Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-04-2021, 12:45 PM   #43
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Oh boy, another EV discussion. This is probably the best way to make Camaro6 implode. Not gonna say anything since it's all the repeated old arguments.

Regarding Mustang, if they make a competent chassis then yes, I will consider one. Until then, nah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I wouldn't drive a t4/v6 if it was given to me, but I understand why they've gotta be around. The bulk of sales have always been the cheap ones.
I wouldn't mind driving one, and I'd love to try one at some point. Remember, Camaro is pretty much a sports car at this point, less of a pony car. For sports cars, smaller engines mean lighter weight and better balance, and the straight line acceleration isn't the main focus anyway.

I'd love to take a 2.0T/V6 1LE to a spin around an AutoX course or even a track given the opportunity.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:10 PM   #44
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Has nothing to do with woke. I’m guessing you meant that as an insult, even though you don’t grasp th industry and it’s trends. That ok as I also sure you don’t do it for a living like they do.

GM is moving tonEVs for one reason and one reason only. They believe in the future that leads to more profit and more growth. When you put it like that it doesn’t sound “woke” at all.
Yes, gm will tell you what you want, not ask you. Cars like the Vega, the Cimarron and the Pontiac Aztec. Now it's going to be another car the established car enthusiast is just screaming for, the gm Appliance.
gm has established itself as a dishonest, sell it and forget it it, one time buyer company. Sorry, all of the people with cracked dashes, faulty 8 speed automatic transmissions and the disastrous lifter debacle which purchaser's aren't very happy with will surely make future car buyer want to flock to the gm nightmare program. I assure you, when you plant the seed of doubt and abandonment into a customer you sell other brands very well. History repeats itself, just take a look at when the imports found their way across the ocean to American customers. The big three did that all by themselves. I'm hearing most car enthusiasts say they love their v8 engines. gm is simply being complicit with the green new deal farce.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #45
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Some around here consider those two motors blasphemous. Even the v6 and the t4 still suffer from the lousy trunk space, poor visibility and so on so they're still impractical. Sure you'll still have your enthusiasts but in the grand scheme of things we are the minority and if you're running a big corporation you don't cater to the minority if you want to stick around.
Yeah - thats too bad. Classic "mines bigger" mentality. I get it. But, its 2022 now. The Camaro is more grown up and looking for a driver interested in the complete driving experience. I applaud them for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Remember, Camaro is pretty much a sports car at this point, less of a pony car. For sports cars, smaller engines mean lighter weight and better balance, and the straight line acceleration isn't the main focus anyway.

I'd love to take a 2.0T/V6 1LE to a spin around an AutoX course or even a track given the opportunity.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:12 PM   #46
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
I’ll wait until we have official announcements from both manufacturers. Although, from the rumors, thank god Ford is planning to keep the V8 alive.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #47
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
GM is building there own batteries at plants in Lordstown, Ohio and Spring Hill, Tennessee, plus two more yet to be named US battery factories. They’ll probably also add one in Canada and one in Mexico to supply the vehicle assembly plants in those countries. Ford has just this past week announced a $7 billion investment to build a vehicle assembly plant for the F-150 Lightning EV pickup and two battery plants in Tennessee and Kentucky.

https://insideevs.com/news/524627/gm...attery-plants/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ee/5896095001/

Yes many of the substances used to make the batteries will come from China. Bottom line is we will be China dependent.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #48
Nilly Welson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I don't want electric, and almost everyone I know of or talk to doesn't want an electric car. Hopefully big changes in the elections next fall and then again in 2024 will help.

🤞
Old 10-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #49
Nilly Welson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Yes, gm will tell you what you want, not ask you. Cars like the Vega, the Cimarron and the Pontiac Aztec. Now it's going to be another car the established car enthusiast is just screaming for, the gm Appliance.
gm has established itself as a dishonest, sell it and forget it it, one time buyer company. Sorry, all of the people with cracked dashes, faulty 8 speed automatic transmissions and the disastrous lifter debacle which purchaser's aren't very happy with will surely make future car buyer want to flock to the gm nightmare program. I assure you, when you plant the seed of doubt and abandonment into a customer you sell other brands very well. History repeats itself, just take a look at when the imports found their way across the ocean to American customers. The big three did that all by themselves. I'm hearing most car enthusiasts say they love their v8 engines. gm is simply being complicit with the green new deal farce.
Mary Berra won't be happy until everything they produce is an electric appliance. Whats next GM Sewing machine and Waffle Irons all signed by Mary Berra as the Mary Berra Special Edition.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #50
Nilly Welson

Quote:
Oh boy, another EV discussion. This is probably the best way to make Camaro6 implode. Not gonna say anything since it's all the repeated old arguments.

Regarding Mustang, if they make a competent chassis then yes, I will consider one. Until then, nah.I wouldn't mind driving one, and I'd love to try one at some point. Remember, Camaro is pretty much a sports car at this point, less of a pony car. For sports cars, smaller engines mean lighter weight and better balance, and the straight line acceleration isn't the main focus anyway.

It technically in the class of the Pony Car Moniker.

What makes a pony car a pony car?

Pony cars are stylish, affordable, American cars that were generally built with mass production parts. They have two doors, four seats, and are “performance-oriented”, if not flat-out sporty. Engines varied, of course, but pony cars often carried small-blocks with eight cylinders or even six-cylinders under the hood.

Last edited by Nilly Welson; 10-04-2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: i
Old 10-04-2021, 04:06 PM   #51
Nilly Welson

Quote:

Regarding Mustang, if they make a competent chassis then yes, I will consider one. Until then, nah.I wouldn't mind driving one, and I'd love to try one at some point. Remember, Camaro is pretty much a sports car at this point, less of a pony car. For sports cars, smaller engines mean lighter weight and better balance, and the straight line acceleration isn't the main focus anyway.

Pony cars are stylish, affordable, American cars that were generally built with mass production parts. They have two doors, four seats, and are “performance-oriented”, if not flat-out sporty. Engines varied, of course, but pony cars often carried small-blocks with eight cylinders or even six-cylinders under the hood.

Definitions of sports cars often relate to how the car design is optimised for dynamic performance,[2][3] without any specific minimum requirements; both a Triumph Spitfire and Ferrari 488 Pista can be considered sports cars, despite vastly different levels of performance. Broader definitions of sports cars include cars "in which performance takes precedence over carrying capacity",[4] or that emphasise the "thrill of driving"[5] or are marketed "using the excitement of speed and the glamour of the (race)track"[6] However, other people have more specific definitions, such as "must be a two-seater or a 2+2 seater"[7] or a car with two seats only

Last edited by Nilly Welson; 10-04-2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: k
Old 10-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #52
396ssrat

Pony Car=
Horse and Buggy
Old 10-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #53
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post

Definitions of sports cars often relate to how the car design is optimised for dynamic performance,[2][3] without any specific minimum requirements; both a Triumph Spitfire and Ferrari 488 Pista can be considered sports cars, despite vastly different levels of performance. Broader definitions of sports cars include cars "in which performance takes precedence over carrying capacity",[4] or that emphasise the "thrill of driving"[5] or are marketed "using the excitement of speed and the glamour of the (race)track"[6] However, other people have more specific definitions, such as "must be a two-seater or a 2+2 seater"[7] or a car with two seats only
We can argue all day about technicality, but at the end of the day, the point is, 6th Gen Camaro definitely puts more emphasis on handling than its two other pony car counterparts.

With this in mind, you can see why the engine choice isn't really as important. The smaller engines are not necessarily all about just being cheaper nowadays(but I get it, this is the reason a lot of people buy them), it could mean a more nimble car since the chassis is rigid and well-engineered. It's pretty much common knowledge at this point that Randy Pobst bought a 2.0T 1LE for himself, and he is a professional driver that has driven many different performance cars.

And I like the different flavours of the 4 engines. Each one has its own distinct character.

2.0T LTG: tuner friendly, targeted towards the young, hot-hatch-liking crowd
3.6 LGX: high-revving DOHC NA engine. Watch out, 370Z!
6.2 LT1: old-school American pushrod V8 with some new tricks
6.2S LT4: LT1 on steroids for total overkill but awesome powah

Also, remember this isn't Malaise Era anymore. When 5+L V8 makes 200 BHP then yeah, V8 is the only way to go because I4 engines were making like sub-100 BHP. Not true anymore.

With all that being said, for something like a Challenger, I, too, would scoff at the V6 ones. The reason is that Challenger is a one-trick pony, and the V6 lacks even that one trick. It's literally slower than a V6 Camry and a 2.0T Accord. Now that's just sad.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #54
396ssrat

Quote:
We can argue all day about technicality, but at the end of the day, the point is, 6th Gen Camaro definitely puts more emphasis on handling than its two other pony car counterparts.

With this in mind, you can see why the engine choice isn't really as important. The smaller engines are not necessarily all about just being cheaper nowadays(but I get it, this is the reason a lot of people buy them), it could mean a more nimble car since the chassis is rigid and well-engineered. It's pretty much common knowledge at this point that Randy Pobst bought a 2.0T 1LE for himself, and he is a professional driver that has driven many different performance cars.

And I like the different flavours of the 4 engines. Each one has its own distinct character.

2.0T LTG: tuner friendly, targeted towards the young, hot-hatch-liking crowd
3.6 LGX: high-revving DOHC NA engine. Watch out, 370Z!
6.2 LT1: old-school American pushrod V8 with some new tricks
6.2S LT4: LT1 on steroids for total overkill but awesome powah

Also, remember this isn't Malaise Era anymore. When 5+L V8 makes 200 BHP then yeah, V8 is the only way to go because I4 engines were making like sub-100 BHP. Not true anymore.

With all that being said, for something like a Challenger, I, too, would scoff at the V6 ones. The reason is that Challenger is a one-trick pony, and the V6 lacks even that one trick. It's literally slower than a V6 Camry and a 2.0T Accord. Now that's just sad.
But it's comfy.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #55
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
Mary Berra won't be happy until everything they produce is an electric appliance. Whats next GM Sewing machine and Waffle Irons all signed by Mary Berra as the Mary Berra Special Edition.
Is Mary Barra making Ford invest $35B in EVs and Stellantis $27B (I think that was the last number I heard) and VW invest an equally absurd amount? I’m guessing she isn’t. Yet, somehow it’s all her fault. Makes sense. Well, not really.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #56
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
aiming at the thread title:

i like how it takes ford 6 years and chevrolet abandoning a product before they're able to do anything with it.

reminds me of the lsx in many ways.