrible and one of the reasons I would never live there but the weapon regulation is just as bad. So with those two I could never live there. Suck to see a place like this go
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #7
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Beautiful country sides, amazing cities, awesome people, but terrible waste in government and an overreaction to anything crazy.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
California has the worst tax whores in the country running the show, the roads and highways are gridlocked, the dwellings in the cities are rife with 3rd world citizens, the only thing missing are Burros grazing in the streets. This state hates "fake air pollution and so called man made climate change" (a money scam) but they allow and welcome polluters from our southern border by the train loads (eventual votes to perpetuate their existence). Those who vote for these schmucks are illiterate. The house is coming down one day at a time. The exodus from this state is mind boggling in numbers. Eventually they will run out of working class money. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness are on the chopping block. They'll TELL you what you can and cannot do and you better follow their directions or else.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:59 AM   #9
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
That's why I left 20 years ago and haven't looked back once. Get out while your houses still have some value and live like kings in much better states. That's my advice.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #10
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
The Automobile and Motorcycle are strong symbols of freedom, and grassroots enthusiasts and their enthusiast venues even more so. These things have to go as part of the SCAG Agenda 21 implementation: http://www.scag.ca.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #11
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
That's why I left 20 years ago and haven't looked back once. Get out while your houses still have some value and live like kings in much better states. That's my advice.
x2.. I left 27 years ago.. thought I might go back after I got out of the Army, but the cost of living was already bad back then.. Now it is ridiculous.

It's great landscape but the people in the big cities are insane. I moved to Texas and love the people and attitude here.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #12
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Because it's the left coast! That's what wrong with Cali!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 AM   #13
PinHead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
California has the worst tax whores in the country running the show, the roads and highways are gridlocked, the dwellings in the cities are rife with 3rd world citizens, the only thing missing are Burros grazing in the streets. This state hates "fake air pollution and so called man made climate change" (a money scam) but they allow and welcome polluters from our southern border by the train loads (eventual votes to perpetuate their existence). Those who vote for these schmucks are illiterate. The house is coming down one day at a time. The exodus from this state is mind boggling in numbers. Eventually they will run out of working class money. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness are on the chopping block. They'll TELL you what you can and cannot do and you better follow their directions or else.
And I thought it couldn't get worse;

POOR PEOPLE CAN GET CARS FOR FREE IN CALIF PILOT PROGRAM

I hope its none of our federal tax dollars being wasted;
http://time.com/money/3947240/incent...-electric-car/

Illegals............Check
Welfare...........Check
Weed 4 All.......Check
Free Schooling..Check
Sanctuary City...Check
Free Car...........Check
Guns are Illegal..Check
WHAT'S NEXT?????
Old 08-29-2017, 03:44 AM   #14
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Left 20 years ago also. Amazing weather in the south, Big Sur and Redwoods spectacular. My 950 as ft house, sold a few years ago for $500k. Too hard for a family with one income and two kids. If Silicone Valley did not exist, they would be toast. Prior to that Aerospace and they ran that out of the state.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote