Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #29
Sleeper

Drives: It has 4 wheels
That grill is not aggressive looking at all. When I saw the new mustang I thought it looked overly aggressive.
Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #30
Ant_ss

Drives: 14 1SS RS Black (rental)
I love how so many people have such strong opinions on the look of the thing lol. What exactly do you see that you like or don't like?? The darn thing is covered in camo.

It is not wise to judge a book by its cover. You're lliterally judging the thing by its cover. I think the anxiety and lack of knowledge on it is screwing with people's rational thinking.

Last edited by Ant_ss; 01-20-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Ant_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #31
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
I love how so many people have such strong opinions on the look of the thing lol. What exactly do you see that you like or don't like?? The darn thing is covered in camo.

It is not wise to judge a book by its cover. You're lliterally judging the thing by its cover. I think the anxiety and lack of knowledge on it is screwing with people's rational thinking.
Yup. When the first spy shots came out there were people here thar thought it was a pontiac lmao. I think Chaz has it about 80% right, that other 20% is going to make a big difference.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #32
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimelock2009 View Post
Looks like a real chunky monkey in these pics. I hope my eyes are being tricked.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #33
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_ss View Post
I think the anxiety and lack of knowledge on it is screwing with people's rational thinking.
AMEN to that brother.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #34
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Love the way people say "I don't see much difference" No car company makes an entire new car when they have success. The BMW 3 series has been a series of evolutions over the past 15 plus years. The 911 has been an evolution design for decades!!!
I think the reason people say that is because the 5th gen made such a huge splash with it's look. It was unlike anything out there. It was a head-turner. It was THAT car.

That's how a lot of people see the camaro now. The kind of car that is a the front of muscle car aesthetics. That is different, ahead of it's time.

With all due respect, the current Camaro design isn't a timeless one like the 911. It already feels long in the tooth after 6 model years and a refresh.

Visual refresh 2.0 isn't all that interesting to me. I was hoping for something that was eye catching, that would be the same kind of forward design - a head turner.

What makes it worse to me is that with each refresh they seem to be homogenizing the design more and more - it stands out less with each change. If chazcron is even remotely close, this is a car that's starting to blend in more and more, not stand out more and more.

I get refinement and performance arguments, but this car didn't get so much attention because it was refined. It got attention because it looked really good and like nothing else before it.

The mules and renders and speculation doesn't share that. It's in a werid place that it looks close enough to the current car that I don't feel the need to upgrade based on looks, but it's different enough that I'm glad I have the one I do because they just seem to keep watering it down.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #35
Clark Grizwald
Brewmaster

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2015 Tundra 1794
whats really under the camoflage!
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #36
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Yup. When the first spy shots came out there were people here thar thought it was a pontiac lmao. I think Chaz has it about 80% right, that other 20% is going to make a big difference.
you nailed it, its the details that make the car.

5th gen prototypes were the same, people bashed them like crazy, when they saw the final product they were all extremely happy for the most part.

Gm will nail this one as well, I'm just hoping they can do something great with the Tail lights, and not seem like an after thought, the front end on the 6th looks mean already
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #37
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
I think the reason people say that is because the 5th gen made such a huge splash with it's look. It was unlike anything out there. It was a head-turner. It was THAT car.

That's how a lot of people see the camaro now. The kind of car that is a the front of muscle car aesthetics. That is different, ahead of it's time.

With all due respect, the current Camaro design isn't a timeless one like the 911. It already feels long in the tooth after 6 model years and a refresh.

Visual refresh 2.0 isn't all that interesting to me. I was hoping for something that was eye catching, that would be the same kind of forward design - a head turner.

What makes it worse to me is that with each refresh they seem to be homogenizing the design more and more - it stands out less with each change. If chazcron is even remotely close, this is a car that's starting to blend in more and more, not stand out more and more.

I get refinement and performance arguments, but this car didn't get so much attention because it was refined. It got attention because it looked really good and like nothing else before it.

The mules and renders and speculation doesn't share that. It's in a werid place that it looks close enough to the current car that I don't feel the need to upgrade based on looks, but it's different enough that I'm glad I have the one I do because they just seem to keep watering it down.
The 5th gen was given ONE refresh which looks just fine for my tastes since I belong to a generation that use to get a model refresh each and every year when I was a kid growing up. Some people like it, some don't, thats totally acceptable when it comes to individual taste.

The 5th gen design inspiration was the 1st gen and it was refreshed every year with similar minor updates for all 3 years and they did not alter the basic design language but they enhanced enough of the car to keep it fresh. This would be very expensive in todays manufacturing climate.

5th gens still stand out in a crowd and continue to draw ooh's and ahh's from kids and adults alike, it has not grown old but it is time to move forward be it an evolutionary design or not.

I'm anticipating the new model to be a clean sheet upgrade as it relates to driving and performance dynamics from the present car. The design will be a bonus regardless of how far they decide to go from what we have today.

This car will make all you "Nancy's", no disrespect to any actual female Nancy's, change your tune once the car and info is finally revealed. This car will not disappoint.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #38
Z/284ever

So, I did some amateur enhancing. I still think the shadow Camaro seems way swoopier than the clunky camo'd California Camaro.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #39
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
The reflection on the roof is not conforming to the top of the greenhouse and you can see a hint of a kink where the top of the windscreen is.
Attached Images

Last edited by chazcron; 01-20-2015 at 04:08 PM.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #40
NAS

Drives: '10 SS
I'm done modding my '10 till I get a definitive look at the final product. If it something that just blows me mind and is worth upgrading to then I'm all over it if not I may just trade my SS to get '12 zl1 or so.
NAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #41
Z/284ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
The reflection on the roof is not conforming to the top of the greenhouse and you can see a hint of a kink where the top of the windscreen is.

Are you saying the camo is more believable or the shadow?
Old 01-20-2015, 05:07 PM   #42
chazcron

Drives: Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
Are you saying the camo is more believable or the shadow?
In camo we trust.
chazcron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation