Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #71
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I don't understand all the negativity being directed toward the OP because a big part of the reason for buying a really expensive, exotic car like the ZL1 is to show the world how special you are. And if regular people can alter their plebian vehicles to mimic the appearance of your exotic, well then that defeats a large purpose of owning the exotic, doesn't it?

I feel your pain, OP.

Personally, I do not even wear my Rolex anymore because of the rampant proliferation of knock-offs that any poor person could afford. The final straw came when someone complimented my watch, but then asked if it was real. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Then, just the other night, while the wife and I were waiting for our usual table at Smith & Wollensky's, a woman, clearly a commoner (upper middle class at best), came in and stood next to us carrying what was obviously a counterfiet Prada bag. Needless to say the wife, carrying a real one, was embarassed beyond words and could only be placated with a buying spree at Tiffany's.

So yes, when regular people try to pretend they are us it is upsetting. Most people on this forum won't get that, but I've got your back.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #72
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
GM is the master of copy cars.
These are the same platform SUV's

Chevy TrailBlazer

GMC Envoy
Isuzu Asscender
Saab 9-7X
Buick Rainier
Oldsmobile Bravada

Chevy SSR
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #73
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
The timeslips of the ZL1 makes it different from a V6 or SS with the body panels, but you can't say anything about it if an SS looking like a ZL1 hands it to ya.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #74
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I don't understand all the negativity being directed toward the OP because a big part of the reason for buying a really expensive, exotic car like the ZL1 is to show the world how special you are. And if regular people can alter their plebian vehicles to mimic the appearance of your exotic, well then that defeats a large purpose of owning the exotic, doesn't it?

I feel your pain, OP.

Personally, I do not even wear my Rolex anymore because of the rampant proliferation of knock-offs that any poor person could afford. The final straw came when someone complimented my watch, but then asked if it was real. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Then, just the other night, while the wife and I were waiting for our usual table at Smith & Wollensky's, a woman, clearly a commoner (upper middle class at best), came in and stood next to us carrying what was obviously a counterfiet Prada bag. Needless to say the wife, carrying a real one, was embarassed beyond words and could only be placated with a buying spree at Tiffany's.

So yes, when regular people try to pretend they are us it is upsetting. Most people on this forum won't get that, but I've got your back.
ZL1 exotic? On what planet?? Rolex,Prada and you drive a CHEVY?!Please practice safe sex...
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #75
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed View Post
Cry much?

Should have kept the 1le.
Wasn't it you who said the 1LE was $50k? You can attempt to change your username but you can't change your stupidity. YUUSLOW, the learning channel can do wonders for you. I'll be praying for you....
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #76
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

I feel your pain, OP.

I'm fine, lol. But thanks! The forum is a platform for opinions. There will aways be people who agree and disagree with certain things, that's just life. That's what I love about Camaro5 and will continue to be a supporter of it and the vendors, good or bad.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #77
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
If you're looking for an exclusive car, you're buying the wrong brand.

This.

I knew lots of folks who swapped IROC bumpers and body kits on their V6 third gens years ago. It has always been done. There was an attempt to make purchasing 4th Gen SS hoods more difficult. As a result, there are lots of near exact copies of 4th Gen SS hoods available in the aftermarket. None of that ever bothered me.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #78
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
OP, I seldom read an entire thread. This one was instresting. I can understand your concerns, you bring up a good point. Do I beleive GM will do that most likely not. I got to sit in a ZL1 when I traded in my 2011. I beleive that makes me smarter now J/K. Please post a pict of your ZL1 I would like to see it.

thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #79
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
ZL1 exotic? On what planet?? Rolex,Prada and you drive a CHEVY?!Please practice safe sex...
Or just do the world a favour and sterilize yourself....
Old 01-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #80
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Read his response again. It was sarcasm.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #81
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Wasn't it you who said the 1LE was $50k? You can attempt to change your username but you can't change your stupidity. YUUSLOW, the learning channel can do wonders for you. I'll be praying for you....
You mad bro? And gj creating the biggest QQ thread in history.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #82
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
A lot of people seek attention, some more than others...

...and get mad when attention is taken away (in their mind)...

Why am I so entertained by members Usernames, Signatures and thread posts.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #83

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
A lot of people seek attention, some more than others...

...and get mad when attention is taken away (in their mind)...

Why am I so entertained by members Usernames, Signatures and thread posts.
...Such irony..."FinallySatisfied" ??....Perhaps should be "NeverSatisfied"...lol

j/k!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #84
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed View Post
You mad bro? And gj creating the biggest QQ thread in history.
YUUSLOW, bro? Intelligence at its finest. $50k for the 1LE, right? lol. You lost all creditability with that erroneous comment.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-28-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Closed Thread