Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Yeah the challenger scat pack is closer to 4400 pounds. This is not a sports car. This is also why the Hellcat has not chance at the track. Starting to get into Bentley continental GT weights here. LOL I will say I love the looks of one though. They look the part.
Can someone explane to me how the bentley gt is 600 hp 5,000 pounds and can 0-60 in 3 flat?
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #16
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Can someone explane to me how the bentley gt is 600 hp 5,000 pounds and can 0-60 in 3 flat?
AWD and 8 speed auto. And it's not 3 flat. More like mid 3s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #17
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Here is someone comparing them, do you guys agree with what he says?

AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #18
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Since I have not test driven the 2016 Camaro SS, I cannot agree or disagree with what he has to say about the Camaro, but his thoughts on the Challenger are pretty much the way I felt when I drove a Scat Pack and ultimately went with the SRT 392.

Looking at the shot in the video of the 6th Gen Camaro's interior, WOW that looks small compared to the 5th Gen.

Regardless, I enjoyed my 5th Gen Camaros and I'm currently enjoying my Challenger and I'm sure all you who upgraded or went with the 6th Gen Camaro are enjoying them too! As performance car enthusiasts, we live in a great time right now!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:58 AM   #19
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
The Challenger and Charger are great if you need the room.
The Challenger and Charger are poor choices if you like the sportiness of the car.
At the last dyno a Scat pack with paper plates put down 404 HP, a SS with paper plates put down 404 HP. So both cars are powerful, the SS is a whole lot lighter and smaller.
I own both a Challenger and a SS.
The Challenger has a pretty good GT ride and even the SRT suspension is not tight. It also has some pretty good subframe to chassis isolation.
The Challenger has a HOPELESS flexible body compared to the SS. There is a lot of flex through the entire car, suspension, chassis and sub frames.

In conclusion the two cars are much on opposite ends of the spectrum. If you need the room and seats for 5 get a Dodge, if you don't plan on putting people in the rear, the SS is much more of a complete package.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #20
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I loved both. Still will probably get a Scat Pack Charger or SRT8 Charger to go with my Camaro. But I loved the look and performance of the SS over the Chally. And without good tires, it can be a handful with the 245's they put on it stock.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #21
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
I couldn't finish that guy's youtube review. But it sounds like that college nerd that likes to hear himself talk wants a challenger. Why does everyone have to make a damn 20 minute video comparing 2 cars they're interested in purchasing? No one cares!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #22
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Nice video! It's clear that the drag radials caused the win, vs a very average 60' by the SS (2.03).

We are going to see a lot of vids like this against 5.0s and 392s, some with hidden mods. The SS is top dog right now in 1/4 mile racing and there will be a lot of people in denial bent on proving otherwise.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:13 AM   #23
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Here is someone comparing them, do you guys agree with what he says?

Sounds like he liked the scat pack more and projected that opinion on to the review. I've never heard anyone say how good the scat pack handles (step down from the SRT, which is a step down from the SS). But if you're just cruising around and hitting the gas from time to time, you aren't going to notice much difference in handling.

His big thing was he liked the size if the Dodge. That's clearly a big difference between the two and some are going to want the larger, others the smaller.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #24
MikeyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Sounds like he liked the scat pack more and projected that opinion on to the review.
Well TBH, that's the job of a reviewer. He makes valid points, but put it in the context that reviewers are a dime a dozen: if you want the opposite conclusion/outcome, just watch a different reviewer. Just like reviewers can pick what works best for them, you can pick the reviewer that gives your particular car the edge in the review. It's really a self serving prophecy.

Mike
MikeyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #25
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Nice video! It's clear that the drag radials caused the win, vs a very average 60' by the SS (2.03).

We are going to see a lot of vids like this against 5.0s and 392s, some with hidden mods. The SS is top dog right now in 1/4 mile racing and there will be a lot of people in denial bent on proving otherwise.
A 2.03 60' time is far from average, it's terrible. Something you would expect on a first outing in the car. People are running 1.7s and 1.8s in the 6th gen on stock tires. Shows you just how much the SP cars need tires to be effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCamaro View Post
Well TBH, that's the job of a reviewer. He makes valid points, but put it in the context that reviewers are a dime a dozen: if you want the opposite conclusion/outcome, just watch a different reviewer. Just like reviewers can pick what works best for them, you can pick the reviewer that gives your particular car the edge in the review. It's really a self serving prophecy.

Mike
The job of a reviewer is to be objective, not pick the one that works for his own personal reasons. That being said, he video was about his choice, so his opinion is valid. However, he does not seem to done enough research (talking about steering/exhaust in track mode but not knowing if can be adjusted, also not realizing the Challenger has an active exhaust as well). Abstract comments about feeling safer in the Challenger also seem to show he's not well informed on what makes the cars safe(size does not help). Everyone always mentions they can live without a HUD (heard the same thing on the BMW forums), until they have drove more than a day in a car with one. Then no one ever wants to get rid of it.

Also weird again someone mentions Uconnect is faster and he liked the NAV on it. Everyone else seems to disagree, including me. To me Uconnect is clunky and not very crisp. No touch gestures, Performance Pages takes 60 secs or more to load every time, no limited configurations for drive modes. No audio information displayed in the center display and tiny album art display on the main display. Some Climate control settings only in the touch screen which means multiple presses to reach (though not as bad as some Fords). The only thing I like about Uconnect is the Performance Pages, but I will never use them enough to offset it's downsides.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #26
MikeyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The job of a reviewer is to be objective, not pick the one that works for his own personal reasons. That being said, he video was about his choice, so his opinion is valid. However, he does not seem to done enough research (talking about steering/exhaust in track mode but not knowing if can be adjusted, also not realizing the Challenger has an active exhaust as well). Abstract comments about feeling safer in the Challenger also seem to show he's not well informed on what makes the cars safe(size does not help). Everyone always mentions they can live without a HUD (heard the same thing on the BMW forums), until they have drove more than a day in a car with one. Then no one ever wants to get rid of it.

Also weird again someone mentions Uconnect is faster and he liked the NAV on it. Everyone else seems to disagree, including me. To me Uconnect is clunky and not very crisp. No touch gestures, Performance Pages takes 60 secs or more to load every time, no limited configurations for drive modes. No audio information displayed in the center display and tiny album art display on the main display. Some Climate control settings only in the touch screen which means multiple presses to reach (though not as bad as some Fords). The only thing I like about Uconnect is the Performance Pages, but I will never use them enough to offset it's downsides.
Had the HUD on my Corvette. Never used it so I just turned it off. To each their own I guess. I also wondered what was up with his comment about Uconnect being more responsive. I've found it to be sluggish at best, and I always make sure to update to the latest firmware. Sluggishness aside though, I do think Uconnect is recognized as probably the best in the industry. Never really noticed anything with the climate controls being hard to reach: when I want to change temperature for driver or passenger for example, I just do it by voice command.

Mike
MikeyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #27
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This tread shows me that the Camaro out of the box is very impressive.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #28
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Here. That would be Canada.
A base Scat Pak is $5000 more than a 1SS.

No contest. No Thanks.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote