Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #15
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I read somewhere CARB is proposing a photo database of the underside of vehicles that will compare to the test vehicle, if the components don't match you fail. Can you imagine the damage to the aftermarket exhaust market and the damage to your wallet as you'll have to purchase OEM CAT's and pipes? No end to what the commies can dream up it seems.

You guys in CA are about to lose access to bacon, bacon!! https://www.yahoo.com/news/bacon-may...141827828.html
My oem secondary cat delete now my bacon? Mothers****ers!!
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #16
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
Yep, CA sucks.........until we're driving in beautiful weather all winter while East coast dudes are putting their cars away like bears in hibernation.......LOL
Just a matter of time until they outlaw driving anything faster than a bicycle.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #17
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I read somewhere CARB is proposing a photo database of the underside of vehicles that will compare to the test vehicle, if the components don't match you fail. Can you imagine the damage to the aftermarket exhaust market and the damage to your wallet as you'll have to purchase OEM CAT's and pipes? No end to what the commies can dream up it seems.

You guys in CA are about to lose access to bacon, bacon!! https://www.yahoo.com/news/bacon-may...141827828.html
California already requires California specific Cats. They collect more sales tax that way. Brilliant!!
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:51 PM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Google "Legal CA exhaust mods"...

Basically no mods to cats, no cut-outs or by-passes, exhaust must include mufflers that do not exceed 95db...Good luck.

Also any traffic stop for loud exhaust is a mandatory fine and citation. No more "fix-it" tickets. Smog Referee, db check, fine and court date with proof of correction are required.
I believe we got that rolled back to fix it ticket? In any event, I have my NPP factory exhaust. In tour mode you are good. Sport mode on up isn’t. Go figure.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:56 PM   #19

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I believe we got that rolled back to fix it ticket? In any event, I have my NPP factory exhaust. In tour mode you are good. Sport mode on up isn’t. Go figure.
Hey, Rick. My understanding is that it is still a "fix-it" ticket, but a new law requires a fine and court date to go along with the fix. No more just get it fixed and no fine, but now also a mandatory fine.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #20
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
Yep, CA sucks.........until we're driving in beautiful weather all winter while East coast dudes are putting their cars away like bears in hibernation.......LOL
Drive both of mine year around..

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #21
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Move to Texas or Arizona like everyone else.

Hey now! We got enough of these idots from the west coast here in AZ now, we don't need any more. Its already going to take 10 years to unf*ck what they have done, don't tell them to keep coming. They are stupid enough to keep voting to take more and more of their freedoms away, they deserve 100% of what they get. I'll keep enjoying my guns, gaming computers, car mods and bacon.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:49 PM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Hey, Rick. My understanding is that it is still a "fix-it" ticket, but a new law requires a fine and court date to go along with the fix. No more just get it fixed and no fine, but now also a mandatory fine.
Tom, yeah that figures. It was struck down, but now later they add a new law . Have to fund this lousy state someway😡
Old 08-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #23
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Hey now! We got enough of these idots from the west coast here in AZ now, we don't need any more. Its already going to take 10 years to unf*ck what they have done, don't tell them to keep coming. They are stupid enough to keep voting to take more and more of their freedoms away, they deserve 100% of what they get. I'll keep enjoying my guns, gaming computers, car mods and bacon.
Well you know liberals, hypocrisy is what they do best!
Old 08-01-2021, 06:36 PM   #24
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
I know many people from California who moved to AZ years ago and they now refer to Californians as though they themselves never lived here. I remind them of that and the fact that most in California originated from point's East.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:53 PM   #25
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Well you know liberals, hypocrisy is what they do best!

Its painful to see it every day. Whats funny is CA was always the "more" liberal types... but over the last year all you see is Washington and Oregon license plates. They are your FAR left brain washed retards and makes alot of people from CA tame.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:59 PM   #26

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Everyone does what they think is best for them and their families. Personally, leaving California doesn't solve anything for me. I'm set and not going anywhere. Lots of negatives to dwell on for sure, but everyone's situation is different. I still like it here..lol. Born and raised here, not bailing out. Maybe if I were younger with a young family and struggling to make ends meet, I'd consider moving. California has been good to all my family and relatives. It's not everyone's cup of tea and I can see how many become disillusioned, but nothing lasts forever. Things here can still change for the better. All is not lost...lol.

If bashing California makes you feel better about where you live, have at it. If you don't want to live here, move on and good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #27
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Everyone does what they think is best for them and their families. Personally, leaving California doesn't solve anything for me. I'm set and not going anywhere. Lots of negatives to dwell on for sure, but everyone's situation is different. I still like it here..lol. Born and raised here, not bailing out. Maybe if I were younger with a young family and struggling to make ends meet, I'd consider moving. California has been good to all my family and relatives. It's not everyone's cup of tea and I can see how many become disillusioned, but nothing lasts forever. Things here can still change for the better. All is not lost...lol.

If bashing California makes you feel better about where you live, have at it. If you don't want to live here, move on and good luck.
We have thought about it for several years. Don’t see how it will get better here at all. Not in my lifetime. It’s going to take awhile to correct things, if at all. Only thing keeping us here is family and healthcare that’s better then most. And the smog filled whether and traffic..lol
Old 08-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #28
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
At least you can walk into a store, steal what you like, walk out and be on your way with no consequences.
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote